Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland

Default Ireland

I went to Kinsale today. It is utterly lovely, with the best Mojito I have has since Miami. This tour has been the nicest for ages as I was up at Ross Point in Sligo and Donegal too. Tres jolie. Where is your favourite place in Ireland?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (22-04-11), Lincoln (22-04-11), Morpheus (22-04-11), Rodney69 (22-04-11), royaler (25-04-11)

Reviews

[smarm]

Wherever you are, Lucy.

[/smarm]

Actually, apart from really cool family holidays in Bundoran many moons ago, my favourite place is my home town. It's by the sea, not full of idiots, and really handy to Belfast (in itself a really nice place now, since a load of people wised up, and it got like a 'proper' city).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Headlad For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I went to Kinsale today. It is utterly lovely, with the best Mojito I have has since Miami. This tour has been the nicest for ages as I was up at Ross Point in Sligo and Donegal too. Tres jolie. Where is your favourite place in Ireland?
    really big weekend in kinsale this weekend i think, possibly the may bank holiday though.....sorry im no use.

I like kerry for scenery but i am a city boy at heart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCelticDream For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Headlad View Post
    [smarm]

Wherever you are, Lucy.

[/smarm]

Actually, apart from really cool family holidays in Bundoran many moons ago, my favourite place is my home town. It's by the sea, not full of idiots, and really handy to Belfast (in itself a really nice place now, since a load of people wised up, and it got like a 'proper' city).
    I did a bit of wandering around Bangor last summer. Port Rush too. Equally lovely.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Galway.
    Every time.

Its big enough and touristy enough to always have something happening.
    But it doesn't feel as anonymous as a city.

dom

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dom For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-04-11)

Reviews

Lucy

Kinsale is lovely (as is most of this country when we get some sunshine ...).

Dunno if you are still on the buses (ffs, ahem!) but while in that part of the world a trip to Garnish Island is, imho, a must. A bit away from where you are at the moment but an absolutely amazing little spot. Well worth the trip and, if you disagree, I'll refund your boat/admission fee. Truly, it is one of Ireland's hidden gems. If you don't get a Zen-like moment there you never will ...

Tell me where you're off to next and will happily continue this travelogue!

hd.

Reviews

Wicklow mountains ,Glendalough any where around there does it for me every time on a nice day hard to beat

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

bert dublin (22-04-11), emmasweet (22-04-11), Forrest (22-04-11), Lincoln (22-04-11), Morpheus (22-04-11)

Reviews

Galway but for punting Dublin loads happening to blend in
    Galway_stud
    Aiming to please every time

]
    Gone but not forgotten
    Jessica Jessy

Reviews

Lucy

Been thinking a bit about whether or not you are still using buses - if so Garnish Island is probably a bit out of the way.

In Cork 'city' center you have the bells of Shandon - an utterly ear splittingly memorable experience of one of the steepest streets you will ever encounter. On a more corny level, the Blarney Stone isn't too far away form the 'city' centre - cheesy yes but all in good fun. Fota Island if animals are your thing ...

Another amazing little spot in Cork is (spelling mistake coming up here) Gogonbarra - a bit like Glendalough in the sense of tranquility. On a good day it is really impressive.

Other than that I suggest you look for a big sign with an arrow showing the way to Dublin!

JC are you there???

hd.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hd7055 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (22-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Kilkenny is quite nice great for night life... Don't think ya can beat ol'Dublin though
    If you have any information in relation to human trafficking/pimped ladies

*Act responsibly freephone 1800 25 00 25 *

That one call could save a life

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast