View Poll Results: Do you think chat room chat should be kept in the chatroom??

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Please take steps Patricia to achieve this.

7 100.00%
  • No, Patri C.I.A leave it as it is..

0 0%

Thread: Chat Room Converstations!!

Reviews

Lightbulb Chat Room Converstations!!

Whatever about posting your views on the open boards I and others i'm sure think that both PM's and converstions had in the chat room are not intended to be viewed outside those 2 medians.
    Now I know we can do little about posting pm's but we can campaign for the Save button to be removed and right click, copy and paste disabled from within the chat room.
    Anyone else agree???

Ooops.. I forgot to give credit to those who gave me the inspiration behind this thread so thanks Carlos and Epsilon
    Last edited by anon361; 16-10-08 at 17:34. Reason: Plagiarism rules!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    Whatever about posting your views on the open boards I and others i'm sure think that both PM's and converstions had in the chat room are not intended to be viewed outside those 2 medians.
    Now I know we can do little about posting pm's but we can campaign for the Save button to be removed and right click, copy and paste disabled from within the chat room.
    Anyone else agree???
    I agree brother anon.

Reviews

Default chat room

Are you guys saying that pm messages in the chat room are not private and someone can hack into them,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    Are you guys saying that pm messages in the chat room are not private and someone can hack into them,
    Pm's are private but anyone can copy and paste the text from within both pm's and the chat room and then paste it here for all to read!!

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by RodeoMan View Post
    any info posted anywhere on the site can be viewed by any of the site administrators.All chat logs can be checked as can pms,as can pms in chat.Even anyones boss at work can checks the pc logs and see where and what was viewed.Thats a fact guys even if the history and tempy files are removed.The logs can still be checked ,fairly easy by someon who knows what he or her is doing.So if your viewing at work and the boss knows his stuff all he has to do is check the pc in the right spot.

in the world of the net we are not as anonymous as we think ,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    Pm's are private but anyone can copy and paste the text from within both pm's and the chat room and then paste it here for all to read!!
    Cool, that Nedrix didn't be clever enough for that....

Blog Entries

For everyone's information. We don't log chat. There is an option we could switch on to start logging chat if we wanted to I think, but we don't currently do so, and have no plans to start.

There is too much big brother in this world today in my opinion... I'm not going to add to it by keeping some record of all the chat that goes on here.

So chat away, you are not being logged by us (If you have something on your own computer or network that logs everything you do that's a different issue and not ours).

Regards people copying and pasting individual conversations they are a part of from the chat screen . It is rare that people do that and post it here, but we can't stop them doing that (well certainly not with our current chat software).

If you really want a private chat, why not only talk to the people you want to and trust in a private room?

In principle I agree that chat is chat and chat conversations shouldn't be copied and pasted and posted here.

However I think there are occassions when people want to complain about something that is going on in chat and it is fair enough for them to copy the text from the chat screen and email us or post it here. For example if someone is being abused in chat, I don't have a problem with them copying and pasting that abusive text here so the issue can be addressed.

Pat x