Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car insurance

Love Car insurance

I received a letter from my insurance co as my insurance is for renewal next week they told me in the letter i was to pay 590 i phone them and told them i never had an accident or any penalty points and that i had rang a couple of other insurance companys up and they were not as expensive so i told them i was thinking of going with another co even though i am with this co years they told me to hold the line when they came back they told me they would do it for 490 so it just shows you they didnt want to lose business what do youse think of that got 100 of it they can do it if they want x x x

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

tom sand (09-10-14), wolfie (10-10-14)

Reviews

Had the exact same thing last month, broker I was with quoted me €620 to reinsure, tried around got it for €490, funny thing was both quotes were from same underwriter, so don't know if broker was padding their end because I'd been with them a few years and they thought I would just stay. Pays to shop around

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (09-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Had the exact same thing last month, broker I was with quoted me €620 to reinsure, tried around got it for €490, funny thing was both quotes were from same underwriter, so don't know if broker was padding their end because I'd been with them a few years and they thought I would just stay. Pays to shop around
    I asked them would i still get the same extras if i broke down etc they said yes all the same for that price x x

Reviews

I'm paying near €4000 a year insurance, was €3800 last year so I too told them that I would shop around, they said fine, do that but most wouldn't even quote me so had to go back to them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HairyPotter For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (10-10-14)

Reviews

It goes to show the mugs they take us for. Gotta keep them on their toes. I switch back and forth with different companies every couple of years. Keeps them honest ( kinda )

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (11-10-14), Melindablondey (10-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by HairyPotter View Post
    I'm paying near €4000 a year insurance, was €3800 last year so I too told them that I would shop around, they said fine, do that but most wouldn't even quote me so had to go back to them
    Why so expensive x x

Reviews

And how do you feel when clients haggle for a few € off?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (10-10-14), SteveB (10-10-14), TonyB (10-10-14)

Online insurance companies are fairly cheap. Try 123.ie for a quote. You would need to be changing around every year if you have no claims or penalty points to get the best deals.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jupitor For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (10-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    It goes to show the mugs they take us for. Gotta keep them on their toes. I switch back and forth with different companies every couple of years. Keeps them honest ( kinda )
    Once they think your going to go with another co they wont let you go afraid of loseing business x x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

wolfie (10-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    And how do you feel when clients haggle for a few € off?
    I show them the door

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (11-10-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast