Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Rafa right?

Reviews

Default Was Rafa right?

First off, I am a Liverpool fan (and hoping for a draw in today's United-Chelski game), but I'm genuinely interested in what others have to say about Rafa's recent attack on Alex Ferguson - he said that Fergie was about the only Premiership manager who can say whatever he likes about refs and not get punished for it.

What do you think?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    First off, I am a Liverpool fan (and hoping for a draw in today's United-Chelski game), but I'm genuinely interested in what others have to say about Rafa's recent attack on Alex Ferguson - he said that Fergie was about the only Premiership manager who can say whatever he likes about refs and not get punished for it.

What do you think?
    Well I found his whole statement hard to digest initially but in hindsight I felt he was right really this thing about Ferguson & referees is something lots of football supporters have felt for a long time though Fergie did say recently that Liverpools 'nerves' would prevent them from winning the league that ruffled Rafas feathers too that was a silly thing to say
    Rafa 1

Red nose 0

Hot Lizzy Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    Well I found his whole statement hard to digest initially but in hindsight I felt he was right really this thing about Ferguson & referees is something lots of football supporters have felt for a long time though Fergie did say recently that Liverpools 'nerves' would prevent them from winning the league that ruffled Rafas feathers too that was a silly thing to say
    Rafa 1

Red nose 0

Probably not after yesterday's score - think he should of maybe come out and said something after they had won a game.

This whole business with Stevie G doesnt seem to be stopping him from scoring and hitting the post but i do understand where all are coming from - Like if you play at Man United's ground it seems that penalties do not go the way of the visiting team on the whole and they do seem to get of lightly with some of the tackles etc.,

About botteling it - well Arsenal lost it last season because, well they just lost the plot towards the end of the season. Manchester United started this season very badly and were in the middle of the table for some time and then they had games that were real bankers - Chelsea also seem to have lost the plot right now but i dont think that they will bottle it - looking forward to today's game - just dont think that i have the bottle to watch it.

I hope that Aston Villa can keep on keeping on i really do but i would have to see the next set of games that are coming up for them to make any comment - both man u and chelsea dont have banker games i do know that.

Liz Hilton a True Chelsea Blue.........fingers crossed - I hope not.

Over the moon - Sick as a parrot - you dont hear these expression so often after games in interviews these day's!
    Last edited by Hot Lizzy; 11-01-09 at 12:51.

4. Default

Elizabeth is there nothing you dont have knowledge on, you are so intelligent.
    The Cheeky Girls number 1 fan. Come back to Ireland girls.

Reviews

Well it was certainly the most entertaining rant of the season with joe kinnear a close second in my book from a few months back . After hearing quite a few views from the various pundits i'd have to say that the correct time to have a go at Sir Alex would have been in may IF and that's a big IF , Liverpool win the league . With the team he put out yesterday at Stoke , he has again proved that he doesn't know his best team . Keane may be thinkin of a Spurs return next season , under a manager that will play him in his best position to get the best out of him , Rafa certainly cant do that .

I don't think that his rant will have any effect what so ever on Fergie or United for todays game or any other this season , but i do think that come the 14th March in Old Trafford , all the pressure will be on the pool .Hopefully by that time we will have won our games in hand , starting with 3 points this afternoon , and it should be THE GAME OF THE SEASON thanks to Rafa .In football , opinions are like assholes , everyone has one and that's mine .
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Rafas done a Keegan fergie must be pissing himself laughing at how easy it was. Absolutely no chance now of Liverpool winning the league not when the manager can crack up that easily
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Reviews

Rafa was right about what he said about Ferguson. But he should have kept quiet. The end of the season would be the time to mention it as the media will make a big thing of it now especially the way the results have gone. With Liverpool only drawing yesterday and looking very likely Utd will win against Chelsea. It gives Ferguson the psychological edge and he is the master at these things I'm afraid. And also with Gerrards recent trouble I think they will start to slip up. It looks like it's Utds title. But I'm hoping all these extra games will catch up with Utd.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

So much for my 50 bet Utd v Chelsea to Draw

Chelsea Wankers!

Reviews

Talking

The way Chelsea are looking now they will be lucky if they finish 4th. When you consider Aston Villas form and Arsenal are just coming right again. Only 4 points between Arsenal and Chelsea now
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 11-01-09 at 18:08. Reason: Chelsea lost
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Thumbs down

to answer the original question yes rafa was right
    fergie is an old fox and knows how to get to people but liverpool really need to be at their best now and lost a lot of points from (no disrespect)lesser teams
    i myself am a villa fan and am loving the premiership at the moment
    we are not playing our best but still winning this is normally a man united trait but im not complaining and i really think we a good enough this year to take that 4th spot

respect people
    oh p.s feicin reds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast