Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protest strike ---

Reviews

Default Protest strike ---

This small Country employs some 373,000 Public Sector workers, costing the State over 10% of GNP , also 15000 of whom earn in excess of €100k. ------ Is this an unneccessary top heavy burden
    loaded on our over-strained economy ?
    Up to 215,000 are ON STRIKE TODAY over the Gov`ts proposal of what it merely boils down to is an increased pension self/contribution. ------ Is this action justified ?
    ---- Feel free to air your Gripes !!

Default why zank you i zink i will air my gripes

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/4...6-20164D8C6432

ouhhh that feels much bettouer

Quote Originally Posted by LLAMEDOS View Post
    Feel free to air your Gripes !!

Blog Entries

Default Ah the public service

Quote Originally Posted by LLAMEDOS View Post
    This small Country employs some 373,000 Public Sector workers, costing the State over 10% of GNP , also 15000 of whom earn in excess of €100k. ------ Is this an unneccessary top heavy burden
    loaded on our over-strained economy ?
    Up to 215,000 are ON STRIKE TODAY over the Gov`ts proposal of what it merely boils down to is an increased pension self/contribution. ------ Is this action justified ?
    ---- Feel free to air your Gripes !!
    The almighty public service.I passed a few of them earlier this morn and asked them do they want anything in the shop.

It all goes back to whatever is easily gotten is esteemed lightly.These ppl have it way to easy for way to long when compared with private sector workers.

There are very few of the public service worth their money.I spoke with a bus driver i know not long ago.He told me a foreign company were interested in buying Bus Eireann (sorry ladoooo) and they did a survey and considered everything.They declined to buy it in the end.Why?They citied two reasons.The councils are useless and the Police arent up to scratch.This is a fact.Not me talking but info from behind the scenes.

Your from Cork and said your a fisherman.Now look at the work you had to do for the money you got in comparison to some of these ppl.Look at ppl in the farming commuinities.Look at ppl in construction.

Most of the public service are useless and need to cop on or be pulled.Its that simple because they are costing way more than they are worth.I said most ,not all.

they arent worth the money that they are striking about,
    Westside.

Everyone has the right to withdraw their labour and stage a legitimate protest.

Problem here is that neither the public or private caused the mess that we are in.

No it was the top 5% of wealthy people in this country.

While some of these 5% have been hammered a lot of them retain their wealth and have no notion of parting with any of it to help this country.. However the Govts plan is to hit the ordinary worker, the sick and people on the dole to pay for this mess.

The OECD published a report that Ireland had in fact a smaller public sector per capita than many other developed countries.

You say 15,000 earn over €100,000 that still leaves 358,000 people who earn under 100,000 in a lot of cases far less.
    There are a significant number of Public Servants that claim the Family Income Supplement from Social Welfare this is means tested and you have to be on a low income to qualify.

These as well as the guys over 100,000 are the targets of the Govt.

And finally............

If you are in the private sector be careful what you wish for because if a public servant is hit in the pocket (again) the most common reaction is that they will cut back on their spending.
    This will hit the private sector with yet again less sales.
    This will in turn lead to more lay offs and less taxes back to the govt.
    Which will means more pay cuts then the downward spiral repeats..............

the 1st and 2nd estate are in cahoots to bring down the ordinary man and keep their wealth. 1st estate - fianna fail, fine gael, the construction bosses, the bankers, the speculators. the 2nd estate - the media moguls like tony o'reilly. public, private it's all about a fair buck for a days work. people have been hijacked by the celtic tiger and this resultant recession. big mortgages, declining wages, increased taxes. but the public sector gets lashed as it's seen as filled with useless layabouts.

i tell you i also feel sorry for those students who won't get a job for the next 5 years. how we have fallen. i used to vote fianna fáil but have committed never to supporting those shower of langers again. labour from now. ireland needs a centre left government.

Blog Entries

Default Centre Left?

Quote Originally Posted by Buachaillbeag View Post
    the 1st and 2nd estate are in cahoots to bring down the ordinary man and keep their wealth. 1st estate - fianna fail, fine gael, the construction bosses, the bankers, the speculators. the 2nd estate - the media moguls like tony o'reilly. public, private it's all about a fair buck for a days work. people have been hijacked by the celtic tiger and this resultant recession. big mortgages, declining wages, increased taxes. but the public sector gets lashed as it's seen as filled with useless layabouts.

i tell you i also feel sorry for those students who won't get a job for the next 5 years. how we have fallen. i used to vote fianna fáil but have committed never to supporting those shower of langers again. labour from now. ireland needs a centre left government.
    Labour arent a centre left party.They should this before when they were in gov.

Westside,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    The almighty public service.I passed a few of them earlier this morn and asked them do they want anything in the shop.

It all goes back to whatever is easily gotten is esteemed lightly.These ppl have it way to easy for way to long when compared with private sector workers.

There are very few of the public service worth their money.I spoke with a bus driver i know not long ago.He told me a foreign company were interested in buying Bus Eireann (sorry ladoooo) and they did a survey and considered everything.They declined to buy it in the end.Why?They citied two reasons.The councils are useless and the Police arent up to scratch.This is a fact.Not me talking but info from behind the scenes.

Your from Cork and said your a fisherman.Now look at the work you had to do for the money you got in comparison to some of these ppl.Look at ppl in the farming commuinities.Look at ppl in construction.

Most of the public service are useless and need to cop on or be pulled.Its that simple because they are costing way more than they are worth.I said most ,not all.

they arent worth the money that they are striking about,
    Westside.

Could'nt expect anything else from you West but your normal anti public service rant.

Meanwhile you are missing the bigger picture as the wralthy are only too happy for guys like you to vent their anger at public service workers while they still enjoy luxury lifestyles.

Reviews

Good post.
    Actually describes whats going on in a nutshell

well if people think fine gael are the answer to everything read their policies. thatcherite to the last. we had this with f.f. and the p.d.s. that's what got us in this mess. deregulated to de last.

Reviews

well if people think fine gael are the answer to everything read their policies. thatcherite to the last. we had this with f.f. and the p.d.s. that's what got us in this mess. deregulated to de last.
    Fine Gael would fuck up this Country worse than Brian Clown and CO.

What is needed is an emergancy governmemt made up of the finest minds in the different areas.
    Fuvk the political parties as not one of them can take us out of this mess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast