PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Answers

Gaylord
06-08-10, 10:00
Hey Guy's & Gal's,

That time again. If you have any questions related to this forum, feel free to leave a message.

GL ;)

westcorklad
06-08-10, 11:14
Hey Guy's & Gal's,

This time again. If you have any questions related to this forum, feel free to leave a message.

GL ;)

OK I have a question.
Are people who are openly gay still discriminated against in Irish society?
I dont mean legally or constitutionally but generally in society as a whole if that makes sense.

Doozer
06-08-10, 11:16
OK I have a question.
I dont mean legally or constitutionally but generally in society as a whole if that makes sense.

As in social exclusion or not allowed in a BB together?

westcorklad
06-08-10, 11:18
As in social exclusion or not allowed in a BB together?

Im trying to ask a serious question here Doozer.
Yes social exclusion is what I mean.

Doozer
06-08-10, 11:22

the BB remark is not a funny stament its a serious question
BBs are usually family run business and can discriminate as to who they let use thir services
I heard on the radio a few months ago that an owner of a BB refused to allow a gay couple have a room because she believed homosexuality was a sin

westcorklad
06-08-10, 11:28
OK sorry I thought you were making a joke.
Well BB owners can decide who they want or dont want in their premises but is this attitude still common in
society as a whole is the question Im asking here.

anon361
06-08-10, 11:28
He was speaking about Bed & Breakfast houses..

anon361
06-08-10, 11:34
Is it common for a straight guy to get annoyed by the advances of a Gay Guy, I've often heard lads saying I'd box the head of him or something stupid like that but personally I wouldn't care, enfact I'd be flattered. Is this all talk or do guys genuinely get agressive when approached..

Doozer
06-08-10, 11:36
Is it common for a straight guy to get annoyed by the advances of a Gay Guy, I've often heard lads saying I'd box the head of him or something stupid like that but personally I wouldn't care, enfact I'd be flattered. Is this all talk or do guys genuinely get agressive when approached..

Some do . I have seen it. I have never had a problem with gay lads have even been ask out once - declined.
Especailly when drunl some guys would get aggresive and uncomfortable around gay guys as if they could catch the 'gay gene' off them

anon361
06-08-10, 11:38
Some do . I have seen it. I have never had a problem with gay lads have even been ask out once - declined.
Especailly when drunl some guys would get aggresive and uncomfortable around gay guys as if they could catch the 'gay gene' off them
I often wonder why they get thick, I don't think it's because a gay guy asked them out, it's the fact the Gay Guy thinks he's gay and it bruises his ego..

Doozer
06-08-10, 11:41
I often wonder why they get thick, I don't think it's because a gay guy asked them out, it's the fact the Gay Guy thinks he's gay and it bruises his ego..

Its just for teh unmerciful slagging he will get off his mates if it gets out and so will try to porve his masculinity by engaging in aggressive (hence heterosexual) behaviour

westcorklad
06-08-10, 11:43

It happened to me once many years ago at a club (not a gay one).
I told him to Fuck Off and not to come near me again.
Other than that I have had no other experiences

westcorklad
06-08-10, 12:46

Just to add I have no prejudice against gay people but I was young and had a lot of drink taken at the time.

vampirejackie
06-08-10, 12:53
Really good book I am reading at the moment...

The Red in the Rainbow, Hannah Dee’s new book on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) struggle, comes at an important time.

wanted the best 69
06-08-10, 17:50

i have come to believe in a high number of cases the nerve they it is,that alot of the agro heads may have gay tendices, and use the head busting thing as a cover

northernwaster
06-08-10, 18:12
I've a question...

Why has the mod not got a review under his belt yet? :D

wanted the best 69
06-08-10, 18:19
maybe he dosn`t kiss and tell;):D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Gaylord
07-08-10, 05:52
OK I have a question.

By homophobic individuals who are probably hiding there own sexuality by lashing out at the reflection of themselves they don't like. YES!

GL

Gaylord
07-08-10, 05:54

It's annoying when people make advance when they know that you are not sexually attracted to them, as a gay guy I hate it when straight women say "what a waste" when they find out you are gay.

It is NOT flattering!

GL

Gaylord
07-08-10, 05:57

Was he being persistent?

GL

Gaylord
07-08-10, 06:00
I've a question...

Why has the mod not got a review under his belt yet? :D

Why would I need a review under my belt NW?

GL :)

Gaylord
07-08-10, 06:03

That's exactly right Wanted, I don't kiss & tell...

GL ;)

northernwaster
07-08-10, 10:34

looks like it

Gaylord
07-08-10, 16:16
looks like it

I prefer to go for the 'Post's' accolade NW;)

I see you have 1 review under your skirt, Oops! belt :)

GL

punterminator
07-08-10, 16:23
I have quite a few openly gay buddies and they don't find any problems really. Great bunch of lads too - if you ever want to feel good about yourself go for a boogie in a gay club. You get chatted up left right and centre.

What I do hate is guys who are overly camp though, in your face gay. I hate it almost as much as I hate guys who are overly heterosexual, in your face straight.

luther
07-08-10, 16:30
What I do hate is guys who are overly camp though, in your face gay. I hate it almost as much as I hate guys who are overly heterosexual, in your face straight.

Like Louis???

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/dynamic_images/radio1_600x600/www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2010/3/22/77989_fullsize.jpg

punterminator
07-08-10, 16:33
Like Louis???Now there's a face in dire need of a smack.

wanted the best 69
07-08-10, 18:57
at this point. gaylord i feel a new topic coming on

Doozer
07-08-10, 21:06
I have quite a few openly gay buddies and they don't find any problems really. Great bunch of lads too - if you ever want to feel good about yourself go for a boogie in a gay club. You get chatted up left right and centre.

I agree I have been to a few and they were a right laugh
However they seemed to be very stereotyped musically show tunes and YMCA etc but had a great laugh all the same
Was brought in by my lesbian friend and I must admit I had fun

punterminator
07-08-10, 21:20
However they seemed to be very stereotypedMost of the ones in Cork just play the worst of synthetic processed handbag house. As a house dj since the 80's it offends my ears...

Doozer
07-08-10, 21:23
I would have to agree.
Also I have noticed you get free condoms and lube in most gay bars too
Very handy

punterminator
07-08-10, 21:28
Hehe yeah, and little sachets of lube..
Classy!

Gaylord
12-08-10, 21:17
at this point. gaylord i feel a new topic coming on