Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocking!!!

Blog Entries

Default Shocking!!!

Has anyone heard about a bomb in local area Belfast??!

This is shocking news
    I hope nobody got hurt
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ana massage For This Useful Post:

casman (04-03-16), Rafaella25 (07-03-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (04-03-16), The D Man (07-03-16), willie wacker (04-03-16)

Reviews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to casman For This Useful Post:

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by casman View Post

Police sealed off a wide area after the blast
    A serving prison officer has been injured after an explosive device detonated under the van he was driving in Belfast.

The 52-year-old is in a stable condition in hospital.

The explosion happened in the Hillsborough Drive area off the Woodstock Road in the east of the city just after 7am.

It is understood the officer was driving to work when the device detonated.

Detectives are examining whether the bomb dislodged from the vehicle as it was going over a speed bump, thus lessening the impact of the blast.

The Woodstock Road is a predominantly unionist/loyalist area.

Assistant Chief Constable Stephen Martin said the prison officer had been in the prison service for 28 years and is married with grown up daughters.

He said the people who planned this wanted to killed a prison officer.

He added: "We could have been facing an absolutely tragic set of circumstances today".

Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers said: "I utterly condemn this vicious attack on a prison officer in east Belfast.

"Like all his colleagues in the prison service, this officer serves the whole of the community, in stark contrast to the people who carried out this appalling and violent crime.

"I strongly urge anyone with information about this murder attempt to contact the police to help bring those responsible to justice."

Stormont First Minister Arlene Foster also condemned the incident, describing it as disgraceful and despicable.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Charlie Flanagan said he was "deeply concerned to learn of the bomb attack."

He added: "This callous and cowardly incident must be utterly condemned.

"Not only was it targeted on an individual public servant, it represented a futile attack on the entire community which is determined to achieve a peaceful and reconciled society in Northern Ireland."

NI Prison Service director general Sue McAllister said: "My thoughts are with the officer and his family. This was a despicable act and an attack on us all.

"This officer serves the entire community and whoever was behind this has nothing to offer anyone in Northern Ireland.

"Today we stand side by side together, united as a Service. We will continue to do our jobs, and to serve the whole of Northern Ireland."

A large cordon has been put up around the scene with several streets closed off and part of a twisted bumper can be seen lying at the side of the road.

East Belfast Assembly member Chris Lyttle of the Alliance Party said he was outraged, describing the attack as a "sickening echo of the past".

"I am shocked and sickened someone has attempted to take the life of this man," he said.

"It is difficult to put into words the contempt every right-thinking member of society will have for those behind this attack.

"The people responsible offer nothing except death, injury and disruption.

"Those trying to return Northern Ireland to a climate of fear will not be allowed to win."

A number of houses in Hillsborough Drive have been evacuated and an emergency centre has been opened at the Salvation Army on the Cregagh Road.

The attack is the latest incident involving prison officers, police or security forces in Northern Ireland.

In 2012, prison officer David Black was shot dead by dissident republicans on the M1 motorway in Co Armagh as he drove to work at Maghaberry high security jail.

In 2011, 25-year-old policeman Ronan Kerr was killed by an under-car booby trap bomb in Omagh.

Two years earlier, two British soldiers and a policeman were murdered in separate attacks within 48 hours of each other.

In March 2009, the Real IRA claimed responsibility for gunning down Sappers Patrick Azimkar and Mark Quinsey outside Army barracks in Antrim.

Two days later the Continuity IRA said they shot dead PC Stephen Carroll as he attended a 999 call in Craigavon, Co Armagh.

TOP STORIES

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenaliGirl For This Useful Post:

ana massage (04-03-16), Sexy Sandy 69 (04-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ana massage View Post
    Has anyone heard about a bomb in local area Belfast??!

This is shocking news
    I hope nobody got hurt
    The prison officer in question has gone under surgery just stated in the news now
    This was very common in Ireland over 10 years ago

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

ana massage (04-03-16), casman (04-03-16)

9. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    The prison officer in question has gone under surgery just stated in the news now
    This was very common in Ireland over 10 years ago
    Send me Maps please ? X

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliGirl View Post
    Send me Maps please ? X
    How???
    Can,t here

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Stay safe on your current tour in Belfast - Hope you make it safely to Dublin

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

ana massage (04-03-16)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    How???
    Can,t here
    Sent you email !! X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DenaliGirl For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (04-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DenaliGirl View Post
    Sent you email !! X