PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cell Trials may spell the end for Multiple Sclerosis

MrNiceGuy2010
03-09-11, 05:13
I will be attending a information day later on how steam cells can treat M.S and in some cases reverse damage caused by the underlying disease.I hope 2 know more about it by the end of the day and one of the question's i will be asking is "Has the steam cell reseach started in u.k or ireland and if not why",considering we have the highest rate of m.s suffers in the whole of the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/miriam/2011/08/30/stem-cell-trials-may-spell-the-end-for-ms-115875-23381723/

Doozer
03-09-11, 10:38
Ireland isn't part of the uk
Secondly I'm not 100% sure stem cell practice is legal yet in ireland . Catholic church is still condeming it.

For medical reasons its a fantastic practice but ethicaly its dubious

Again I don't have full facts of recent developments in stem cell research but it involves the cells of feotuses. Basically the harvesting of human parts, with no intention of keeping alive the human foetus

It all seems to come down to when we consider life to begin

MrNiceGuy2010
03-09-11, 14:41
Ireland isn't part of the uk
Secondly I'm not 100% sure stem cell practice is legal yet in ireland . Catholic church is still condeming it.

For medical reasons its a fantastic practice but ethicaly its dubious

Again I don't have full facts of recent developments in stem cell research but it involves the cells of feotuses. Basically the harvesting of human parts, with no intention of keeping alive the human foetus

It all seems to come down to when we consider life to begin

I never said ireland was part of the u.k,and 2nd i could not give a flying fuck if it is or not.as for its practice being ethicaly dubious i would rather see money spent on a cure rather then some over priced drug created to treat and prolong the condition.as far as harvesting human parts and creating foetus to remove the cells,yes this can be done but steam cells can also be taken from a living body and replaced elsewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and have a good weekend.
:)

JohnRambo
03-09-11, 18:40
I really hope steam cells regeneration will once and for all cure all spinal cord injured people. It would be one of man’s greatest medical accomplishments.

Wildthang
03-09-11, 18:52
Stem cell treatment in China is years ahead of the rest of the world !

muddytyres
03-09-11, 19:34
Mrniceguy2011,

I have attended a few seminars relating to stem cell research, hosted by leading Irish geneticists and other european experts. I, for one, would be interested to read about your findings. Now, I must apologise for the post from Doozer. He displayed a mind-bending level of ignorance in his post. His lack of knowledge of "the full facts" didn't stop him from enlighting us all with his antiquated understandings.

Doozer, surely you've heard of the mothers who successfully requested stem cells to be harvested from the umbilical cord of their new born children.

Cheers

MrNiceGuy2010
03-09-11, 20:13
Mrniceguy2011,

I have attended a few seminars relating to stem cell research, hosted by leading Irish geneticists and other european experts. I, for one, would be interested to read about your findings. Now, I must apologise for the post from Doozer. He displayed a mind-bending level of ignorance in his post. His lack of knowledge of "the full facts" didn't stop him from enlighting us all with his antiquated understandings.

Doozer, surely you've heard of the mothers who successfully requested stem cells to be harvested from the umbilical cord of their new born children.

Cheers

Thanks pal for taking the time to read and comment,don't worry about Dozzer "The Ultra Mod" post cause i dont.he must be ultra mad about ultra irleand.lol
:)

royaler
03-09-11, 20:27
Thanks for starting an interesting thread such as this MNG ....... I have very little knowledge about stem cell research ........ but if a cure for MS, or any other diseases for that matter, is the result of the research and experiments, then I am all for it!!

MrNiceGuy2010
03-09-11, 21:43
Thanks for starting an interesting thread such as this MNG ....... I have very little knowledge about stem cell research ........ but if a cure for MS, or any other diseases for that matter, is the result of the research and experiments, then I am all for it!!

thanks man for taking the time to read and comment.hope u r having a great weekend :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRtlkcQ6brE:D