Thread: Do you want community mods?

Reviews

Default Do you want community mods?

My personal opinion is that we dont need or want community mods (Especially those that are Punters!)

Rather than have a poll that could be abused like it was last time, please post your reasons for and against

My reasons are

1/ I could not trust ANY Punter to be completely impatial and I would worry that they would have access to sensitive details - ie ip addresses etc

2/ Pat used to do a great job moderating, and if Pat can be consistant again then this would make the job and the workload much easier

3/ The whole point of Soap Land so I thought was to put people who clearly broke the rules - if the site was properly moderated then it wouldnt be necessary.

4/ You dont need knowledge of the sex industry - just common sense - telling someone to fuck off we can all handle, but the minute personal details get dragged in, then its time for action, (Telling someone to fuck off and die is basically a threat)
    so it shouldnt be too difficult for Pat to find someone. She of course should have the last word

5/ Pat needs to clearly state the role and exactly what a mod can and cant do, but she must retain ultimate power and she should be someone who people can appeal to if they feel a post was wrongly edited. Only Pat should be able to ban people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roryman View Post
    1/ I could not trust ANY Punter to be completely impatial and I would worry that they would have access to sensitive details - ie ip addresses etc
    This is a valid concern and I would like to make it clear it would not be my intention to ever have community mods that could see users IP addresses.

5/ Pat needs to clearly state the role and exactly what a mod can and cant do, but she must retain ultimate power and she should be someone who people can appeal to if they feel a post was wrongly edited. Only Pat should be able to ban people.
    Agree with this also.

Reviews

3/ The whole point of Soap Land so I thought was to put people who clearly broke the rules - if the site was properly moderated then it wouldnt be necessary.
    Very well put Roryman, the only point i disagree with you on , is the soap opera .

It was created for one person and one person only. If Patricia had banned her she would have seen a decrease in internet traffic .Because people do log on to see what the demonic half wit with say next.

Maybe its a ex hooker sisterhood thing

nbt

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    Very well put Roryman, the only point i disagree with you on , is the soap opera .

It was created for one person and one person only. If Patricia had banned her she would have seen a decrease in internet traffic .Because people do log on to see what the demonic half wit with say next.

Maybe its a ex hooker sisterhood thing

nbt
    NBT, I do NOT share your view of Liz
    It is wrong and stupid to keep perscuting her and anybody else.
    Grow up eh?