Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could it happen?

Default Could it happen?

Senator David Norris officially launched his bid for the Irish presidency at the Science Gallery in Dublin today.

Speaking at the announcement, Sen. Norris said the time has come for "political revolution that puts the needs of the people first."

"It is with a hopeful heart and a deep sense of responsibility, that I stand before you today - to formally announce my intention to seek the presidency of this wonderful country. The decision to seek public office, particularly the highest in the land, is one not taken lightly and so it is with a sense of duty and resolve I put my name forward."

Sen. Norris will need to secure the support of 20 Oireachtas members or 4 county councils before getting his name on the ballot paper.

When asked by journalists if Ireland was ready for an openly gay president, Sen. Norris said: "I don't see myself as a gay president, I see myself as a president who happens to be gay."

He added: "I think the Irish people are a little bit bored with my sexuality".

If Sen. Norris is successful he will become Ireland's first openly gay head of state.

What do you think?

GL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageViewer.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	38430  
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

I saw him speak once. He's a funny guy.

Reviews

I don't care who else is running, I'm voting for the good Senator. He is erudite, eloquent, and just the right bit eccentric. I find him quite charming.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Gaylord (21-03-11)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    I saw him speak once. He's a funny guy.
    Worth votong for?

GL

Reviews

VOTE #1 DAVID NORRIS

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT UP IN THE ARAS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Irish Fiona (26-03-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    Senator David Norris officially launched his bid for the Irish presidency at the Science Gallery in Dublin today.

Speaking at the announcement, Sen. Norris said the time has come for "political revolution that puts the needs of the people first."

"It is with a hopeful heart and a deep sense of responsibility, that I stand before you today - to formally announce my intention to seek the presidency of this wonderful country. The decision to seek public office, particularly the highest in the land, is one not taken lightly and so it is with a sense of duty and resolve I put my name forward."

Sen. Norris will need to secure the support of 20 Oireachtas members or 4 county councils before getting his name on the ballot paper.

When asked by journalists if Ireland was ready for an openly gay president, Sen. Norris said: "I don't see myself as a gay president, I see myself as a president who happens to be gay."

He added: "I think the Irish people are a little bit bored with my sexuality".

If Sen. Norris is successful he will become Ireland's first openly gay head of state.

What do you think?

GL
    If the choice is Bertie or some other corrupt party hack I would prefer to see Norris - I have no problem with him being gay - not an issue.

Reviews

would have been a fan of senator norris but i thought he was very indecisive in his stance on the 'Cathal O'Searcaigh - Nepalese young fellas' when to me and most people ,the Donegal poet was abusing his economic advantage to seduce 17 year old males in return for education classes .Norris spun it as an anti-homophobic attack and didn't seem to condemn it as clearly as he should have.Not good enough from the senator.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

why not, looks like the best guy/gal running, he will get my vote
    taking a break, but not gone

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    would have been a fan of senator norris but i thought he was very indecisive in his stance on the 'Cathal O'Searcaigh - Nepalese young fellas' when to me and most people ,the Donegal poet was abusing his economic advantage to seduce 17 year old males in return for education classes .Norris spun it as an anti-homophobic attack and didn't seem to condemn it as clearly as he should have.Not good enough from the senator.
    A politician who defends others (high profile people) blindly?

GL

I hope with all my heart he gets it!!! He's a great man xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast