Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile broadband.............

Blog Entries

Default Mobile broadband.............

Anybody have any thoughts on the best mobile broadband provider.........

Price, speed, coverage etc..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default depends

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Anybody have any thoughts on the best mobile broadband provider.........

Price, speed, coverage etc..............
    Depnds on where u are located really i think as regards speed and coverage etc
    Ithink if u go to any of the phone shops they have maps and they can bring up the range and location of the masts
    show blackspots etc
    Last edited by ber; 16-06-09 at 21:17. Reason: to add something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Depnds on where u are located really i think as regards speed and coverage etc
    Mostly around Dublin, but I still hear mixed reports about providers..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default coverage

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Mostly around Dublin, but I still hear mixed reports about providers..........
    seems that alot can depend on traffic at times some providers are better than more and visa versa

If you check the main providers ,they all coverage maps so you can see exactly what would be bad locations . I myselvf find o2 excellent.

6. Default

here im in limerick, im using 3g and its the worst crap ive come across, slow, bad reception and i dont know anyone who has anything good to say about it. i think the new one from meteor is supposed to be good but ive no idea of prices

Reviews

Meteor is only available in dublin and cork at the minute (mobile broadband that is ) and it's from 2 euro a day pay as you go or 16euro monthly on bills , been thinkin of gettin it myself but been thinkin a lot lately !
    I have no signature at the moment

Blog Entries
    Reviews

meteror, hummmmmmm, slow as hell, and costs in reality about 80 euros a month avoid like it, problem with the mobile conection is speed, 3g, meteror and now eircom is the speed, takes for ever to pull up a page also, can not load a photo , to give an example got a new computer,tried to load free AVG 8.5 normal on a line connection takes 10/20 minutes max, on the stick 17.50 hours to load??????????????????

Reviews

All mobile phone providers continue to give priority on their networks to mobile phone calls and texts. That's why at certain times of day (usually the evening) you get bumped offline or else you get serious slowdown.

Mobile phone companies are right up there with the banks for pure cuntery.

Reviews

Pick the dearest one that will be the one with the least users and that is what makes mobile braodband usuable.

O2 is fairly good

3 is muck as is meteor

Using Vodafone myself at the minute its ok now at 2am during the day it is terrible.

But you take a chance with any of them because none of them can control how many users will be connected to a particular mast and all sharing the same limited bandwidth.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast