Thread: i am getting old

Reviews

Default i am getting old

When I was younger, I thought I had nothing to do with those who were elderly. I think most young people find it hard to believe that they themselves will grow old. The reality is however, that now I am among the "elderly," and I can't move with the speed and ease that I once did.
    My teacher used to say that the last years of our life are the most important. If those last few years are happy ones, we have had a happy life.
    I received a letter a few years ago from a woman who was then 67 years old. Her advice was as follows: "We need to banish any expression of defeat from our minds--statements or thoughts such as 'I can't do it,' 'I'm too old,' 'There's no point in my trying,' 'I'm past it,' or 'It's too hard.' Instead we should be telling ourselves: 'I won't give up yet,' 'I'm still young,' 'I can still do it,' 'I've still got plenty of energy.' Just by changing the way we speak to ourselves and others we can change our pattern of behavior in a positive direction.Live life to the Full

Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kerry lad in town For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (27-09-10), westcorklad (27-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by kerry lad in town View Post
    jezze u look in a great shape in that pic.........fit and confident better then some youngers......
    Don't miss my visit in your town/city...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by diannasweet View Post
    jezze u look in a great shape in that pic.........fit and confident better then some youngers......
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    i knew it i had a bet on wth another lady

i thought you were 98 with a wee cap on

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kerry lad in town For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (27-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by kerry lad in town View Post

well thats why we can't wait to get old........to finally get all them skills.........