Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: multiple usernames

Reviews

Default multiple usernames

can this be stopped? this website in my eyes has really been totally discredited it simply has got stupid rules were made long ago to stop this but nothing has changed I've lost interest in this website due to this its a pity coz this is far superior to other similar type forums...

Reviews

Yeah, all the multiples are getting confusing. No way of knowing who might be who!

Blog Entries

Default It depends on their intentions

Multipleusernames arent so much the problem as are the intentions of those creating them.If someone creates a multiple username for a laugh then no harm done as if you were to remove every aspect of the site then there wouldnt be much left.

If someone creates a multiple username in order to conceal their identity to pursue an agenda then yes there would be a problem there.

The way i see it is like this.Those that create multiple usernames and who do so with an agenda in mind are breaking the rules anyway ,multiple username or otherwise.

The rules are there for the poster not the username.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Multipleusernames arent so much the problem as are the intentions of those creating them.If someone creates a multiple username for a laugh then no harm done as if you were to remove every aspect of the site then there wouldnt be much left.

If someone creates a multiple username in order to conceal their identity to pursue an agenda then yes there would be a problem there.

The way i see it is like this.Those that create multiple usernames and who do so with an agenda in mind are breaking the rules anyway ,multiple username or otherwise.

The rules are there for the poster not the username.

Westside.
    Exactly even I couldn't say it better well said Westside it is u isn't it?

Blog Entries

Default The prob is the ppl not the action

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    Exactly even I couldn't say it better well said Westside it is u isn't it?
    its like what i said about the reviews before.Call me self opinionated or whatever you like but as obvious as it is ,its not so much the reviews as those who post them.The same goes with abuse,usernames etc.the prob is the ppl and how they use them.

The only way to solve this is punishment by banning.Again this seems straight forward enough but it isnt due to the differences in the viewpoints of differing ppl ,mods included.

The biggest prob i have seen with sites is that there is too great a variation in the application of the site rules due to no fault of anyones.For starters nobody wants to see a person banned or to have a harsh ruling where ppl cant have a laugh but the line needs to be agreed upon and drawn.

Another prob is every site has rules in small print on the registering page but nobody reads them and nobody cares.If i have seen,heard nor would i believe someone is registering on a site,reads down through all the small print and says "nope i dont agree with this so im not going to join".Where am i heading with this statement?Simple.While we all may not know all the site rules ,we do know the difference between having a laugh and sheer downright vindictiveness and nastiness.The first will keep ppl posting and more will join.The second will drive ppl away.

The way i see things is we all have a pm box.If ppl really want to act the bollox then do it there and let others post in peace.

Again i really think that the mods and admin team should straighten out amongst themselves ,whats tolerable or not and then apply that 100%.Otherwise we will always have inconsistency and that will always (whether it is or not) look like taking sides.

Westside.

6. Default

You've hit the nail on the head west and all my profiles were kept light and never used for any other purpose than having a laugh likewise all the regular members of the chatroom or people i speak to already knew it was me..

Big daddy

Blog Entries

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by mommy hilton the 69th View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head west and all my profiles were kept light and never used for any other purpose than having a laugh likewise all the regular members of the chatroom or people i speak to already knew it was me..

Big daddy
    so were mine.

CIAO,
    Hot Lizzy.

8. Default lol

have a good one

Bigpaws(joke no more polls please)

Reviews

dunno why i make a serious thread
    off to pull my mickey

Reviews

What happened to the girlfriend ep? Don't tell me you're back to pulling your own again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast