Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody tried to hack my E-I account

Default Somebody tried to hack my E-I account

Hi all I got an email from E-I saying somebody was trying to get into my account last night. The IP address they were using was IP address: . I think its in London. Just be careful and make sure your passwords are strong.
    Last edited by Doozer; 06-02-11 at 08:08.
    Veni vidi vici

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona07 View Post
    Hi all I got an email from E-I saying somebody was trying to get into my account last night. The IP address they were using was IP address: . I think its in London. Just be careful and make sure your passwords are strong.
    I'm very impressed with EIs vigilance.

I access my account from multiple devices, home laptop, work laptop, iPhone, all different ip addresses and I travel so ip address changes all the time.

So how do they know there's an attempt at hacking? If they are seeing multiple attempts to login to an account, it could have a virus on the server. In which case a good password should be enough to protect it.
    Last edited by Doozer; 06-02-11 at 10:32. Reason: Typos

Blog Entries
    Reviews

You're not the only one this has happened to recently. Could you pm me that ip address?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    You're not the only one this has happened to recently. Could you pm me that ip address?
    mine also. I have sent you the ip along with associated links.very interesting indeed.

hi Cantona
    Forwarded this to techie , so this will be checked.
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
    Regards
    Nicole

wasn´t me
    LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aliciasexy For This Useful Post:

warmcome (06-02-11)

Reviews

If this is happening more than just very occasionally, surely E-I should consider contacting the authorities?

This would not need to identify the members whose accounts had been attacked.

Uk courts have decided that the evidence of a server's log file is enough to generate a criminal conviction under the computer misuse act when somebody tries to hack any part of a website.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    If this is happening more than just very occasionally, surely E-I should consider contacting the authorities?

Uk courts have decided that the evidence of a server's log file is enough to generate a criminal conviction under the computer misuse act when somebody tries to hack any part of a website.

My God,is not so important if somebody try to sign in in your E I account,i will not contacting the authorities fot that.LOL
    I can give my password for everybody ,for me dosn´t matter that much.
    Yes i can get upset if somebody wan´t to log in into my MSN ,YAHOO MSN,SKYPE,this is important for me,put E I is not

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aliciasexy View Post
    Yes i can get upset if somebody wan´t to log in into my MSN ,YAHOO MSN,SKYPE,this is important for me,put E I is not
    But some folks may use the same password, or the same password root for different services.

Not to be advised of course but a lot of folks do.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post

CID looking through E-I's server logs? Is this really what you are suggesting?

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast