Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-I News

Reviews

Default E-I News

Good evening all, and welcome to E-I news with me, LDM. Due to a lack of funding (mainly due to dr love's sudden interest in butter...) I am afraid tonight's E-I news will be rather short. I am sure I shall be able to find something to satisfy all my loyal viewers, old and new. Tonight's headlines: Airbus unveils the plane of tomorrow; chivalry is benevolent sexism; and finally tonight, my status as king of the thread hijackers.

Airbus have... Excuse me a sec folks... (Guys, why is nothing coming up on the teleprompter??? *awkward 10 second silence...* You have got to be joking... DOC RUINED ALL THE TELEPROMPTERS BY SPILLING BUTTER ALL OVER THEM??? WTF GUYS?!?!?!).

*coughs* sorry about that folks. We appear to be having some... (ahem) technical difficulties... Due to this, I am afraid that I have to directly copy the info regarding Airbus' new concept design word for word. Apologies.

"A see-through plane that gives passengers a "panoramic" view of the earth and sky may sound far-fetched, but it's a vision for air travel in 2050 being touted by Airbus.
    The aircraft manufacturer unveiled the futuristic plan this week ahead of the Paris airshow.
    In addition to walls that can become transparent, the so-called "concept cabin" includes vitamin and antioxidant-enriched air, aromatherapy and morphing seats that change with the passenger's body shape.
    In a release, Airbus says the passengers of 2050 will "recharge in a vitalizing seat whilst watching the planet spread out beneath their feet."
    The cabin, still in the concept stage, would also allow travellers to play a virtual game of golf or join an interactive conference.
    "There are no limits to the kinds of social scenarios in the centre zone of the concept cabin — the 'interactive zone,' " the company says.
    "The virtual pop-up projections in this area can transform you to whichever social scene you want to be in, from holographic gaming to virtual changing rooms for active shoppers."
    The cabin, Airbus adds, will also have mood lighting.
    Details of the concept cabin follow an Airbus announcement last fall about the concept plane it would be housed in. The aircraft, the company said, would feature environmental benefits, including reduced fuel consumption, emissions, and noise.
    The aircraft's structure "mimics the efficiency of bird bone," and features an "intelligent cabin wall membrane which controls air temperature and can become transparent," it said.
    For more details visit www.thefuturebyairbus.com.
    "

And there was me thinking the programme was gonna be short tonight *sigh*...

Next tonight... Oh ya, I guess I'm gonna have to do the same with this (ffs when doc gets in I'mma get my pitchfork and whoop his ass with it!!!). Sorry about all this folks, all the information we get here is usually summarised automatically by our A.I teleprompters, but I'm afraid that without them I have to give all the details. Well here is our rather long bulletin regarding chivalry and sexism... (I swear I'm gonna kill that mofo doc if it's the last thing I do before bed time...).

"Traditional chivalry is a subtle form of sexism despite its “seemingly positive” qualities, according to the authors of a new psychological study.

The study, published in the Psychology of Women Quarterly journal, uses examples of “benevolent sexism” that include using “he” to refer to a person of unknown gender, helping a woman by carrying shopping bags, or offering to drive on long-distance journeys.

Such acts imply a woman cannot perform the task without help from a man, the report’s authors argue.

Other examples include paying for dinner, seeing a woman safely home and “paternalistic treatment” that they describe as “a woman being cherished or protected by men”.

The study asked both male and female students in Germany and the United States to keep diaries of events in their lives. One group was specifically asked about sexist incidents, while another was asked about more general social interactions. Neither knew about the purpose of the study.

“Women endorse sexist beliefs, at least in part, because they do not attend to subtle, aggregate forms of sexism in their personal lives,” the report concluded.

“Many men not only lack attention to such incidents but also are less likely to perceive sexist incidents as being discriminatory and potentially harmful for women.”

The report’s authors said that “benevolent sexism” is not recognised as a problem, despite "its negative implications and consequences".

“The seemingly positive and flattering qualities, embedded within normative and therefore unnoticed or unacknowledged unequal gender relations, hides the harm benevolent sexism can promote and encourages its endorsement,” they wrote.
    "

Finally tonight, it is with greatest regret that I (LDM) renounce my position as king of the thread hijackers. I feel I am no longer suited to the title of "Certified Thread Hijacker" so for the sake of my fellow thread derailers, I must give up my (invisible) crown... But every cloud has a silver lining, and this is no exception. Yes I may no longer be king of the thread hijackers (Certified Thread Hijacker if you wanna get technical...) but I now possess a title most worthy of my being, a title which outshines my previous position. And that title is: MASTER OF SHENANIGANS!!!

Thank you all for tuning in to tonight's E-I news. Again, my sincerest apologies regarding the technical issues we are currently experiencing, but you can rest assured that the next E-I news will be back in business as normal. Good evening to all, and may your evenings be filled with talk of erotica and joy. This is LDM signing off.

Last edited by ladiesman217; 15-06-11 at 19:12.
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

benin (15-06-11), bert dublin (15-06-11), comicbookguy (15-06-11), dr love (15-06-11), JAMESCORK (16-06-11), lovethegirls (15-06-11), magicalman9357 (15-06-11), mer (15-06-11), Morpheus (15-06-11), Rayden (15-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Reporting of a high standard once again ldm . On behalf of all here accept our thanks and gratitude.
    EI Forum out .

Now listen here me and fecking butter your confused there brother .
    Please keep office bollocks out of your broadcasts,
    Now if it was possible to reach across cyber space and trottle ya , I would and take pleasure in such , please keep that in mind for your next report .:
    doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Reviews

Very good LDM cheers
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Blog Entries

Great reading and viewing LDM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magicalman9357 For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I like reading the pictures.
    Thanks LDM
     little said is easy mended

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Legswideopen For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

doc butterball nearly ruined the news... good save pip(tm anyone) lone wolf(pmsl) MASTER OF SHENANIGANS(ffs his name is long)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    doc butterball nearly ruined the news... good save pip(tm anyone) lone wolf(pmsl) MASTER OF SHENANIGANS(ffs his name is long)
    Butterball you cat , he has quite a name I give you that .: lol

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Butterball you cat , he has quite a name I give you that .: lol
    who has quiet a name? do you mean...pip(tm anyone) lone wolf(pmsl) MASTER OF SHENANIGANS(ffs his name is long)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

dr love (15-06-11), ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    who has quiet a name? do you mean...pip(tm anyone) lone wolf(pmsl) MASTER OF SHENANIGANS(ffs his name is long)
    Yeah that guy , fecked if I'm saying that .: lol

Reviews

aww the butter word again haha, now i have yous all addicted lol butterballs haha by the great thread dude, cheers, keep up the good work!!!!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (15-06-11)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast