Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toll road electronic tags...

Reviews

Default Toll road electronic tags...

Been trying to figure out these systems, thinking about getting the tag for my car, but they're confusing as all hell. Anyone know if there is one system that works on all toll roads and actually saves you money? It looks like the only toll that gets discounted is the M50 - are any of the others discounted with the toll tag?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Been trying to figure out these systems, thinking about getting the tag for my car, but they're confusing as all hell. Anyone know if there is one system that works on all toll roads and actually saves you money? It looks like the only toll that gets discounted is the M50 - are any of the others discounted with the toll tag?
    I've got an eflow tag, www.eflow.ie, you stick in on your windscreen under your rear view mirror, works on all tolls & I do a fair bit of travelling.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 18-07-16 at 16:56.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (18-07-16), joggon (18-07-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sandy 69 View Post
    I've got an eflow tag, www.eflow.ie, you stick in on your windscreen under your rear view mirror, works on all tolls & I do a fair bit of travelling.

Sandy x
    Thanks for that... However it looks like it does not work everywhere anymore. Ffs, m7&8... main national artery...

Lol only in Ireland...

From their website:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EFLOW TAG CUSTOMERS
    From August 31st 2016 until further notice, you will not be able to use your eFlow tag to pay for journeys on the M1, M7/M8 or M25

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

I have an eflow account, they email you with your account info, I have not had an email telling me about those changes.

Sandy x
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

Reviews

Thanks for that... However it looks like it does not work everywhere anymore. Ffs, m7&8... main national artery...

Lol only in Ireland...

From their website:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EFLOW TAG CUSTOMERS
    From August 31st 2016 until further notice, you will not be able to use your eFlow tag to pay for journeys on the M1, M7/M8 or M25
    I don't know for sure if they work but a guy I know tells me that German Number Plates which you can buy online
    will get you thru the toll free as the camera cannot read them also said to work with Gatso vans but I cannot confirm
    if this is 100% true or not, but you would see a lot of cars using them.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I don't know for sure if they work but a guy I know tells me that German Number Plates which you can buy online
    will get you thru the toll free as the camera cannot read them also said to work with Gatso vans but I cannot confirm
    Lol I hate those plates, normally 18 year old guys with their first cars. Interested to see if there's anything to the free tolls, but I'd be very surprised. I'm sure they have the system well sewn up.

Reviews

Lol I hate those plates, normally 18 year old guys with their first cars. Interested to see if there's anything to the free tolls, but I'd be very surprised. I'm sure they have the system well sewn up.
    Well if they worked and you use the toll a lot I would use them , I think it is
    something to do with the way the letters are especially the 0 as it is like a Q
    but the guy that told me got them for the speed vans and he said they work?.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sandy 69 View Post

Sandy x
    We have the same thing, it's great. I do charity runs and races all over the country and it's gotten me through every toll road without a problem. We get a bill at the end of the month and that's it. Not sure if we save money, but that's not the purpose; it's all about the convenience and man is it convenient!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ClarkKent For This Useful Post:

Sexy Sandy 69 (18-07-16)

Reviews

Well if they worked and you use the toll a lot I would use them , I think it is
    something to do with the way the letters are especially the 0 as it is like a Q
    but the guy that told me got them for the speed vans and he said they work?.
    If they can't process your number they still have their pictures and a file is created. When this file starts taking up too much space expect to be pulled over by the guys in blue.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (18-07-16)

Reviews

Put the wrong number on your car
    What's Anon's reg? Anyone know. Pm me
    Last edited by TonyB; 18-07-16 at 19:12.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (18-07-16), Prickly (19-07-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast