PDA

View Full Version : Secret Millionaire - Matthew Newbury

Curvaceous Kate
21-05-12, 20:40
Absolutely brilliant! I'm not sure if you are all able to see this, but it's well worth a watch. A really positive view of disability and loving his reg plates!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-millionaire/video/series-15/episode-1/matthew-newbury

very shy guy
21-05-12, 21:42
Absolutely brilliant! I'm not sure if you are all able to see this, but it's well worth a watch. A really positive view of disability and loving his reg plates!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-millionaire/video/series-15/episode-1/matthew-newbury

One thing I noticed from disabled people is their attitude,where we would see obstacles,they see a challenge to be over come,and they do not want to be pitied,most are very strong characters,having come very close to being in a wheelchair for life myself I do not think that I would be of the same outlook on life,then I am a miserable sod to begin with,for those with a little spare time,drop in on some of the meetings of the so called handicapped,it will open your eyes,people painting with impaired vision and sometimes their feet,what I would not give to be able to paint like them.

JohnRambo
21-05-12, 22:17
One thing I noticed from disabled people is their attitude,where we would see obstacles,they see a challenge to be over come,and they do not want to be pitied,most are very strong characters,having come very close to being in a wheelchair for life myself I do not think that I would be of the same outlook on life,then I am a miserable sod to begin with,for those with a little spare time,drop in on some of the meetings of the so called handicapped,it will open your eyes,people painting with impaired vision and sometimes their feet,what I would not give to be able to paint like them.

Honestly mate you only think that but the way I see it is as simple as this, you have two simple choices, you can accept your situation and decide you’re going to make the best out of what you have or you can go the other way which is to wallow in self-pity, wallowing in self-pity will only make things a thousand times worse. Really VSG until and if you ever find yourself in that situation one day (which I hope you never do) you really can not say which way you’d go.

As for the show itself I thought it was excellent, I understood and could relate to a lot of what Mathew said, thanks Kate for posting as I didn’t know it was on. ;)

very shy guy
21-05-12, 22:33
Honestly mate you only think that but the way I see it is as simple as this, you have two simple choices, you can accept your situation and decide you’re going to make the best out of what you have or you can go the other way which is to wallow in self-pity, wallowing in self-pity will only make things a thousand times worse. Really VSG until and if you ever find yourself in that situation one day (which I hope you never do) you really can not say which way you’d go.

As for the show itself I thought it was excellent, I understood and could relate to a lot of what Mathew said, thanks Kate for posting as I didn’t know it was on. ;)

Yes it is a great show John and well done to Kate for posting it,you are right John about making the best of it,sound advice for each and everyone of us from whatever walk of life we are in,I meant what I said about very nearly being in a wheelchair,luckly it was not a coffin,might still need a wheelchair one one day as everything is not right ,however I am one lucky sod to be able to walk around,sadly my running days are over so no more kiss and chase,lol,but to those that have been labeled as disabled I have to say never a braver bunch have I met,and do those in power make it hard for them,the planning officers in some co.councills should be ashamed.You know how we all grumble here ? and think that at times we are bad off?,go in to the kids hospital,yes you know the one for the cancer etc patients,not so bad off now are we?.