Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of Top Gear? Has Jeremy Clarkson finally gone too far?

Reviews

Default The end of Top Gear? Has Jeremy Clarkson finally gone too far?

The end of Top Gear?

Or possibly a new Top Gear show on Sky?

Has Jeremy Clarkson finally gone too far?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0311/686...son-suspended/

http://news.sky.com/story/1442567/re...on-tops-250000
    Last edited by SteveB; 11-03-15 at 11:00.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (11-03-15), tom sand (11-03-15)

Sorry lads, but I always thought Top Gear was shit

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-03-15)

Its my favourite show and Top Gear would not be the same if Clarkson was not there, the other two presenters are shit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Young Banger For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Clarkson, is reported to have hit producer Oisin Tymon, after being told no dinner had been laid on for the presenters after they finished filming for the BBC2 show one evening last week.
    Previous incidents include;=
    • July 2008: Drink-driving
    BBC bosses told Clarkson off for supping a gin and tonic while behind the wheel of a pick-up truck
    • November 2008: Lorry drivers
    With reference to Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper, Clarkson joked on the show about how lorry drivers "murder prostitutes"
    • February 2009: Gordon Brown
    The then prime minister was dismissed as a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" during a press conference in Australia.
    • October 2009: Black Muslim Lesbians
    Clarkson said that the BBC was obsessed with hiring black, Muslim lesbians to counter the number of white heterosexuals in its ranks.
    • July 2010: Burkas and lingerie
    During a Top Gear discussion on distractions while driving: “Honestly, the burka doesn’t work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings.”
    • August 2010: Special needs
    Clarkson referred to a Ferrari as 'special needs' and a 'simpleton' as a way of giving it a bad review.
    • February 2011: Mexico
    Clarkson sparked a diplomatic incident, and was forced to apologise to the Mexican ambassador
    • January 2012: India
    Viewers complained about Clarkson's provocative remarks concerning the country's clothing, trains, food and history.
    • May 2014: The 'N'-word
    Clarkson was forced into a apology after appearing to mumble the word as he sang a nursery rhyme on Top Gear.
    • July 2014: Slope
    Ofcom said he had breached their guidelines, when he referred to an Asian person as a 'slope',
    • October 2014: Falklands
    Jeremy Clarkson caused offence this time by driving through Argentina using a number plate apparently referring to the Falklands War.

Clarkson is reported as having said: “I’m having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over
    Hardly the language of someone who is sorry intends to change his behaviour. The problem for the BBC is he makes a lot of money for the corporation, but he is uncontrollable and gives gratuitous offence to a lot of people. And this time it involves violence.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

tom sand (11-03-15)

He's just a complete twat. Apparently he owns a lighthouse on the Isle of Man and the surrounding land is public, and he was trying to tell people to keep off 'his' land. People were using the public footpath

Reviews

they should let himkeep doing it while technically suspended then if hes found to be guilty they will have at least got the 3 work out of him without pay as part punishment
    Last edited by funlover12; 11-03-15 at 11:29. Reason: daze

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I disagree they are not shit, but not as good as that arrogant F**ker Clarkson!
    ok not totally shit but very close

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Young Banger For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-03-15)

Reviews

I tend to agree with samlad. I rather thought the Top Gear show was not a serious motor programme, and its humour wore thin after a time. But it is very popular, the BBC owns the copyright, and it makes a fortune for the BBC because it is shown all over the world.
    It is Clarkson that is the show, not the other two presenters, and without him it would not be top gear.
    Question for the BBC; sack Clarkson and lose a Cash Cow, let it "blow over" and take him back, in which case Clarkson will have faced them down and be even more uncontrollable.
    Quite possibly Clarkson believes he could make more money working for Sky, and that is the reason for his attitude.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I tend to agree with samlad. I rather thought the Top Gear show was not a serious motor programme, and its humour wore thin after a time. But it is very popular, the BBC owns the copyright, and it makes a fortune for the BBC because it is shown all over the world.
    It is Clarkson that is the show, not the other two presenters, and without him it would not be top gear.
    Question for the BBC; sack Clarkson and lose a Cash Cow, let it "blow over" and take him back, in which case Clarkson will have faced them down and be even more uncontrollable.
    Quite possibly Clarkson believes he could make more money working for Sky, and that is the reason for his attitude.
    The real catch 22 is for the BBC, apparently Top Gear is the most watched TV show in the world and while everybody knows
    Clarkson has gone too far the cash the show generates is absolutely massive. Clarkson might need to be careful here as he
    may have overplayed his hand , remember nobody is irreplacable, Andy Gray and Richard Keys thought they were and now
    its as if they had never even existed, no one person is bigger than an organisation
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

SteveB (11-03-15)

the more success you get the more you become your own caricature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast