Thread: Should Ireland increase

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Should Ireland increase

It's corporate tax rate?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    It's corporate tax rate?
    It could start by enforcing the 12.5% tax rate it officially has at the moment!
    Ride them on the beaches!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

casman (08-11-15)

Reviews

It's corporate tax rate?
    Yes it should to be fair but it won,t.
    And thb if I had chance to to it I would not.
    With all these businesses here they generate large amounts of tax for the government by paye/vat
    Without these Corporation this country would be fucked so I say we have to leave the Status Quo as it is

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

casman (08-11-15), lildick (08-11-15), Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

As above post.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

It's corporate tax rate?
    It has benefited Ireland with its low tax, but new rules are on the way ? so stick with what we have at the moment and wait and see what happens

Blog Entries
    Reviews

They'll probably have no choice because tax harmonisation will probably be introduced. The real question is will they anticipate changes and take measures to offset or take advantage of any changes. But foresight isn't a strong point of governments is it? The corporations have gotten away with too much for too long anyway.

Reviews

A better solution would be to reduce it to Zero, but with the stipulation that any company that wants to avail of that rate must employ greater than say 500/600 employees in the country.

Then... just watch major multinational company after major multinational company flock in to set up here.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15), willie wacker (08-11-15)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot7 View Post
    A better solution would be to reduce it to Zero, but with the stipulation that any company that wants to avail of that rate must employ greater than say 500/600 employees in the country.

Then... just watch major multinational company after major multinational company flock in to set up here.

You think it's a good idea that the burden of corporate taxes should be transferred to the working class? Because that's what would happen in that scenario.
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 08-11-15 at 18:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Prickly (08-11-15)

Reviews

If ee can keep it at the current rate, it will be an achievement in itself.
    There is and will be major pressure from Europe to increase/harmonise it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    You think it's a good idea that the burden of corporate taxes should be transferred to the working class? Because that's what would happen in that scenario.
    I'll be honest, I've no interest in an argument or a back and forth given I had one with a friend over the weekend. I'll just say this:

I'm of the opinion that government spending and subsequently taxes should be much lower than they are currently. It's a libertarian viewpoint. We all here more than most see the dire consequences of giving the wrong people too much power - Fitzgerald and her ridiculous imminent Sexual Offenses "Law" despite massive evidence to the contrary and opposition against it being an example.

Anyway more on topic... I don't see why you have to tax a company's profits too. You already tax their employees on their income before they even get it into their hands, then when they spend that income no matter what on, they're taxed again. Then when the company makes any transactions on behalf of their running costs to produce whatever product/service they sell they're taxed again. Then when that product/service is actually sold to the end customer, tax takes up a chunk of the fee again. Then their shareholders are taxed whenever they make a share related transaction.

Taken all together, that's a lot of tax, a significant chunk of the companies turnover. Why does one have to tax their profits aswell? We'd do well to attract multinationals here rather than scare them away. Let's be honest - they were never here for any other reason than the corporate tax scheme, and not the 12.5% rate but rather the ways to circumvent it ie. the infamous "Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich".
    Last edited by Zealot7; 08-11-15 at 18:52. Reason: Grammerz..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zealot7 For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (08-11-15), The dirt bird (08-11-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast