PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2016 qualifying draw

Pages : [1] 2 3

ocred
23-02-14, 13:24
We got Germany again and there's another trip to Poland on the cards. Also got Scotland, Georgia and newcomers Gibraltar. On a footballing level it's a tough enough group but could have been a lot worse.

Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland

The Libertarian
23-02-14, 13:42
Very tough draw, though there are some good brothels in Germany and Poland, if you are traveling to the away games, Scotland, even Edinburgh's licensed trade seems to be ever diminishing as a punter destination! Georgia may have real trafficking issues and Gibraltar to small, but they play in Faro!
Only group 1 tougher, England get their standard easy as pee group and The North get a relatively good one!
Don't be shocked to see us come 4th!

ocred
23-02-14, 14:00
Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary

Yep that's a nice draw for the north but you wouldn't put it past them beating Finland and dropping points against the Faroes. Come to think of it, you wouldn't put it past us either!

rebelscouse
24-02-14, 00:39
Its a tough draw but if they start the campaign well who knows what will happen but an away game in Scotland will be some piss up after a good game

westcorklad
24-02-14, 18:31
Its a tough draw but if they start the campaign well who knows what will happen but an away game in Scotland will be some piss up after a good game

Ireland are really up against it. Germany will top the group and Poland Scotland and Georgia are all tough opposition. The "dream team" will really face a true test of their managerial abilities and I hope they will come through it. Incidentally the away game against Scotland is likely to be played in Celtic Park as Hampden is unavailable this year,so it will be a return to familiar surroundings for both O Neill and Strachan.

conanthegreat
24-02-14, 18:53
well if they can't finish 3rd they don't deserve to be in the euros or to be playing football :) if there anyway organised they should beat scotland and georgia and take something off poland we nearly always come close to play-offs which will have less stronger teams so 3rd should be possible with extra chances to qualify now they have no excuses

westcorklad
24-02-14, 19:35
well if they can't finish 3rd they don't deserve to be in the euros or to be playing football :) if there anyway organised they should beat scotland and georgia and take something off poland we nearly always come close to play-offs which will have less stronger teams so 3rd should be possible with extra chances to qualify now they have no excuses

Ireland only finished fourth in their World Cup qualifying group which had the same class level as this one has so nothing is cut and dried.It all depends on how O Neill and Keane manage and motivate the players. Scotland are a much stronger team since Strachan took over as their manager and Poland and Georgia will be no pushovers either.

blueberry
24-02-14, 21:48
Tough draw

scotty123
25-02-14, 00:02
ya i agree, we got a good manager, we got heart nd on paper we a better team than the rest beside germany of course,
2nd spot we should get but be close with poland

ocred
25-02-14, 00:27
I can see ourselves Poland and Scotland all taking points off each other and it going right down to the wire. We should have enough about us to finish at least 3rd..... and then balls it up in the playoffs... again!

ocred
07-09-14, 16:30
Apart from a few wobbly moments at the back it's comfortable enough so far

ocred
07-09-14, 16:37
I see Temuri Ketsbaia is Georgia's manager. The only thing I remember from his playing career was that psychotic goal celebration when he was at Newcastle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqCCDh9XT0

ocred
07-09-14, 16:44
3 defenders around him and he still gets a shot away. Not good

Stella
07-09-14, 18:30
Congrats to Northen Ireland as well, who took 3points from the fucking idiot, playing without any clue Hungarian team!!!!

It was the first test of our new manager, and when supporters shout 'he should get the fuck out' says it all :(

ocred
07-09-14, 18:47
Congrats to Northen Ireland as well, who took 3points from the fucking idiot, playing without any clue Hungarian team!!!!

It was the first test of our new manager, and when supporters shout 'he should get the fuck out' says it all :(

Just saw that earlier. I'd be fairly pissed off losing at home to the North as well. As for ourselves, we pulled it out of the bag tonight. We will have tougher games as the campaign goes on and will need to improve. Good to see McGeady finally producing. The move to Everton seems to have been good for him.

ocred
07-09-14, 18:51
Other games in Ireland's group just kicked off. Germany v Scotland and a first competitive game for Gibraltar at home to Poland

WatWatWat
07-09-14, 18:52
After watching the hurling that was painful.

ocred
07-09-14, 18:54

Apart from the winner, that second half would have been painful after watching chess :D

Stella
07-09-14, 18:55

In fairness never ever watched hurling before that was my first time, must say I'm thrilled enjoyed a lot, and 100% agree with you! :)

ocred
07-09-14, 19:26
Scotland made a positive start but that goal seems to have put them back in their box. The way it looks now they will be doing well to keep it down to 2 or 3

ocred
07-09-14, 19:28
On a side note, watching a game in that stadium in Dortmund is on my to do list

ocred
07-09-14, 20:00
Elsewhere, Portugal currently losing at home to Albania :shocked:

ocred
07-09-14, 20:09
Scotland having a right go at ze Germans and it's 1-1 now. That would be some result for them.

ocred
07-09-14, 20:17
Scotland score and now its 1-1 with 22mins left. Can they hold on for a draw? And jst as i write this muller scores again.

Very poor defending from a corner. Strachan will be hopping mad I'd say

ocred
07-09-14, 20:35
Poor Marco Reus gone off injured again.

ocred
07-09-14, 20:39
Other game in our group, Poland win 7-0 in Gibraltar (......well Portugal actually)

naturis
08-09-14, 11:11
Germany win 2-1, but a brave performance from scotland. Albania beat portugal 1-0, that was a surprising result. Zilch wont be happy.

thank fuck a scotland draw would be bad for us , whats with the matches being on a sunday and monday and tuesday ??? they are all over the place and one match and nothing one in october ( the gibralatar game is a training session ) with germany

SmallHorn
08-09-14, 12:30
Gilbraltar to beat Ireland,
You heard it here 1st

The Libertarian
08-09-14, 20:59
Very good victory for the Nordies in Hungary! Hopefully their Loyal fans have come to terms with their sectarian hatred and bigotry! I reckon they will qualify from their group, mind you it's a lot easier than ours! England of course get their traditional piss easy group and their toughest game of all V Switzerland away has just resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Sasanachs!
BTW it was reported on Off The Ball tonight that at one stage much traveled Hodgeson was once offered the Germany job!
Rather famously O'Neill was interviewed for The England job, which McClaren got, apparently O'Neill did a terrible interview!
Rodgers to follow Hodgeson!

TonyStark
09-09-14, 11:56
Very good victory for the Nordies in Hungary! Hopefully their Loyal fans have come to terms with their sectarian hatred and bigotry! I reckon they will qualify from their group, mind you it's a lot easier than ours! England of course get their traditional piss easy group and their toughest game of all V Switzerland away has just resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Sasanachs!
BTW it was reported on Off The Ball tonight that at one stage much traveled Hodgeson was once offered the Germany job!
Rather famously O'Neill was interviewed for The England job, which McClaren got, apparently O'Neill did a terrible interview!

Do explain? Since the "Neil Lennon Incident", we have done everything we can to get rid of this element, maybe one or two wankers in the crowd but Windsor Park is a far more welcoming place than it was 12 years ago when Lennon was issued with a death threat by some numpty who doesn't speak for us the fans. If someone in Northern Ireland prefers to support the Republic of Ireland then that's their choice and there is fuck all we can do to get them to support Northern Ireland.

As for the match, we played well, I thought when Hungary scored that was t, same old story, play well, sloppy defending and a defeat. When we equalised I thought, that's it game over play for an away draw but to get the win was just fantastic. Faroe Islands next and we could be going to Athens with 6 points and with Romania winning there, Greece may not be that tough and they are the hardest team in a very boring group.

Stella
09-09-14, 20:35
Do explain? Since the "Neil Lennon Incident", we have done everything we can to get rid of this element, maybe one or two wankers in the crowd but Windsor Park is a far more welcoming place than it was 12 years ago when Lennon was issued with a death threat by some numpty who doesn't speak for us the fans. If someone in Northern Ireland prefers to support the Republic of Ireland then that's their choice and there is fuck all we can do to get them to support Northern Ireland.

As for the match, we played well, I thought when Hungary scored that was t, same old story, play well, sloppy defending and a defeat. When we equalised I thought, that's it game over play for an away draw but to get the win was just fantastic. Faroe Islands next and we could be going to Athens with 6 points and with Romania winning there, Greece may not be that tough and they are the hardest team in a very boring group.

In fairness problem lies in Hungarian football, they have bloody no motivation,no clue, league is non existent, only 3-4 very few anyway, players with European proper teams, well paid dickheads, plus fucked up greedy at best management...

N-Ireland is no.95 world ranking while Hungary 35! pretty huge difference, but still they did nothing on the pitch, the injured player wasn't able to count until THREE that all replacements gone, such a bloody disgrace what our players do/did.

Romania will beat Hungary for sure, would put huge money on this without a doubt, also Finland won against us few years ago on a friendly fixture, so chances to beat us again are high.

I'd say huge chance for NI to get there this time!

ocred
09-09-14, 21:03
Wales made hard work out of beating Andorra tonight

The Libertarian
10-09-14, 11:17

Your lads did well, I think The Republic might have struggled a bit out there! Windsor Park long before The Neil Lennon incident, which was beyond a living disgrace in itself (his life was threatened in sectarian madness!), was traditionally a cold place for Catholics! In fairness you can hardly blame any young lad from a CNR background going ROI!
There is a possibility all 5 British Isles sides could qualify, ironically it was a joint Republic/Scotland proposal to up the qualifiers to 24, which I support! It will lead to many more full houses for qualifying games all over Europe and be great for sides such as Northern Ireland and Wales who have never qualified for the Euros!
BTW I totally accept it's only a minority of Northern Ireland supporters who have disgraced themselves!
It's often mentioned that the great '82 side who were strongly supported and beloved down South also, had team mates who had brothers in prison for 'troubles' related incidents from different sides of the community!
Mind You, for qualifiers under Staunton, I was seated beside a man from a Northern background who supported the ROI to the last! I asked him did he ever go to Windsor, and not a hint of a joke, he thought I was talking about Windsor Castle, supporting Norn Iron was so beyond his experience or understanding!

The Libertarian
10-09-14, 11:23
In fairness problem lies in Hungarian football, they have bloody no motivation,no clue, league is non existent, only 3-4 very few anyway, players with European proper teams, well paid dickheads, plus fucked up greedy at best management...

N-Ireland is no.95 world ranking while Hungary 35! pretty huge difference, but still they did nothing on the pitch, the injured player wasn't able to count until THREE that all replacements gone, such a bloody disgrace what our players do/did.

Romania will beat Hungary for sure, would put huge money on this without a doubt, also Finland won against us few years ago on a friendly fixture, so chances to beat us again are high.

I'd say huge chance for NI to get there this time!
In coming back to 35, Hungary have made great strides! They had certainly fallen along way! Along with the Netherlands the best side never to win the world cup!
BTW I have a feeling that Northern Ireland will qualify! It would be an interesting group in France to have both the ROI and them in the same group! I suspect if both qualify and I think N.I. is more likely, that the picker of teams for the groups will be trained into picking the approved balls based on temperature, to keep us apart!
Maybe UEFA should get some of our lovely ladies to pick the teams and groups as they are experts with balls!:D

naturis
11-09-14, 01:07
Very good victory for the Nordies in Hungary! Hopefully theirpiss easy gro Loyal fans have come to terms with their sectarian hatred and bigotry! I reckon they will qualify from their group, mind you it's a lot easier than ours! England of course get their traditional up and their toughest game of all V Switzerland away has just resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Sasanachs!

slovenia their other mighty rival lost to estonia so they have pretty much qualified after one game ffs :) like whats the point of going to matches if you have qualified already

naturis
11-09-14, 01:12
In coming back to 35, Hungary have made great strides! They had certainly fallen along way! Along with the Netherlands the best side never to win the world cup!
BTW I have a feeling that Northern Ireland will qualify! It would be an interesting group in France to have both the ROI and them in the same group! I suspect if both qualify and I think N.I. is more likely, that the picker of teams for the groups will be trained into picking the approved balls based on temperature, to keep us apart!
Maybe UEFA should get some of our lovely ladies to pick the teams and groups as they are experts with balls!:D

ah NI they beat brazil and then lose to san marino they've done that in every quailfying get one big win and lose to luxembourg, faroes island, estonia ,iceland etc etc but they beat spain , england, drew portuagal ,russia etc etc , funny Ireland have opposite problem they can't beat decent teams but can beat bad ones

naturis
11-09-14, 01:14

maybe they could play something more neutral than the english national anthem that would be a start

TonyStark
11-09-14, 08:44
The national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland is not the "English Anthem".

Secondly I sit near a few people with "catholic"sounding names who are block bookers. So it's not the "english anthem" that's keeping people of a different religious cultural or political viewpoint away from Windsor Park. Nor should anybodies religious, cultural or political viewpoints be a problem when it comes to getting behind a football team, nor should it be a barrier in society.

The "fuck the pope" crowd do not speak for me nor the majority of fans of our wee country.

If you want to make it political then i have nothing but pity gor you.

TonyStark
11-09-14, 08:51
slovenia their other mighty rival lost to estonia so they have pretty much qualified after one game ffs :) like whats the point of going to matches if you have qualified already

It's because uefa fifa don't want a world cup without the "big teams" hence why spain, Germany etc are always in the same pot. It's really not fair as the qualifying groips are of one pot picked containing no hopers, next pot slightly better, next slightly better, nexf one possible compitition then the big team pot. So you're always gonna get a group consisting of say Germany, Czech Rep, Slovenia, Macedonia and San Marino so you kniw fine rightly Germany would win with Czechs second. It's stacked so the big teams qualify. It's silly and more or less makes the matches for the smaller teams glorified friendlies.

TonyStark
11-09-14, 09:02
Your lads did well, I think The Republic might have struggled a bit out there! Windsor Park long before The Neil Lennon incident, which was beyond a living disgrace in itself (his life was threatened in sectarian madness!), was traditionally a cold place for Catholics! In fairness you can hardly blame any young lad from a CNR background going ROI!
There is a possibility all 5 British Isles sides could qualify, ironically it was a joint Republic/Scotland proposal to up the qualifiers to 24, which I support! It will lead to many more full houses for qualifying games all over Europe and be great for sides such as Northern Ireland and Wales who have never qualified for the Euros!
BTW I totally accept it's only a minority of Northern Ireland supporters who have disgraced themselves!
It's often mentioned that the great '82 side who were strongly supported and beloved down South also, had team mates who had brothers in prison for 'troubles' related incidents from different sides of the community!
Mind You, for qualifiers under Staunton, I was seated beside a man from a Northern background who supported the ROI to the last! I asked him did he ever go to Windsor, and not a hint of a joke, he thought I was talking about Windsor Castle, supporting Norn Iron was so beyond his experience or understanding!

There are people like that on both sides unfortunately, people up here wearing republic tops are automatically seen as Nationalists when they could very well be from the south. And then when i read comments in the telegraph etc, i see us being refered to as the "6 countie team". It's pathetic but that's the world we live in unfortunately.

I like to see the republic do well also ever since my granny, god rest her soul, was supporting them during the usa world cup and she was a staunch unionist lol

The bigger tournament is better as it gives others a cgance niw instead of the same teams in it all the time. I just hope that we can build on this Hungary win and not ness up against the faroes and finland.

Could well be a chance all home nations could get througj or at least make the playoffs.

ocred
11-09-14, 21:24
Albania beat portugal 1-0, that was a surprising result. Zilch wont be happy.

The Portugese FA were not happy either. They sacked their manager tonight

loveat1stfeel
09-10-14, 09:44
Hard to say...lreland ain't a team to hit loads of goals against even minnows .......Poland only led 1-0 at half time v Gibralter and they had a chance to level so think if lreland settle early there could be a few hitting the net ...

westcorklad
09-10-14, 12:07
So how much will ireland beat gibraltar by on saturday. We usally dont score many goals, even against the minnows. Ile go for 5-0. Anyone read roys book.

This Irish squad always struggles to score even against the so called minnows so I don't think there will be an avalanche of goals.. Gibraltar will park the bus in the hope of getting a respectable result and Ireland may have one eye on the Germany game next week. I will go for a 3-0 result. Keanos book only officially goes on sale today so I have not read it yet.

ocred
09-10-14, 20:36
We don't really do hammerings that well. I'd be surprised if we get more than 4 or 5. Meanwhile ze Germans have a lengthening injury list for Tuesday. Elsewhere, Wayne Rooney is closing in on England goalscoring record scoring his 42nd against San Marino tonight. Only 7 to go..

naturis
11-10-14, 18:02
And now its 7-0, mc clean with 2, hoolahan and an og. We have now matched polands score, still 30 mins left. Time for a few subs.

should of got 3 more really they were actually playing a poor eircom league team .I think uefa just let Gibraltar in to piss off spain lol

ocred
11-10-14, 18:53
A bit pissed off we didn't for our record win. Gibraltar fans were great craic though

loveat1stfeel
11-10-14, 20:33
yippeeeeeeeeeee !!!!! have Poland +2 goals............

loveat1stfeel
11-10-14, 20:51
So the place to be tonight is in any of the Polish pubs ............totally agree with your point about it not being a great result for lreland...1.it's 3 points for Poland that we thought they would'nt get....2. we play Germany on tue and maybe facing a backlash...

ocred
11-10-14, 21:23
That's 2 unconvincing performances by ze Germans. The pressure will be on them on Tuesday

naturis
11-10-14, 21:31
were not going to quailfy thats the worst possible result now were fighting for 3rd with scots

naturis
11-10-14, 21:33
That's 2 unconvincing performances by ze Germans. The pressure will be on them on Tuesday

they should of been like 5-0 up in first half no doubt our luck they'll take all there chances I can see a pissed of germany beating us about 4-0

celticden
11-10-14, 21:54
were pretty fucked I think we needed germany to hammer everybody now poland are in pole haha leaves us with a play-off and alot of big countries are struggling

Dub Lad
12-10-14, 01:56
were pretty fucked I think we needed germany to hammer everybody now poland are in pole haha leaves us with a play-off and alot of big countries are struggling

I would disagree there, there is more of a chance of Ireland getting a result from Poland than off Germany, There's more of a chance scotland getting points of Poland and Ireland could get something from Germany! I'm optimistic

Westsidex
12-10-14, 09:46
didnt watch it so it looks like Gibralbter didnt show up :-)

Westside.

nonelord2
12-10-14, 17:20
Gibraltar has a team?!?!?! That's crazy...

ocred
12-10-14, 17:24
didnt watch it so it looks like Gibralbter didnt show up :-)

Westside.

They showed up alright, unfortunately they are hopelessly out of their depth at this level.

ocred
12-10-14, 17:26
Gibraltar has a team?!?!?! That's crazy...

They always did but they were only awarded full membership of UEFA a couple of years ago.

westcorklad
13-10-14, 11:55
Well my prediction was way off. Ireland scored seven and could have gone into double figures if they had taken all their chances.
Gibraltar have to be the worst international team ever to play against the Irish.
Poland`s win over Germany on Saturday makes tomorrow`s match against them even more important. If there is a German backlash then I fear the worst. I will go for a 3-0 scoreline but hope that I`m wrong.

BTW I see that the World Cup 2018 qualifying draw is taking place next July which doesn't leave very much time for Ireland to try and improve their world ranking when it comes to the seeding for the next campaign. All the more important that they get some good results over the next few months.

loveat1stfeel
13-10-14, 20:30
Long...more pace.....

LoveAMature
13-10-14, 20:42
Wales, Croatia, Slovakia and Czech republic.. 20 stake 180 return.. Not a bad Tuesday lads

ocred
13-10-14, 21:11
A few surprise results over the past few days. Iceland beat Holland tonight

loveat1stfeel
13-10-14, 22:03
Wales, Croatia, Slovakia and Czech republic.. 20 stake 180 return.. Not a bad Tuesday lads

well done...fair play to ya...nice touch

ocred
14-10-14, 18:40
robbie and john walters start, shane long doesnt. Good luck ireland, i think we will need it.

Disappointed Hoolahan was left out

SmallHorn
14-10-14, 19:27
Poland lead scotland 1-0. Could be a few good days for the poles.

Are RTE commentators a bit harsh on irish team?

ocred
14-10-14, 20:18
Ironically Germany scored just when we seemed to be looking more comfortable. Hoolahan on now

ocred
14-10-14, 20:21
2-2 in Poland now

Klittyliker
14-10-14, 20:35
O'Shea, YES!!!!!

ocred
14-10-14, 20:36
Get fuckin in there!!!!!

LoveAMature
14-10-14, 20:38
Horrible to watch but my god what a result that is for us..

ocred
14-10-14, 20:40
Proves that Weso should have been on from the start. We looked more comfortable in possession as soon as Gibson came on. Hendrick did very well too

ocred
14-10-14, 20:46
Another M. O'Neill had a good result tonight - the North won in Greece and top their group

LoveAMature
14-10-14, 20:48
Great result but Jesus id have wes and long on that pitch everyday.. Set up so negative hoofing balls parking the bus.... Take a leaf out of scotlands book there of lesser players if not the same as us and they gave Germany a massive scare and gave Poland who beat Germany a great game tonight.. Just not believing in our players from the management.. Lucky against Georgia, not even gonna mention Gibraltar and then never even tried attacking tonight

LoveAMature
14-10-14, 21:15
He's the one player id never bet on scoring.. Done Liverpool in a few year ago aswel with a last minute goal the c**t... Suppose if we were offered 7 points after 3 games Ireland would of snapped the hand of yea.

loveat1stfeel
14-10-14, 21:18
Probably fitting that john o shea scored on his 100th cap, he was 100/1 to score the last goal. Nice if u had a few euro on him, and nice even if you hadn't.

Fair play to him......100 caps is some acheivement.....but wont lie it was so hard to watch it ....then whelan went off injured and put the players where they belong and lreland went at Germany ...why could'nt have been like that from the start but anyway a draw a great result but gonna be a tough few games v Scotland & Poland............

ocred
14-10-14, 21:50
if we play like the last 20mins tonight, then we have a great chance against scotland. But as you said it will be tough.

Exactly, if we just ditched that "we're shite so just hoof it mentality" there's no reason why we can't finish in the top 2

Mickey O leary
14-10-14, 23:46
They have a great chance against Scotland and believe strongly they will win that game

ber
15-10-14, 01:45
Another M. O'Neill had a good result tonight - the North won in Greece and top their group

Surely if the two Irish teams came together they would dominate world football.........................or maybe not

loveat1stfeel
15-10-14, 05:14
Surely if the two Irish teams came together they would dominate world football.........................or maybe not

would'nt think they'd dominate World football...................

Clyde
15-10-14, 07:45
Well now Germany beat Brazil 7-0 but THEY NEVER BEAT THE IRISH..... Feckin great result ...

ocred
15-10-14, 19:53

Can't see it ever happening

ocred
23-10-14, 19:11
Glenn whelan out for 6 weeks with broken leg, that wil mean a change in irelands midfield for the scotland game. Is that good or bad? Maybe a more attacking line up?

Hoolahan looks almost certain to miss out as well. A big loss

ocred
23-10-14, 20:44
Glenn whelan out for 6 weeks with broken leg, that wil mean a change in irelands midfield for the scotland game. Is that good or bad? Maybe a more attacking line up?

Most likely midfield (barring any further injuries) would be McGeady behind the striker and Walters (or possibly Long) out wide and McCarthy and Gibson in for Quinn and Whelan. Not our best lineup - McGeady is more effective out wide IMO

ocred
29-10-14, 18:13
Whelan makes the preliminary squad for the Scotland game but Hoolahan definitely out. No Jack Grealish either, there was talk that O'Neill was going to fast track him into the senior squad to secure his international future with Ireland

ocred
30-10-14, 18:40
I wonder would grealish have a better chance of making the irish team than the english team? That might be a deciding factor.

If that were the case then he would have been capped already. It's possible since England do not exactly have a conveyor belt of talent coming through that he might think he's in with a chance there. That's the only reason I can see for his hesitation. Personally, I don't care whether he plays for us or not. In any case we shouldn't be trying to 'persuade' players to be Irish. It really pisses me off that still a high percentage of our national team is still poached from other countries.

loveat1stfeel
30-10-14, 19:20
If that were the case then he would have been capped already. It's possible since England do not exactly have a conveyor belt of talent coming through that he might think he's in with a chance there. That's the only reason I can see for his hesitation. Personally, I don't care whether he plays for us or not. In any case we shouldn't be trying to 'persuade' players to be Irish. It really pisses me off that still a high percentage of our national team is still poached from other countries.

fair point but lreland is only a small country and Soccer is not our national game so a huge % of players play gaelic games where may be playing soccer if those games were not there hense giving a way bigger pool of players to pick from...like Kevin Moran for example who went on on be phone of the greatest centre halfs for United ,as regards the parent rule for players we got Mark Lawrance who the late Bobby Robson said was the one that he would've loved to have got but was capped by lreland before he became England manager.....as regards the game In Scotland..l think it'll be 0-0 draw......

ocred
30-10-14, 21:19
fair point but lreland is only a small country and Soccer is not our national game so a huge % of players play gaelic games where may be playing soccer if those games were not there hense giving a way bigger pool of players to pick from...like Kevin Moran for example who went on on be phone of the greatest centre halfs for United ,as regards the parent rule for players we got Mark Lawrance who the late Bobby Robson said was the one that he would've loved to have got but was capped by lreland before he became England manager.....as regards the game In Scotland..l think it'll be 0-0 draw......

How big we are as a country isn't really relevant - the two biggest countries in the world are shite at football and although football isn't our national game I would wager that it is still the most popular in terms of participation.

Newtoallthis
31-10-14, 20:53
Uefa are letting us in to the Romania Match, can finally pack my bag, 4 Northern Ireland wins in a row, hmmmmmm, is it possible?

TonyStark
01-11-14, 11:29
Uefa are letting us in to the Romania Match, can finally pack my bag, 4 Northern Ireland wins in a row, hmmmmmm, is it possible?

Win there and I'll be getting a bag packed for France. Nine points from our three hardest games would be unbelievable. Yes we still have to play them at home but imo the away games are the hardest, we are more than capable of getting points at home against Greece, Romania and Hungary, so max points away from home would be some achievement concidering we got beat by Luxembourg during our last qualifiers :/

Newtoallthis
01-11-14, 17:22
Win there and I'll be getting a bag packed for France. Nine points from our three hardest games would be unbelievable. Yes we still have to play them at home but imo the away games are the hardest, we are more than capable of getting points at home against Greece, Romania and Hungary, so max points away from home would be some achievement concidering we got beat by Luxembourg during our last qualifiers :/
Don't mention the L word Tony, I was at that match it was miserable :(

Hedgehog
02-11-14, 08:50

Let's not get cocky lads, this is Northern Ireland we are talking about :-/ . Expect the worst hehe.

The last time NI was in a major tournament I was 2, so I will be going to France, ticket or no ticket if we qualify. NI fans at a major tournament - carnage (in a good way :) ).

ocred
09-11-14, 18:47
Possible bad news for Ireland, Marc Wilson went off with what looked like a hamstring injury today. Has to be very doubtful for Friday now

danny14
13-11-14, 15:33
ireland 1 -0 :)

ocred
13-11-14, 19:48
James mc carthy and glenn whelan have also being ruled out for fridays game. Any predictions, or does it depend on what team he picks. I think it will be a tight game and would take a draw. Both teams are similar and usually dont score alot of goals. Ile go for 1-1.

Gibson and Hendrick were very impressive when they came on against Germany. Gibson's almost definitely a starter but I think O'Neill might go for Quinn to start. Hoolahan's absence means that McGeady will probably come in from the wing with Robbie Brady starting on the left and Walters on the right. Unlikely he will throw the new lad McGoldrick in the deep end. Also worth noting that we will be forced into a new centre half partnership as well. Anyone's guess who will be alongside O'Shea....Clark, Keogh, Pearce??

ocred
14-11-14, 18:35
Poland coasting now. 3-0

ocred
14-11-14, 18:38
Quote of the year by Jordan Perez (Gibraltar goalkeeper) - "We need to concede less than 7 against Germany tonight. Then we can say we are better than Brazil"

:lmao:

ocred
14-11-14, 18:44
Ireland team announced - Keane is dropped!! Keogh to start at centre half - O'Neill clearly doesn't rate Clark.

Forde, Coleman, O'Shea (C), Keogh, Ward, McGeady,Hendrick, Gibson, McClean, Long, Walters

ocred
14-11-14, 18:52
Poland practically walked their 4th goal in. They are looking impressive. Assuming that Germany will get the thumb out means that this is a massive game for us tonight

ocred
14-11-14, 18:59
Thats a surprise that robbie is dropped.

Yes that is a big call from O'Neill. I just hope that by putting Walters up front doesn't mean we're just going to lump the ball towards him all night

ocred
14-11-14, 19:11
He might play long up front and walters on the wing. Or going by rte he might play them both up front.

He can switch it around but I'm not convinced by McGeady playing behind a lone striker

SteveB
14-11-14, 20:35
Half-Time

Scotland 0 Republic of Ireland 0

Romania 0 Northern Ireland 0

SteveB
14-11-14, 20:40
Scotland and Republic of Ireland. Scrappy but interesting game

Romania and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland under pressure.

ocred
14-11-14, 20:42
As I feared, we're relying on flick ons from long balls - no plan B. Scotland look more dangerous

ocred
14-11-14, 21:11
Elswhere Greece currently losing at home to the Faroe Islands!

ocred
14-11-14, 21:18
Bollox!!:damnit1:

ocred
14-11-14, 21:22
Awful defending

SteveB
14-11-14, 21:23
Both Irish teams go one down, at 74mins :)

SteveB
14-11-14, 21:27
Romania 2 N Ireland 0

ocred
14-11-14, 21:38
That was a quality ball in from Brady

ocred
14-11-14, 21:42
Have to say the better side won

Rachel Divine
14-11-14, 21:51
What happened??!! :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes :

ocred
14-11-14, 21:53
So apparently Gibraltar are indeed better than Brazil :D

ocred
14-11-14, 22:04
that was a huge upset, great result for faroes. Have they ever won a qualifier before.

They beat Austria in their first competitive international back in 1990

SteveB
14-11-14, 22:37
What happened??!! :bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes :

Romania 2
Northern Ireland 0

Scotland 1
Rep Ireland 0

:mad:

:mad:

SteveB
14-11-14, 22:40

You're English. What do you care ! :). :lmao:

Rachel Divine
15-11-14, 00:26
You're English. What do you care ! :). :lmao:
Had the Scotland - Ireland on tv and the other match on my laptop.

I promise I shouted for ROI and NI !!!

naturis
15-11-14, 01:42
I thought you would shout for romania ???

Rachel Divine
15-11-14, 01:45
I thought you would shout for romania ???
You think too much :lmao:

TonyStark
15-11-14, 10:36
Oh well beat away to the best team in the group. Can't complain with 9 points from 4 games and the harder away games done and dusted.

Beat Finland at home which should guarantee the playoffs then Romania at home who didn't look the impressive tbf.

Only thing is Greece might be a bit harder at home as no way they'll still have their manager after that result last night. Funny thing is, they tanked the Faroes 6-0 in a qualifier in the 90s around this date in the 90s lol

ocred
15-11-14, 14:33
Only thing is Greece might be a bit harder at home as no way they'll still have their manager after that result last night.

Yep, Rainieri immediately got the chop. He's staying in charge for their game on Tuesday but after that it's arrivederci Claudio

ocred
15-11-14, 15:16
One thing we learned from last night - Nidge is alive!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2b0fJ8CAAABjRV.jpg

ocred
16-11-14, 16:07
It's been a good weekend for the minnow countries. San Marino got a 0-0 draw against Estonia - ending a 61 game losing run. Lichtenstein also won in Moldova

westcorklad
17-11-14, 13:09
A reality check for Ireland on Friday. They were beaten by the better team on the night and have some crucial games next spring and early summer.They will now need maximum points from the home matches if they are to qualify and I`m not sure if they are capable of getting them. On the evidence of the Scotland game it doesn't look good.

ocred
17-11-14, 18:07
A reality check for Ireland on Friday. They were beaten by the better team on the night and have some crucial games next spring and early summer.They will now need maximum points from the home matches if they are to qualify and I`m not sure if they are capable of getting them. On the evidence of the Scotland game it doesn't look good.

Yeah we havent exactly made Lansdowne a fortress since it re-opened

ocred
18-11-14, 22:18
All change for ireland in tonights friendly against usa. I think u cant read much into friendlys but i suppose they give the manager a chance to see what his squad players are like. Nice goal from antony pilkington.

Just back from it. Brady took his goals very well. Impresssed with the 2 new caps. Christie at right full in particular. Wasn't anywhere near a full strength American side either however.

nonpareil
27-03-15, 19:46
1-1 draw.

But possibility of a Polish win can't be discounted.

LadyM
29-03-15, 19:26
Well done to Poland so far :D :D Sorry guys, but game is not over yet, dont worry.

nonpareil
29-03-15, 19:35
Well done to Poland so far :D :D Sorry guys, but game is not over yet, dont worry.

I am worried!

LadyM
29-03-15, 19:42
I am worried!

And I am happy :D :D

nonpareil
29-03-15, 20:36
And I am happy :D :D

I am now happier.:)

peregine
29-03-15, 20:50
Better play by Ireland in the second half and well deserved draw and could have won it. Go Ireland.:)

westcorklad
30-03-15, 12:23
A fair result in the end as Poland were the better team in the first half and Ireland by far in the second. However the next game against Scotland in June is now more crucial than ever and is a must win for Ireland if they want to still have realistic hopes of qualifying for France 2016.

tony1
12-06-15, 17:02
I think Shane Long should start.

willie wacker
12-06-15, 21:29
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11391363_10152928414141762_8561276940916056803_n.jpg?oh=e19d72f0175ffd5826ca5489 a04008f9&oe=55F38713

peregine
13-06-15, 16:43
Ireland v Scotland. 37 mins Walters scores and put Ireland 1 up. Deserved as Ireland were creating all the chances.:)

peregine
13-06-15, 16:51
Half time and Ireland lead 1-- 0. Walters may have been offside but the officials said no so we'll take it.:)

peregine
13-06-15, 17:08
Ah sugar, it's 1-- 1. Ireland fell asleep after just one min of second half.:(

peregine
13-06-15, 17:56
Full time 1--1 . Ireland played well only in the first half and some patches in the second half. Poland beat Georgia 4 --0.:)

Toolbox
13-06-15, 18:31
Yeah, I can't see us qualifying now, needed the win today. Downer.

1-1, a dissapointing result to say the least. And although there are 4 games left imo thats our chances of qualifying gone. Best we can hope for is 3rd place and even thats going to be difficult now.

SteveB
13-06-15, 19:58
If Northern Ireland wins their game with Romania, they would go top of Group F.
At the moment, Romania tops Group F by one point.
Northern Ireland have not reached a major tournament since 1986

SteveB
13-06-15, 20:02
Germany 3 Gibraltar 0 now

SteveB
13-06-15, 20:06
60minutes gone in Germany v Gibraltar. 4-0

SteveB
13-06-15, 20:16
Germany v Gibraltar. 5-0 now.

SteveB
13-06-15, 20:21
Germany v Gibraltar now 6-0

celticden
13-06-15, 20:31
well thats us done for another year maybe in 2066 when theres a 4th or 5th place quailifying spot we might do to

SteveB
13-06-15, 20:37
Full time.
Northern Ireland 0-0 Romania

celticden
13-06-15, 20:45
Finishes 0-0 with northern ireland and romania. Qualification is still well within ni grasp. There game with hungary will now be vital. Good luck to them. Germany win 7-0. And a great result for the minnows faroe islands, they beat greece 2-1. They must love playing greece.

wish we had that group :)

tony1
14-06-15, 15:49
I don't not think england will beat Slovenia.

tony1
14-06-15, 17:03
England defence is poor.

tony1
03-09-15, 00:14
If you want watch Germany v Poland its on itv 4.

NickFury
03-09-15, 15:53
Thanks, I'll watch that !

peregine
04-09-15, 20:10
67 mins. Ireland seemed to have slowed down. Seem happy with three. Well its three points.:D

peregine
04-09-15, 20:21
78 mins. Shane Long scores. Ireland 4 --0 Gibraltar.

willie wacker
04-09-15, 20:29
And its now 3-1 to germany.

We are now up to Third 2 pts behind Poland :)

peregine
04-09-15, 20:37
Full time. Ireland 4 Gibraltar 0. Good win and three points. Georgia on Monday. 3rd in the table. Germany 3 Poland 1. Poland drop to second, Germany take over top spot.

tony1
04-09-15, 21:59
Good chance of third-place play-off.

We are now up to Third 2 pts behind Poland :)

loveat1stfeel
04-09-15, 23:47
4-0.....in fairness after Scotlands result..3 points was the top priority..BUT.....really thought they could've been a bit more intense in the 1st half ..will have to up it 10 times more Mon night....

Naughtynatalie
05-09-15, 00:35
I cant see us getting anything out of the game tomorrow night. If we got a draw it would be a brilliant result. I think it will be close though, ile go for germany to win 2-0 or 2-1. And my friend thomas muller to score first. Wil he play robbie or shane long up front.

Name dropper :p

ladiesman217
05-09-15, 01:03
Football/Rugby/Soccer/etc. A bunch of grown ass men getting paid to kick a ball around a field for over and under 60/90 minutes.

At least golf is interesting. Golf is method to vent anger. Is healthy. I pretend golf ball is JibJab. Golf ball makes me frustrated. JibJab makes me frustrated. Golf ball = JibJab.
Science.

willie wacker
06-09-15, 19:32
Football/Rugby/Soccer/etc. A bunch of grown ass men getting paid to kick a ball around a field for over and under 60/90 minutes.

At least golf is interesting. Golf is method to vent anger. Is healthy. I pretend golf ball is JibJab. Golf ball makes me frustrated. JibJab makes me frustrated. Golf ball = JibJab.
Science.

No, fishing is the cure for that, especially when you have to hit one over the head ;)

ladiesman217
06-09-15, 22:39
No, fishing is the cure for that, especially when you have to hit one over the head ;)

Animal cruelty. I'm a veggie. You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

peregine
07-09-15, 19:57
We don't want a draw, we need to win but the way Ireland are playing now it looks like they are playing for the draw.:)

peregine
07-09-15, 20:11
68 mins. Great goal for Walters. Let's hope we can go for the win now. :)

Danny2011
07-09-15, 20:26
Shane long been anonymous since he came on misses a great chance a fresh air shot almost from 6 yards after good play from whelan and mclean.

peregine
07-09-15, 20:26
Whelan and Mc Clean can't be picked for German game. Pity. Cmon Ireland don't let equalizer in.:)

peregine
07-09-15, 20:36
Full time. Well done Ireland. Happy to get the three points. Ireland 1 Georgia 0.:)

smallcock
08-09-15, 07:40
key game will be Scotland vs Poland if Poland win that Ireland can lose both games and still finish third and make playoffs. if Poland draw with Scotland a draw between us and Poland would put Poland through and us into playoffs. we have every chance of getting through hopefully

Newtoallthis
03-10-15, 08:05
Biggest week in international football since 1986, for us lot, first the Greeks, dare to dream !!

loveat1stfeel
03-10-15, 14:41
Biggest week in international football since 1986, for us lot, first the Greeks, dare to dream !!

the only result l want to see , to be honest here,is Poland beating Scotland...play off's then regardless......course a win v Germany would happily suffice too ..:ireland2:

Newtoallthis
03-10-15, 16:00
the only result l want to see , to be honest here,is Poland beating Scotland...play off's then regardless......course a win v Germany would happily suffice too ..:ireland2:

Off to Helsenki for the last match of our group, want it to be stress free with a few ten pound pints :D so got to beat the Greeks on Thursday !!

Baller432
04-10-15, 18:57
Beat Germany then go and stuff poland

tferris2020
06-10-15, 18:08
I really want to go to France!

Rickfirefox
06-10-15, 18:25
Big game thursday

Rickfirefox
06-10-15, 18:26
Coybig up the irish

irishlad009
07-10-15, 21:18
do you think Ireland can get a result against the efficient germans ? I am hoping we can go to France next year or at least the plays offs. Have a beer for me tomorrow !

loveat1stfeel
07-10-15, 23:59
do you think Ireland can get a result against the efficient germans ? I am hoping we can go to France next year or at least the plays offs. Have a beer for me tomorrow !

Be hard to see it..no Coleman ...a great attacking defender....Germany were slow out of the blocks at the start of the group after winning the World Cup but are back in the groove now..a draw would be an absolutely brilliant result but scoring regular goals in qualifier's of this stature is not our strongest point for a long time now..time will tell.

Bannaners369
08-10-15, 18:27
Hoolahan starts, thats good news. Shane long or robbie keane doesn't start. I thought long might have started. Good luck ireland.

O'Neil doesn't trust Long it would seem

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:05
The Faroe Islands are one goal ahead against Hungary.

If that stands, Northern Ireland will have qualified.

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:07
Scotland at the moment do not look like they are a match for Poland.

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:21
Northern Ireland scores!

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:33
Half Time in the Northern Ireland match
Northern Ireland 1
Greece 0

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:34
Scotland have equalised.
Half Time
Scotland 1
Poland 1

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:39
that must have changed now, pity from an irish point of view.

Poland very much getting the run of the game. Incredible goal from out of nowhere from Matt Ritchie.

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:41
that must have changed now, pity from an irish point of view.

And still no good for Scotland, as it stands they still would not qualify.

SteveB
08-10-15, 19:50
Northern Ireland scores again. Josh Magennis
Northern Ireland 2
Greece 0

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:01
Going well in the North at least. Steven Davis again.

Northern Ireland 3
Greece 0

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:06
yeah , but at least it gets them level and gives them more hope for the 2nd half. Lets hope they don't get another one.

Unfortunately, they do.
Steven Fletcher

Scotland 2
Poland 1

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:11
Hungary and Faroe Islands are level at one each.
Probably wont matter to Northern Ireland now.

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:16
Romania 0
Finland 1

If this stands, Northern Ireland will win their group.

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:18
Goal.
Ireland I
Germany 0

peregine
08-10-15, 20:19
Well done Shane Long. Great strike. Concentration needed now to end. 20 mins left. Ireland 1 Germany 0.:)

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:19
That goal was much needed.

Bannaners369
08-10-15, 20:20
Shane Long....take a bow son

Danny2011
08-10-15, 20:20
Goal.
Ireland I
Germany 0

Hon Tipp :dance:

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:28
Greece pulls one back. Goal from Christos Aravidis.

Northern Ireland 3
Greece 1

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:34
Full Time in Belfast.

Northern Ireland 3
Greece 1
Northern Ireland qualify.

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:38
Robert Lewandowski again!

Scotland 2
Poland 2

Full Time score.

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:41
2-2 with poland and scotland. The scots are out.

Yep.
Poland had the run off the game but Scotland had two amazing goals. Then, just at the end, Poland scores with a fluke.

peregine
08-10-15, 20:42
Well done Ireland. What a goal. Beating the world champions is great.:)

SteveB
08-10-15, 20:49
Ireland can qualify on Sunday if they beat Poland. Otherwise, a draw might be enough but it would depend on other matches.

SteveB
08-10-15, 21:04
i think a 2-2 draw on sunday might get us automatic qualifaction, but im not sure.

2-2 or higher would mean automatic qualification on away goals difference.

SteveB
08-10-15, 21:16
If Germany were to be beaten at home to Georgia [unlikely] then Ireland could qualify with a draw with any score.

SteveB
08-10-15, 21:20
If Germany wins or draws with Georgia, Germany go through.

2-2 or higher or a win is needed because Poland would go through on goal difference.

naturis
08-10-15, 23:21
I know in hindsight who'd thought we'd beat germany but a scotland win would of done us a huge favour

loveat1stfeel
09-10-15, 19:42
also the highest points 3rd team qualifies automatically, but i think other teams will be ahead of us on that count.

think only 2 teams can beat lreland with more points for third place both can reach 19 and one of those can only get 19 if they beat Spain....but there has'nt been much talk of that happening so it must'nt be in the mix anywhere for lreland.

loveat1stfeel
09-10-15, 19:44
I know in hindsight who'd thought we'd beat germany but a scotland win would of done us a huge favour

l know..isnt it unreal....at the start of the games l was hoping Poland would beat Scotland but at the end of them wanted Scotland to hold on at 2-1 up ....crazy thing ..sport.....

bettercallsaul
11-10-15, 11:42
Despite loosing 2-0 last night wales qualify for euro 2016. A great achievement, their first time since 1958 to qualify for a major tournament. Well done wales.

RIP Gary Speed,he played a big part.

tony1
11-10-15, 14:35
I agree how do you stop lewandowski best striker in the world at the minute.

so will we finish second? Its a tough game and hard to call. We have a good defensive record only conceding 5 goals, but we usually dont score many either. Our confidence should be high after thursday night, but germany did create alot of chances. Can we stop lewandowski? I think poland to win 2-1, but hope im wrong. Good luck ireland.

SteveB
11-10-15, 17:53
Northern Ireland, already qualified, was beating Finland One-Nil until 87 minutes when a goal from nowhere from Paulus Arajuuri equalised the game to One all.

However, the single point still means Northern Ireland top Group F.

SteveB
11-10-15, 17:57
Republic Ireland in Poland up next at 19:45 Irish time.
Need a win or a draw of two or more goals.

GetSmart
11-10-15, 18:00
Strange days
NI and Iceland topping groups
And I think I heard something about the Faroes leading in a match against Hungary a couple of days ago.

peregine
11-10-15, 18:45
Anything can happen especially after Thurs. We weren't expected to beat Germany. C'mon Ireland.:)

SteveB
11-10-15, 18:50
Have to go for it. No use in holding back. Need goals.

SteveB
11-10-15, 18:52
Robert Lewandowski being well marked, and he needs to be.

peregine
11-10-15, 19:01
Great to get a penalty after falling behind. 15 mins gone 1--1.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:02
Sloppy marking!

Goal for Poland from Grzegorz Krychowiak.
Irish penalty brings it to One All.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:05
Disallowed goal from Pawel Olkowski. Robert Lewandoski was offside. Nervy stuff.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:08
Poland look aggressive, Ireland look to be under pressure.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:15
No score after 26mins in the Germany Georgia match. If Georgia win [very unlikely] Ireland would qualify as it stands.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:23
Having said that, Tornike Okriashvili almost scored for Georgia. Manuel Neuer required to carry out a great save.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:28
Robert Lewandowski scores.
Ireland 2-1 down, :(

peregine
11-10-15, 19:29
ah sugar Poland score again. 42 mins Poland 2 Ireland 1.:(

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:40
Still, all that is needed is another Irish goal, and not to concede any other goals.

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:42
Still, all that is needed is another Irish goal, and not to concede any other goals.

Otherwise, it is the play-offs

SteveB
11-10-15, 19:54
Germany have scored.

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:00
And Georgia equalises.

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:07
And georgia have equalised, thats a surprise.

Puts pressure on Poland. Draw or win for Germany means they go through. Another goal for Ireland, and Ireland join Germany and Poland go out.

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:25
Germany have scored again
Germany 2
Georgia 1

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:27
As it stands, Germany are group winners, with Poland second.

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:32
The best "third placed team" at the moment are Hungary. Ireland must score to automatically qualify.

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:34
Time is running out, but there have been alot of late goals in this group. Could there be another one? There's still hope.

Yep.
Georgia McGeady 90mins

Germany O'Shea 90+4mins

Poland Long 90+1mins

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:35
Five mins added time now........

SteveB
11-10-15, 20:38
Germany versus Georgia game Full Time.

Germany 2
Georgia 1

peregine
11-10-15, 20:40
Poland 2 Ireland 1. Full time. And our record in play-offs is not great. But still a chance. It's two games.:)

celticden
11-10-15, 20:48
play-offs are mine field should of drawn was there for the taking 2-2 would of been perfect

Danny2011
11-10-15, 21:07
Poor tonight didn't deserve anything from the game

You have to expect even if we do qualify we will be outclassed by most teams .... this long ball stuff is awful to watch

celticden
11-10-15, 21:32
Poor tonight didn't deserve anything from the game

You have to expect even if we do qualify we will be outclassed by most teams .... this long ball stuff is awful to watch

can't see it happening now poland actually was easier than some of those teams in the play-off just a pity they beat germany for nothing now

SmallHorn
12-10-15, 00:10
has much changed since trappatoni?

I dont feel the Irish team will ever change..... Managers making little impact.....

Newtoallthis
12-10-15, 18:56
you can have a relaxing trip to helsenki now, well done northern ireland, automatic qualifaction with a game to go. Michael o neill has done a great job after a difficult start to his term in charge.

Thanks, just back great trip, freezing over there but managed to keep warm singing and dancing :dance: :clapping: no voice left and I still keep watching the highlights to make sure it's not a dream, top of the group and now for France #wedaredtodream :)

loveat1stfeel
12-10-15, 21:55
can't see it happening now poland actually was easier than some of those teams in the play-off just a pity they beat germany for nothing now

Beating Germany in a Euro Qualifier is never for nothing,it guaranteed a play off place plus brought it down to the last game to Qualify automatically without depending on other results,and plus beating the World Champions in a game of major Significance would be fully entitled to stand on its own merit any day of any lifetime.....lreland beat the World Champions in Soccer..........Carved into the History books forever. yes ,would agree there are a few Sharks in the play off draw but we'll have to wait & see what next Sunday brings, you never know..we might get lucky...after all ,we were in probably the toughest Qualifying group so maybe we get a break in the play offs.

Newtoallthis
13-10-15, 06:46
its not a dream and congrats on topping the group. A brilliant achievement. I heard that they were the first ever 5th seeds to top a group. Will u go to france?

Yes Definately but going to wait to December to see the draw before booking anything:)

mikeoc86
13-10-15, 20:21
hopefully another estonia situation

loveat1stfeel
13-10-15, 21:02
Holland loose tonight and finish 4th in their group. How the mighty have fallen. Not so long ago they were 3rd best in the world.

Thats football ..if you're not consistant you slip rapidly...remember the teams they had in the early 80's after the 2 brilliant teams in the 70's..were'nt at the races ..then the Van Basten,Gullit team came along.......but really think Van Persie has an awful ego and for his ability never done it at all in this group.

loveat1stfeel
13-10-15, 21:04
Turkey finished up as the best 3rd placed team and qualify automatically for the finals.

Straight in ?........jeez.....Ukraine played some stuff against Spain the other night ..serious pace....hope we dont draw them on Sunday.

YoungCock21
13-10-15, 21:21
unseeded but praying for hungary

loveat1stfeel
13-10-15, 23:22
[QUOTE=Ketchup;1646272]Ireland will be unseeded for sundays draw and will face either ukraine, sweden, bosnia herzegovina or hungary.[/QUOT

dont want the Ukraine....any of the other 3 would'nt be bad..course Hungary would be the choice.

bigv203
16-10-15, 20:53
Hoping for Hungary!

celticden
18-10-15, 17:26
bit of mixed bag dunno if it's a good or bad draw ?

westcorklad
19-10-15, 12:05
Ireland on the face of it have not got a bad playoff draw; if they had gotten Sweden I would not have fancied their chances.They are capable of holding Bosnia to a draw away and with suspended players available for the second leg at home may well go through to the finals. And hopefully Shane Long will be able to play in the ties.

Newtoallthis
05-11-15, 20:07
Nearly international week, the mighty Latvia are coming to Windsor Park for a euro warm up game

blue rebel
05-11-15, 20:54
Nearly international week, the mighty Latvia are coming to Windsor Park for a euro warm up game

I am really impressed with yer manager when he was at shamrock rovers
and he was on last night as an analyst on rte champions league and he really
knows what he is talking about and it shows with the great job he is doing
with NI