PDA

View Full Version : Devotees, anyone ever heard of them?

JohnRambo
02-11-10, 17:18
I don’t know if anyone here has very heard of the term ‘Devotee’ or not or even what it means.

I on the other hand came across Devotee's is a couple of years back and have done a lot of research on it and I’ve talked to a lot of people (both male and female) and even now I find it difficult getting my head around it, here’s a quick explanation on what it is:-

"Devotees are people who have a fetish or intense sexual interest or desire for someone living with a disability. Most commonly devotees are men who are attracted to women with amputations, but there are also people who fetishize other aspects of living with a mobility disability like wheelchairs, leg braces, etc… and devotees can be men or women."

So what you guys think of this, are these people sick, freaks, what? What’s your opinions of Devotees?

Doozer
02-11-10, 17:21
Was it male or female taht was interested in you John.?
Honestly I had never hear of them untill now. A bit weird but each to their own

JohnRambo
02-11-10, 17:32
When I first came across Devotees I thought this was kinda cool, but the more I read about it and then talking to a few people I soon found there can be a darker side to it.

Most Devotees will never actually go actively looking for a disabled person most of the time it remains just a fantasy.

Like I said although at first glance it seems harmless enough some Devotee’s will confess to having more darker sinister thoughts.

Some fantasizes about humiliating and domineering a disabled person, this I found very disturbing.

A lot of disabled people themselves are disgusted with the whole idea or Devotee’s, some disabled people will argue that its wrong to go out and just be looking for the physical aspect of a person with a disability instead of trying to go out and get to know the whole person.

Rayden
02-11-10, 17:39
Crash (1996 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(1996_film))

Anybody ever see this film. Its quite fucked. Stars James Spader.:)

JohnRambo
02-11-10, 17:41
Crash (1996 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(1996_film))

Anybody ever see this film. Its quite fucked. Stars James Spader.:)

That’s a pretty good example there Rayden, weird movie as you’ve rightly said. :)

magicalman9357
02-11-10, 18:09
Never ever heard of that term before and not sure what to think at all. I do find it very difficult to understand how anyone can have a sexual interest because of those factors alone. Need to do a lot more thinking about that one but a very interesting topic.

scotus
02-11-10, 18:50
Sounds a bit weird alright, but I don't think it fundamentally differs from any other fetish insofar as there is no rational basis behind it.

Rather, it is all bound up with early sexual experiences.

carlos marvado
02-11-10, 20:04
Here's another movie which seems to touch on the darker aspects of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_(film)

I also think it's strange to be attracted to somebody purely on the basis that they have some form of disability or other. It's as if you need to find somebody who will be totally dependant on you in order to make you feel good about yourself or so you can be in control in some shape or form. I would have to question the mentality or maturity of somebody who would judge another person on purely a single aspect of their being.

ThomasJ
04-11-10, 10:06
On the weird side - had never heard of the term before - the things you pick up from this site are often out there and this one ranks with the wierdest - not my thing but who am I to judge.

El Gordo
04-11-10, 10:22
There is a weirder group of people out there, fortunately a very small group, who want to become disabled. They actually try to have accidents to lose a limb, for example. Not surprisingly they often die in the attempt. I had trouble believing it when I first read about the phenomenon.

Lace
06-11-10, 21:01
haha sounds awesome, gota find me a devotee girl :D lol

podgegun
09-11-10, 15:03
gotta say when i first read about this a while back, i reacted like lace... FINALLY some women who find attractive what most find repulsive about me. It is still exciting for me. I have spoken to a few women who are devotees of disabled men. They seem perfectly lovely they have this kink. I've not met them as they are across the atlantic but would actually like to meet one of them.

Pretenders and wannabes are worrying. They are frightening as well. If they are desperate to disable themselves what would they do to me!

JohnRambo
09-11-10, 16:13
gotta say when i first read about this a while back, i reacted like lace... FINALLY some women who find attractive what most find repulsive about me. It is still exciting for me. I have spoken to a few women who are devotees of disabled men. They seem perfectly lovely they have this kink. I've not met them as they are across the atlantic but would actually like to meet one of them.

Pretenders and wannabes are worrying. They are frightening as well. If they are desperate to disable themselves what would they do to me!

Personally speaking I’m not a big fan of it. does a Devotee just see you as a sexual object that will fulfil their fetish desires for a shout while or will they want to get to know you the real you and get involved in a long term serious relationship?

JohnRambo
09-11-10, 16:32
There is a weirder group of people out there, fortunately a very small group, who want to become disabled. They actually try to have accidents to lose a limb, for example. Not surprisingly they often die in the attempt. I had trouble believing it when I first read about the phenomenon.

This “condition” is called Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

It’s a psychological disorder were the suffer believes their body is too complete that they should have been born with a limb or two missing.

Some suffers will go to extreme lengths to try and convince the medical community to surgically remove the limbs they believe they shouldn’t have. Some will have years of professional assessment in an attempt to convince the medical community to remove the limbs they don’t want, some will attempt to remove the limbs themselves if the doctors won’t. I’ve seen some that have blasted off their limbs with shotguns and some have even laid down on railway tracks with this arm or leg on the line waiting for a train to run over it.

Crazy stuff nevertheless

pablo_23
09-11-10, 17:24
I could say I am feet devotee but somehow I dont like how this word sounds, like something negative. And yes I heard this word before just dont like and dont use it

JohnRambo
09-11-10, 17:28
I could say I am feet devotee but somehow I dont like how this word sounds, like something negative. And yes I heard this word before just dont like and dont use it

I don’t think you could say you are any kind of Devotee pablo you just seem to have a simple straight forward foot fetish.

Lace
09-11-10, 21:42
gotta say when i first read about this a while back, i reacted like lace... FINALLY some women who find attractive what most find repulsive about me.

totally agree with u mate, lol

podgegun
23-11-10, 15:52
Thanks lace.

I know what you mean JR. Do they see me or just the chair? (though right now I couldn't care a less)

I have spoken to one devotee who married a disabled guy. I think for some devotees the chair is an initial attraction. I like women with big breasts so does that mean I'm a devotee of women with implants? Do I just see them as a way of getting my jollies? It's just an intial attraction.

There are freaks though, exceptions to this, and exceptional freaks...
P

deadboysdontlie
03-04-11, 15:37
i found myself attracted to a guy i was friends with a few years back, only for he was married to another friend of mine id have acted on it, he had a leg amputated and i must say i was fascinated by it, he was also handsome, educated and articulate so it wasnt just my fascination with amputation that was the driving force, although i havent had any sexual interest in any other amputee ive met so i wouldnt say im a devotee.

JohnRambo
04-04-11, 00:34
i found myself attracted to a guy i was friends with a few years back, only for he was married to another friend of mine id have acted on it, he had a leg amputated and i must say i was fascinated by it, he was also handsome, educated and articulate so it wasnt just my fascination with amputation that was the driving force, although i havent had any sexual interest in any other amputee ive met so i wouldnt say im a devotee.

Hi DBDL. From my understand of what being a devotee is I wouldn’t say you were a devotee either, I think its just a coincidence that the guy you were attracted to was an amputee.

My understanding of what being a devotee is, the person has been attracted to people with physical disabilities as long as they can remember, its not just something they develop one day out of the blue.

However if you are finding yourself more and more attracted to disabled guys (particular amputees) and you’d like to find out more or do chat with other devotees PM me and I’ll send you on links and forums I know of that are intended for devotees.

Bodkin
04-04-11, 03:03
I don’t know if anyone here has very heard of the term ‘Devotee’ or not or even what it means.

I on the other hand came across Devotee's is a couple of years back and have done a lot of research on it and I’ve talked to a lot of people (both male and female) and even now I find it difficult getting my head around it, here’s a quick explanation on what it is:-

"Devotees are people who have a fetish or intense sexual interest or desire for someone living with a disability. Most commonly devotees are men who are attracted to women with amputations, but there are also people who fetishize other aspects of living with a mobility disability like wheelchairs, leg braces, etc… and devotees can be men or women."

So what you guys think of this, are these people sick, freaks, what? What’s your opinions of Devotees?

So long as it remains a fantasy then it's just a fantasy & the content doesn't matter. Nobody is in any position to cast judgement on anybody else's fantasies.

As for being fascinated with people just because of some physical aspect - that's known as objectification & we here on EI are hardly the right bunch to judge anyone on that.

If you think Dev's are weird check out the whole fat fetish thing Wiki Fat Fetishism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism) - Obesity is ultimately a disability so I guess these fetishes merge or overlap a little.

I recall reading in the back of the Indo (I know, I know) about two gay guys who went to South America so that each could have a (perfectly healthy) leg removed to satisfy some desire. Go figure. All I know is that those who are unfortunate enough to lose a limb or be unable to control their weight rarely find it a turn on.

Sexy_Jessica
14-12-11, 02:02
Yes, this is truth, i know this fetish long time, had even here in IRELAND (!) one client, who asked me to pretend a lady without an leg. I clasped my1 leg with strap and then I just hopped on one leg around.
Though, that this fetish is famous in Austria only as there are girls in Vienna, who work on a wheel chair, one of them does everything, she eat shit, let piss on her , let vomit on her etc, she advertise in austrian websites, but is ugly and old.
Here is an guide for such people: http://www.devguide.org/, sometimes very nice girls there

JohnRambo
15-12-11, 17:33
Yes, this is truth, i know this fetish long time, had even here in IRELAND (!) one client, who asked me to pretend a lady without an leg. I clasped my1 leg with strap and then I just hopped on one leg around.
Though, that this fetish is famous in Austria only as there are girls in Vienna, who work on a wheel chair, one of them does everything, she eat shit, let piss on her , let vomit on her etc, she advertise in austrian websites, but is ugly and old.
Here is an guide for such people: http://www.devguide.org/, sometimes very nice girls there

I’ve done a lot of reading, research and have joined a few message boards and talked to girls who are into this over the past couple of years and even now I still can’t make up my mind on whether or not it’s a good thing, I have very mixed feelings about it all Jessica.

I find it really interesting on a psychological level after talking to girls who are into it.