PDA

View Full Version : Interesting opportunity for "work in the media" (whatever about the sex)

LaBelleThatcher
25-03-12, 04:03
This post may be a little bit too mischievous for management, and, if so, I understand, but it *IS* irresistable...so I am powerless to prevent myself...

http://www.activelink.ie/node/8541

Anybody up for an internship?

I'm far too old, and besides, the machete would be bound to put them off.

;)

(I would LOVE to know how much the "lunch allowance and expenses" amount to!)

saoirsemac
25-03-12, 04:13
i love to apply for it, and funny enu id have the quilfications too,

imagine if they found out they had a hooker in there mist. like one of the troublesome indie ones who go against there agenda

but i nominate lucy! she be awesome

Banjaxed
25-03-12, 06:38
I like the sound of this "lunch allowance" you speak of! Might get a free set of rosary beads too, they'd come in useful as a replacement for those handcuffs, eh Eileen :P

Sounds like they want an apprentice Goebels to manage their propaganda machine. They certainly need one, the crude they emit at present is pretty facepalm worthy.

Curvaceous Kate
25-03-12, 08:14
This post may be a little bit too mischievous for management, and, if so, I understand, but it *IS* irresistable...so I am powerless to prevent myself...

;)

Oh I don't know, I reckon you are more than qualified.

Person specification:
• An outgoing personality and positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both written and personal
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize various tasks
• Must have proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages, specifically proficiency in mail-merging using Microsoft Word
• Previous experience of Mailchimp, CiviCRM software and Facebook/Twitter social media websites will be an advantage
• A strong interest in the area of development, social justice & human rights.

Not sure about CiviCRM? Otherwise?

LaBelleThatcher
25-03-12, 12:07
Nah, "mail merge" always defeated me...and "civiCRM"...too right WTF is THAT???

If I thought I could keep up the right deception (and the temper) for long enough I would be in there like a shot

You *would* wonder why they were not reserving this internship for one of their rescued women, wouldn't you? To help them get a *real* job later...or, of course, why none of their "rescued" women would want it?

(Blimey...CiviCRM is NGO donation hustling open source software http://www.civicrm.org/ - for some reason I find this absolutely creepy)

Also, can't help wondering what the new fundraising advertising campaign will be about? ...and how much public money they will spend on it. Not a lot of people realise, but many big fundraisers only just break even, they are more of a "prestige thing".

ksteve
25-03-12, 12:50
I like the sound of this "lunch allowance" you speak of! Might get a free set of rosary beads too, they'd come in useful as a replacement for those handcuffs, eh Eileen :P

Yes, anything to do with lunch would make me very suspicious. They probably mean something quite different.!:yikes:

Morpheus
25-03-12, 21:51

;)

Ah yes!!! My dream job! Finally!!!:)

Time for a career change so. I can't think of anything job better than working for the CEO of Ruhamma. I am sure free dominatrix treatment is included in the perks!;)

Jack in the Box
26-03-12, 14:16
The biggest qualification for the candidate they are probably looking for is an ability not to think for themselves and to just follow orders from a nobody.

LaBelleThatcher
26-03-12, 16:37
The biggest qualification for the candidate they are probably looking for is an ability not to think for themselves and to just follow orders from a nobody.

NEVER make that mistake Jack...the one where you underestimate the adversary. That is the mistake Sarah kept making with me (like she would break a sweat "handling" an ex hooker..,or a stray poodle :rolleyes:)...but I am older and wiser, I know that being older and wiser is the only "edge" I have with her...oh and a silly trivial "being on the side of the angels" thing nobody pays much attention to. ;)

Sarah Benson is the type that wouldn't mind a shot at the presidency in a few years, but she is a slow learner...rescuing sex workers doesn't get anyone anywhere except into immigration...and immigration is *SO* 2007...:rolleyes:

See that on the top left hand?

http://www.ruhama.ie/

THAT shows a lot less class than standing on the corner of Benburb Street flashing your drawers...and these people are the same species as me...
:o:o:o

Banjaxed
26-03-12, 20:12
Sarah Benson is the type that wouldn't mind a shot at the presidency in a few years, but she is a slow learner...rescuing sex workers doesn't get anyone anywhere except into immigration...and immigration is *SO* 2007...:rolleyes:

At least we'd know for sure who would be responsible for any "tweetgate" on that occasion

Jack in the Box
29-03-12, 16:02
LaBelleThatcher,

What you are saying is very true. I meant a nobody in terms of general popularity rather than in terms of career ambition in "rescue" industry circles. She wouldn't exactly be like the captain of a winning sports team bringing the cup home. It mightn't have been the most apt choice of word.