Thread: An Extraordinary Woman

Reviews

Default An Extraordinary Woman

Last edited by zoozoozoo; 12-09-14 at 14:08.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

jamieboyo (12-09-14), Naughtynatalie (12-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zoozoozoo View Post
    Aye,

A remarkable Irishwoman.
    All prompted by a dream she had about the Vietnam war.

Looking forward to seeing the new movie to hopefully learn something more about this remarkable woman.

And lead role played in the film by Deirdre O'Kane......one of my favourite comedians!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamieboyo For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (12-09-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboyo View Post
    Aye,

A remarkable Irishwoman.
    All prompted by a dream she had about the Vietnam war.

Looking forward to seeing the new movie to hopefully learn something more about this remarkable woman.

And lead role played in the film by Deirdre O'Kane......one of my favourite comedians!

Read her books I read Bridge Across my Sorrows in Cork about 9 years ago, read it in one day & night & immediately the next day applied to sponsor one of her kids & have done ever since. Adding a few more sponsorships over the years.

She truely is remarkable & deserves many more accolades than she has. It's extremely interesting to read how the Catholic Church treated her when she was setting up the foundation & asked for help! I can't wait to see how that is covered in the film! X
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 12-09-14 at 14:29.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

cls95 (12-09-14), jamieboyo (12-09-14), willieh (12-09-14), zoozoozoo (12-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Read her books I read Bridge Across my Sorrows in Cork about 9 years ago, read it in one day & night & immediately the next day applied to sponsor one of her kids & have done ever since. Adding a few more sponsorships over the years.

She truely is remarkable & deserves many more accolades than she has. It's extremely interesting to read how the Catholic Church treated her when she was setting up the foundation & asked for help! I can't wait to see how that is covered in the film! X
    I read that book as well a good few years ago.

She had a very tough upbringing, been destitute on the streets of Dublin for a few years.
    She was raped as well if I remember correctly!

A living saint I think!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jamieboyo For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (12-09-14)

Reviews

that woman is stronger than steel
    I first heard of her on the jerry ryan show years ago
    amazing woman
    hope she has a happy life now

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post

I am truly moved by your reply Natalie and will read this book and find out more about what certainly appears to be a remarkable woman. All I can say is "well done you"