Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia!

Blog Entries

Default Insomnia!

Sorry if this thread has been done before but insomnia but I missed it & insomnia is something I have lived with for years

Does anyone who does suffer from it have any realistic cures, besides exercise because I feckin hate that lol
    Dont judge me but to date cannabis is the only thing that works for me but as I dont smoke it when touring I'm at a loss.
    Thankfully I can get some sleep at night with my headphones but some nights (tonight) I feel more awake than I do at 10am.
    All advise & sarky comments gratefully accepted
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 09-11-14 at 04:47.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Irish Leigha (09-11-14), Jiberjabber (09-11-14), Nicole (09-11-14), tom sand (09-11-14)

Reviews

I'd also be very interested in an answer for this one.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (09-11-14), Wolverine (09-11-14)

Blog Entries

Not that it'll be any help but good to know its not just me x

& to all my apologise for the bad grammar in the first sentence I have a dodgy keyboard! I'm also grammar police of my own posts, I cant get a feckin break lol
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 09-11-14 at 05:06.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (09-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Not that it'll be any help but good to know its not just me x
    I know what this one is like so if I could help I would. Sorry Natalie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (09-11-14)

Reviews

Your far from alone Natalie. Don't know of any instant cures. Sometimes warm milk will help.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (09-11-14), Naughtynatalie (09-11-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    I know what this one is like so if I could help I would. Sorry Natalie.
    No need for apologise hun, I appreciate the thought & without seeming rude or selfish it really is nice to know its not just me. I'm staying off facebook because I dont like to see my friends out partying without me while I'm touring. So although I know lots suffer from it, to post here & get replies in acknowledgement is weirdly comforting! Maybe now I've posted we'll find a weird & wonderful cure x

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Your far from alone Natalie. Don't know of any instant cures. Sometimes warm milk will help.
    You brought back childhood memories with the warm milk, thank you Used to love it & now in hindsight maybe thats why my mum gave me it! Shall try it though & let you know x
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 09-11-14 at 05:20.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

Bella26 (09-11-14), Irish Leigha (09-11-14), Jiberjabber (09-11-14), Wolverine (09-11-14)

Reviews

It might be an idea to not drink tea, coffee or alcohol too close to bed time. These drinks will just make you alert. It might be worth trying a natural health store to see if they have any remedies.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (09-11-14), Melindablondey (09-11-14), Wolverine (09-11-14)

Hi Nataly, wanted to let u know that u arent the only one who does suffer from insomnia. I suffer from it .... from time to time i take a sleeping pill to help me have a decent sleep during the night. otherwise nothing else helps me. even if i do manage to sleep in the morning .... lets face it .... its not the same as u are sleeping during the night. I should probably look for hypnotherapy or smth. All the best for u girl and for other night owls like us xxx
    " Always be a Gentleman to the Ladies, there is plenty of time to be a dick in the bedroom "
    Erotic massage - 07477561967

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella26 For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (09-11-14), Naughtynatalie (09-11-14), Wolverine (09-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    It might be an idea to not drink tea, coffee or alcohol too close to bed time. These drinks will just make you alert. It might be worth trying a natural health store to see if they have any remedies.
    I know what you're saying but tea helps me relax and often helps me sleep.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (09-11-14), thehighwayman (09-11-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Thanks HWM but I dont drink tea or coffee except at breakfast & bizarrely as it may sound alcohol does help me sleep but having alcoholism in my family I dont make a habit of it. I havent had any alcohol tonight & yet last night (friday) I had 2 glasses of vino & got some sleep whereas alcohol free tonight & I'm as alert as I ever am! Even had a warm milk & put my headphones on went to bed about 45 mins ago & yet here I am
    Also tried the herbal/health shop remedies loads of times but no joy

Quote Originally Posted by Bella26 View Post
    Hi Nataly, wanted to let u know that u arent the only one who does suffer from insomnia. I suffer from it .... from time to time i take a sleeping pill to help me have a decent sleep during the night. otherwise nothing else helps me. even if i do manage to sleep in the morning .... lets face it .... its not the same as u are sleeping during the night. I should probably look for hypnotherapy or smth. All the best for u girl and for other night owls like us xxx
    Hey Bella
    thanks for your reply hun & I have also took sleeping pills ( half was more than enough for me) & it did work on the occasions I took them, but I have a serious distain for pharmaceutical drugs, their side affects & addictive qualities. I prefer illegal drugs as I know where I am with them but I dont want to be reliant on either of them. TBH the only natural thing that I have heard of is exercise & I loath it! Also when you tour it is so hard to try to get into a routine with exercise but as I write this I'm thinking I have to try harder as it seems to be the only other option without taking legal or illegal drugs xx
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 09-11-14 at 06:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast