PDA

View Full Version : premier league

itstimenow
14-02-14, 00:47
liverpool have to be one of the best outside bets to win the title. 9/1 and only 4points off the top , best run in too ,arsenal are getting found out, man city are very ordinary without aguerro and chelsea cant out score a team .. if kolo toure cops da fuck on and if liverpool dont sit back and think the easy teams will just fall over then they have a great chance of lifting the premier league.

blueberry
14-02-14, 07:22
liverpool have to be one of the best outside bets to win the title. 9/1 and only 4points off the top , best run in too ,arsenal are getting found out, man city are very ordinary without aguerro and chelsea cant out score a team .. if kolo toure cops da fuck on and if liverpool dont sit back and think the easy teams will just fall over then they have a great chance of lifting the premier league.
Me too I think give them next year when they are stronger again

Forrest746
14-02-14, 08:12
Doing brilliant at the moment , would be happy to be back in champions league

ocred
14-02-14, 09:09

They will need a lot of luck to win the title this year but Rodgers definitely has them moving in the right direction

PaddyDaddy
14-02-14, 13:23
Not convinced they will pull it off this year but would be very happy if they did. Live in hope I suppose. What they do have going for them of course is no CL football or any European football at all for that maner. It may play an important factor in the end.

I really would like to see them push it to near the end at the very least and be constantly talked about as potential winners. If they do that but dont win it all it matures them into having a different way of thinking, which is very important for the squad and the club as a whole. Give a club like Liverpool real belief that they can do it and improve year on year and they will be very dangerous as a club to contend with as they will be able to attract a lot more of the top names of European football to the club.

Jaygoodtimes
14-02-14, 20:00
Liverpool tend to always buckle, hopefully they do again. Would love Everton to get 4th

ocred
14-02-14, 21:28
FFS what's going on at Fulham?! :dunno:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26200035

blueberry
14-02-14, 21:52
FFS what's going on at Fulham?! :dunno:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26200035
They don't know themselves I say

j81
01-03-14, 17:22
alan pardew wow , what a gobshite

westcorklad
01-03-14, 21:44
Good result for Liverpool this evening. Finally some payback for several bad recent results against Southampton and a clean sheet as well. If they finish outside the top four now they will only have themselves to blame. I believe that the title race is now between Man City and Chelsea after Arsenals defeat today.

very shy guy
01-03-14, 21:51
Good result for Liverpool this evening. Finally some payback for several bad recent results against Southampton and a clean sheet as well. If they finish outside the top four now they will only have themselves to blame. I believe that the title race is now between Man City and Chelsea after Arsenals defeat today.

What ?, you writing off United ?, lol, sounds about right, still if Suarez keeps going they may come even challenge for the title, need a bit of luck though.

westcorklad
01-03-14, 22:03
What ?, you writing off United ?, lol, sounds about right, still if Suarez keeps going they may come even challenge for the title, need a bit of luck though.

Much as I would love to see them lift the title I think they will come up short.After the last few years a top four finish would be fully acceptable but they need to cut out the sloppy defending which has been their problem for most of the season. I think that Man Utd will do very well to finish in the top five, in any case no silverware for them this year (unless you count the Community Shield of course.)

very shy guy
02-03-14, 22:56
Much as I would love to see them lift the title I think they will come up short.After the last few years a top four finish would be fully acceptable but they need to cut out the sloppy defending which has been their problem for most of the season. I think that Man Utd will do very well to finish in the top five, in any case no silverware for them this year (unless you count the Community Shield of course.)

Top 5 ?, wishful thinking , they are a shambles and show no sign of improvement.

j81
16-03-14, 16:40
some goal by rosicky for arsenal , good win by liverpool against a mid table team

PaddyDaddy
21-03-14, 10:32
So its heading into crunch time now! Things are heating up nicely

Chelsea and Arsenal tomorrow is a massive massive game. Kicks off a 3 game week nicely. Liverpool have to stay the course and not slip up against Cardiff and Sunderland midweek.

City playing Utd midweek will be very interesting. Can Utd, on the back of the CL progression, start to believe and perform and take some points off City?

Then Arsenal play City next Saturday!

And then to finish it of next week Liverpool host Spurs. Which Spurs turns up? Which Liverpool turns up?

8 days. 9 points. A clearer picture of what will happen this season should begin to emerge by next Sunday

Exciting times

ocred
21-03-14, 14:07
[QUOTE=PaddyDaddy;1321750] Liverpool have to stay the course and not slip up against Cardiff and Sunderland midweek. /QUOTE]

They have no cups or Europe to distract them and are carrying good momentum going into the last stage of the season. Their destiny is still very much in their hands. It certainly is the most intriguing finish to a season in years

ocred
21-03-14, 14:33
at the moment liverpools destiny isn't in their own hands, im not saying they wont win it, but they need man city to slip up and drop points. But as u say it should be an intriguing finish to the season. With a few twists and turns to come yet.

But the way the season has gone you cannot see anyone going through to the end without dropping points. It will be a case of who drops the least

ocred
21-03-14, 14:58
Here's the remaining fixture for the contenders. Impossible to call. For now at least City and Liverpool have the advantage of just have the league to concentrate on.

Man City
Fulham (H)
Arsenal (A)
Southampton (A)
Liverpool (A)
West Brom (H)
Crstal Palace (A)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)

Arsenal
Chelsea (A)
Man City (H)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)
Hull (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Brom (H)
Norwich (A)

Liverpool
Cardiff (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man City (H)
Norwich (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)

Chelsea
Arsenal (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Stoke (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Liverpool (A)
Norwich (H)
Cardiff (A)

reflex
22-03-14, 13:10
Chelsea 3 - 0 up already and against 10 men as well. This could get ugly, very ugly.

ocred
22-03-14, 13:26
Chelsea 3 - 0 up already and against 10 men as well. This could get ugly, very ugly.

Could be a long second half for them

Jaygoodtimes
22-03-14, 15:24
Wonder does anybody agree with me on Arsenal now. Fucking shambolic...17 goals conceded against liverpool chelsea and city..Wow...We must be the biggest laughing stock of a team In world football, I fucking dare for somebody to say different?

Wenger enough is enough, leave and let us move forward.

AbsoluteNoob
22-03-14, 18:22
Wonder does anybody agree with me on Arsenal now. Fucking shambolic...17 goals conceded against liverpool chelsea and city..Wow...We must be the biggest laughing stock of a team In world football, I fucking dare for somebody to say different?

Eh, Champions, 7th place, no CL football for the foreseeable future (Bayern will decimate us) etc, I think we have it worse.

blueberry
22-03-14, 18:26
What a goal for United

mooneboy
22-03-14, 18:29
Here's the remaining fixture for the contenders. Impossible to call. For now at least City and Liverpool have the advantage of just have the league to concentrate on.

Man City
Fulham (H)
Arsenal (A)
Southampton (A)
Liverpool (A)
West Brom (H)
Crstal Palace (A)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)

Arsenal
Chelsea (A)
Man City (H)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)
Hull (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Brom (H)
Norwich (A)

Liverpool
Cardiff (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man City (H)
Norwich (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)

Chelsea
Arsenal (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Stoke (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Liverpool (A)
Norwich (H)
Cardiff (A)
somethings wrong there mate cos Liverpool have sunderland to play Wednesday night !

jtdale
22-03-14, 22:08
Rooneys goal was redonk

ocred
22-03-14, 22:15
somethings wrong there mate cos Liverpool have sunderland to play Wednesday night !

Indeed they do.... my bad

ocred
22-03-14, 22:39

Serious fuck up by the ref sending off Gibbs instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain:eek:

ocred
22-03-14, 23:42
Feckin midweek games:D

Man City
Man Utd (A)
Arsenal (A)
Southampton (A)
Liverpool (A)
Sunderland (H)
West Brom (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Everton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (H)

Arsenal
Swansea (H)
Man City (H)
Everton (A)
West Ham (H)
Hull (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Brom (H)
Norwich (A)

Liverpool
Sunderland (H)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man City (H)
Norwich (A)
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Newcastle (H)

Chelsea
Crystal Palace (A)
Stoke (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Liverpool (A)
Norwich (H)
Cardiff (A)

ocred
22-03-14, 23:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMycJey9LI8

Morpheus
23-03-14, 00:34
Well it looks like Arsenal are out of the title race!

Chelsea is sitting pretty at the top with Liverpool in second. But Man City have 3 games in hand!!

My bet is on Chelsea. Purely because the Special One is such a smug bastard!!:p

westcorklad
24-03-14, 14:20
I still think the title race is between Chelsea and Man City. Liverpool are scoring plenty of goals but are conceding a lot of sloppy ones as well and I fear that will cost them a top two place. Arsenal will be fighting with them for third place with Spurs,Everton and Man Utd chasing fifth place.My prediction for the top 7 at the end of the season is ;
Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Man Utd
Everton

corm
24-03-14, 19:05
My thoughts are that the entire season rests on three games now.

Man Utd v Man City
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Liverpool vs Man City.

If Man U beat City and Liverpool win the two games at home then I think the league is ours. That being said we folded in 2009 while being in a great position as well.

To be honest I just want Champions League football and to keep Suarez so fourth is fine be me.

PaddyDaddy
25-03-14, 10:36
To be honest I just want Champions League football and to keep Suarez so fourth is fine be me.

The manner in which Liverpool are playing this year I feel Liverpool fans should expect more than 4th. They are outstanding. Much better than 2009, the year Rafa ranted about facts. They should make top 3. Deserve top 2. And it would be brilliant if they got the top spot!

If they fail in anyway this year it will because of that dodgy defense. Any team is capable of breaking it down and scoring against it. They just better be on form against Chelsea and City!

Yes they can strengthen next year, and have a go then, but they will need to find strength in depth as they will have CL to contend with as well. This is their best chance at a title, as they should be the freshest team challenging. City have the games in hand to make up and Chelsea the CL.

Liverpool really should be targeting to win all their remaining games. Always a difficult ask to go on such a run but they should be capable of doing it IMO.

Martin Ward
25-03-14, 15:45
Just trying not to get too excited.

I think if we win our last eight we win the title. We could maybe do it with a seven wins and a draw if we beat City and Chelsea

Clyde
25-03-14, 15:48
According to united fans they're on the up now,

They won 2 games in a row ..... Wow

westcorklad
25-03-14, 15:52
The manner in which Liverpool are playing this year I feel Liverpool fans should expect more than 4th. They are outstanding. Much better than 2009, the year Rafa ranted about facts. They should make top 3. Deserve top 2. And it would be brilliant if they got the top spot!

If they fail in anyway this year it will because of that dodgy defense. Any team is capable of breaking it down and scoring against it. They just better be on form against Chelsea and City!

Yes they can strengthen next year, and have a go then, but they will need to find strength in depth as they will have CL to contend with as well. This is their best chance at a title, as they should be the freshest team challenging. City have the games in hand to make up and Chelsea the CL.

Liverpool really should be targeting to win all their remaining games. Always a difficult ask to go on such a run but they should be capable of doing it IMO.

I hope you are right but have serious reservations about it.
I fear that Chelsea will be able to counter the attacking threat of Suarez and Sturridge and with Liverpools shaky defence they may well take all three points.Same with Man City.The rest of their games all appear winnable but that may not be enough for a top two place come May.

PaddyDaddy
25-03-14, 16:05
[/B]

I hope you are right but have serious reservations about it.
I fear that Chelsea will be able to counter the attacking threat of Suarez and Sturridge and with Liverpools shaky defence they may well take all three points.Same with Man City.The rest of their games all appear winnable but that may not be enough for a top two place come May.

Look to the away games at Xmas against City and Chelsea. Liverpool should have been able to take something from both especially that City game! They should have won that IMO and at Anfield one should expect them to perform better. Liverpool can win those games. No doubt. Its just not a foregone conclusion

Liverpools title bid really is all down to how the defense performs in those games (barring a return to Liverpool slipping up against the lesser teams). Lets hope Mignolet can play out of his skin if needs be.

Liverpool are definitely in a strong position currently to outscore both City and Chelsea the way I see it, but its going to be very close. They just better not screw up against Sunderland, Spurs or West Ham in the meantime.

MR-LOVA
25-03-14, 17:05
Just done a bet in PaddyPower,ManCity Arsenal and Everton all to win @7/1 special..if I win I'll have a nice week of fun :)

reflex
25-03-14, 21:44
Just done a bet in PaddyPower,ManCity Arsenal and Everton all to win @7/1 special..if I win I'll have a nice week of fun :)

Never bet on Arsenal, unless you're betting on them to lose a big game which is a certainty :lmao:

MR-LOVA
25-03-14, 21:55

Never bet on Arsenal, unless you're betting on them to lose a big game which is a certainty :lmao:

Ahhhh I hate arsenal :(

westcorklad
25-03-14, 23:26
maybe u will be right with your predictions wcl, and it wil probably get easier to make predictions as the games run out. But i dont think man utd wil finish above everton. And will arsenal even finish in the top four?

After tonight`s results I really don't know.That prediction might come back to haunt me. I really thought that Arsenal would beat Swansea and that Newcastle would get something against Everton. I still think my top three teams forecast will come true though.

Clyde
29-03-14, 19:52
Good news for liverpool fans, city drop points against arsenal. So a good day overall for liverpool.

Jesus what a day I never expected Chelsea to loose or the draw and there's no guarantee Liverpool will win tomorrow either... What a season and it just keeps going ehh ..

ber
29-03-14, 21:42
This is getting very tight, seeing as how Liverpool must play both Chelsea and Man City yet, it makes the 2 points they dropped against West Brom with that suicide pass take on a new significance. Could it prove to be a very costly error indeed. Time will
tell, even at the moment if u added 2 points to Liverpol it gives the table a different complexion and u would say the race was
between themselves and City

islandboy1
30-03-14, 08:42
I think MAN CITY TO WIN best squad in the league Chelsea second and liverpool close third

ocred
31-03-14, 21:27
Most of the talk is about who wil win the league, and we still dont know that. But who do u think will get relegated? I think fulham and cardiff wil definetly go down. The other place imo is between sunderland and west brom.

Bad loss for Sunderland tonight

westcorklad
31-03-14, 21:46
Most of the talk is about who wil win the league, and we still dont know that. But who do u think will get relegated? I think fulham and cardiff wil definetly go down. The other place imo is between sunderland and west brom.

I think Fulham are certain to be relegated. They have been chopping and changing their managers all season and have very little to show for it. Cardiff play Crystal Palace next weekend and if they lose that game I think they will go down as well.

The third team is still unsure.Sunderland have games in hand but face a tough run in so things don't look good for them. The home defeat by West Ham tonight could be fatal. At this point even the Hammers are still not safe so there are a lot of crucial games ahead over the next few weeks.

BTW it looks as though Leicester will be promoted from the Championship with any of seven other teams joining them.

bigmickey69
31-03-14, 22:03
Garry Nevilles thoughts on liverpool vs man city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLMYJTcczQ

wakka
31-03-14, 22:14
Garry Nevilles thoughts on liverpool vs man city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLMYJTcczQ

Quality, as a lifelong Liverpool fan I hated Neville as a player but as a pundit etc he is good and I think very unbiased. Him and Carragher seem to have a good rapport.

westcorklad
07-04-14, 12:22
Norwich sack manager chris hughton, their results werent great recently, but to me its a strange decision with jst 5 games left and they are 5pts clear of relegation. But i suppose survival in the pl is of the utmost importance. But what changes can a new manager make n jst 5 games.

Good question. Adams has a good record at underage level but the Premier League is a massive step up for him. I think the Norwich board are panicking. They play Fulham next week which is really the only game that they look likely to get something from and after that they face top six teams all the way to the end of season. Could work or could be a disaster.

thehighwayman
07-04-14, 12:46
They shouldn't have sacked Hughton at this stage of the season. Their looking at the fixtures and it's all top 6 teams their playing except Fulham. If they beat Fulham they should be ok. If they were to sack him it should have been earlier in the season. I think he's a decent manager. He done great at Newcastle. The quality of player is there at Norwich. With the team he has he has done good with them. Fulham are a mess sacking their managers. West Brom were no better either. It worked for Palace as they were dead certs to go down. That's slightly different as Hollloway left himself.

thehighwayman
07-04-14, 12:49
With Arsenal well and truly out of it I would like to see Liverpool win the title. A 25 year wait and the great management of Rodgers they deserve it. Any other team would have been out of it. They were right out of it after Christmas with defeats to City and Chelsea. It's some going to win as many games as they did in a row and to get into this position. If only Arsenal had the same appetite!

westcorklad
07-04-14, 12:57
With Arsenal well and truly out of it I would like to see Liverpool win the title. A 25 year wait and the great management of Rodgers they deserve it. Any other team would have been out of it. They were right out of it after Christmas with defeats to City and Chelsea. It's some going to win as many games as they did in a row and to get into this position. If only Arsenal had the same appetite!

To be fair Arsenal have had some awful record of injuries to key players in the last few weeks but Wenger seems set in his ways regarding not strengthening the squad. If they don't win the FA Cup and finish outside the top four I think his time as manager may be up.

thehighwayman
07-04-14, 14:45
Very bad luck with injuries the last few years. But that shouldn't be an excuse. The players filling in should be good enough. Their missing Walcotts pace and Ramseys runs 7 goals. At least Ramsey is back. I don't know why Bnabry doesn't play more. He can do Walcotts role. He's very fast and has impressed every time he's played. Even with injuries their paying the price for not buying another striker.

bigmickey69
14-04-14, 01:37
u know liverpool look like they have momentum and luck so i wouldn't be surprised if they win the EPL title this season . Man city and Chelsea look like they could draw or lose one yet .

westcorklad
14-04-14, 13:17
So its advantage liverpool in the title race. Surely they wil go on to win it now. Or wil there be another twist in the few games that are left.

Nothing has been won yet:there could well be a twist or two still to come. Man City have to go to Goodison and I think Everton could get at least a draw. Liverpool still have to play Chelsea at Anfield and there is a lot of history there obviously. Also they have to play Palace away and, as Chelsea found out,that could be a banana skin. Fingers crossed but no celebrations yet.

westcorklad
14-04-14, 13:36
So the most important game of the season is on sunday, liverpool v man city. Theres a fair chance that the winners of this game wil go on to win the league, but if its a draw then chelsea are back in it again. There should be plenty of goals n this game, so ile go for liverpool to win 3-2. How do you think it will go?.

Great prediction. I hope you had a few euro on it.

Danny2011
16-04-14, 20:55
Crazy games tonight who would have given Sunderland a chance of getting a point at the etihad and almost won it, Liverpool can now afford to draw a game but Chelsea right back in it too

Liverpool away at palace is looking like a tough game too

Martin Ward
17-04-14, 09:19
So now your'e gonna believe us........

Seriously, we are in a great position. Beat Norwich, Palace and Newcastle, draw against Chelsea and it is ours. But we need to play with full intensity in every game...no slip ups.

It's all about Norwich

j81
17-04-14, 09:22

Seriously, we are in a great position. Beat Norwich, Palace and Newcastle, draw against Chelsea and it is ours. But we need to play with full intensity in every game...no slip ups.

It's all about Norwich

henderson is going to big loss for those games ....... 2 seasons ago id have never thought id be saying that

Martin Ward
17-04-14, 09:24
henderson is going to big loss for those games ....... 2 seasons ago id have never thought id be saying that

Huge loss...turned to Mrs Mod and after 93 minutes and said that is going to be a huge bloody problem, but let's deal with one problem at a time (free kick comes in, Skrtel handballs)

Thankfully, ever since the Southampton game, Allen has been awesome....still a big loss though as Hendo has been exceptional

j81
17-04-14, 09:40
Huge loss...turned to Mrs Mod and after 93 minutes and said that is going to be a huge bloody problem, but let's deal with one problem at a time (free kick comes in, Skrtel handballs)

Thankfully, ever since the Southampton game, Allen has been awesome....still a big loss though as Hendo has been exceptional

hopefully borini might play a part yet on saturday , especially as its against his old club

Clyde
17-04-14, 09:49

It's all about Norwich

The Chelsea game is the key I am a Chelsea supporter but as I said before it won't displease me if Liverpool win the league it's been a long time for the fans. Liverpool have shown great spirit this season going down to the wire is the best result for real football fans.

Danny2011
17-04-14, 11:13
Beating Palace away might be a tougher ask than drawing with Chelsea at anfield, Pulis has done an incredible job with them....hopefully now they're safe they'll coast a bit but doubt Pulis will let them slack off too much

Martin Ward
17-04-14, 11:28
Beating Palace away might be a tougher ask than drawing with Chelsea at anfield, Pulis has done an incredible job with them....hopefully now they're safe they'll coast a bit but doubt Pulis will let them slack off too much

Exact debate I was having with a United mate last night. I said they may be on their deck chairs, he said Pulis would never allow that

westcorklad
17-04-14, 12:24
Yes, strange results n both of tonights games, sunderland are a bit of a bogey team for city. Also palace are playing well now, and hard to beat. Tony pulis has done a great job with them. There's more twists and turns n the league this season than n the yellow brick road. And its not over yet.

Indeed its not. Man City have to play Palace away the week before Liverpool go there. More shocks in store??????

westcorklad
17-04-14, 12:42

Palace could be facing disciplinary action from the Premier League concerning the Cardiff game a few weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27062091

westcorklad
17-04-14, 12:51

It's all about Norwich

Whatever may happen in the other games, I can`t see Liverpool slipping up against Norwich. Even in the past few seasons the Reds and Suarez in particular have handed out some real hammerings to the Canaries, and given the current situation I don't see that changing on Sunday.

PaddyDaddy
17-04-14, 15:15
Liverpool have just beaten City. City have just dropped points to Sunderland! Liverpool are expected to kill Norwich. Look what they have done in recent games against them and what they have done to better teams this season. Norwich are in crisis. Just got rid of their manager. Lost last week to a relegation rival. Hovering just above the drop.

Easy win Liverpool!

My arse! Its an away game against a team fighting for their lives. One thing it will not be is easy. Just ask City or Chelsea what is it like to play teams in danger at this time of the season.

All games Liverpool have left have the potential for points dropping. Including the Newcastle one if its a stress ball game they have to win to win the title.

Danny2011
17-04-14, 20:13
Palace could be facing disciplinary action from the Premier League concerning the Cardiff game a few weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27062091

Can't see anything coming from this sounds like more nonsense from Tan.......how hard would it have been to predict 9 of Cardiff team anyway

ocred
19-04-14, 18:36
Liverpool's to lose now definitely

wakka
19-04-14, 20:01
What an interview by jose, imo he should jst have taken their defeat like a man and get on with it. But he couldnt do that.

I used to like Jose and thought he was funny and the way he answered some questions was great.....but now i just think he is the most arrogant big headed prick around...no matter what happens its all about him.

Danny2011
19-04-14, 21:15
Crazy week of results....what are the odds on Norwich following on by beating lpool tomorrow...... Sunderland Cardiff game is perfectly set up now too

bigmickey69
20-04-14, 01:58
Liverpool's to lose now definitely
unfortunately i think you are right . :vomit:
at least there's the world cup to look forward to

ted111
21-04-14, 23:48
believe, believe, beleive! simple, head up always!

PaddyDaddy
22-04-14, 08:19
If Liverpool loose to Chelsea this weekend (very possible) its Man Citys to throw away. Amazing to think that considering Liverpool just won 11 in a row!

Martin Ward
22-04-14, 10:57
If Liverpool loose to Chelsea this weekend (very possible) its Man Citys to throw away. Amazing to think that considering Liverpool just won 11 in a row!

Agreed.

Still, with City going to Palace and Everton in the next week, I wouldn't put my house on City getting full points.

But this talk that we have already won is annoying. We need to finish the job

Danny2011
23-04-14, 09:33
Cech and Terry will be a loss for Chelsea on Sunday.

Lampard suspended for second leg vs Athletico good chance he will play, good news for lpool I don't think he has the mobility now to deal with lpool players in there

westcorklad
24-04-14, 12:58
More mind games from Mourinho concerning the team that will play against Liverpool on Sunday. If he does actually field a seriously understrength side I don't think Man City will be too happy. I think that the game will end in a draw which would be an acceptable result for the Reds.

Clyde
24-04-14, 13:16
More mind games from Mourinho concerning the team that will play against Liverpool on Sunday. If he does actually field a seriously understrength side I don't think Man City will be too happy. I think that the game will end in a draw which would be an acceptable result for the Reds.

I never believe what Mourinho says as you say its all mind games and he's the master, the ball is in Liverpools court but not till the fat lady sings.

Martin Ward
25-04-14, 09:01
I never believe what Mourinho says as you say its all mind games and he's the master, the ball is in Liverpools court but not till the fat lady sings.

We just have to play with intensity, whether he puts out a full strength team, or the under 15's.

We do that, we get a result

Clyde
27-04-14, 15:10
2-0 to chelsea. The title race goes on. U jst have to give mourinho credit. He has now beaten liverpool and city both home and away.

Yep what a result for the blues Liverpool are far better so the tactic was to stop the play and break, can't see why other teams can't see it cuming Jose has been playing it down all week we could see it but that's football. I really enjoyed the game.

NoBrain2
27-04-14, 22:20
Great win for Sunderland, now out of the bottom 3. Looks like Liverpool are going to need a favor from Everton haha

westcorklad
29-04-14, 17:45
Great win for Sunderland, now out of the bottom 3. Looks like Liverpool are going to need a favor from Everton haha

Everton will be doing themselves a favour should they take points off Man City on Saturday.They still have a slight chance of finishing 4th should Arsenal slip up in their last two games.City have a poor record at Goodison so who knows what might happen.

westcorklad
29-04-14, 17:47
I don't like Chelsea but Jose got it spot on today.Liverpool had no idea how to break them down and no plan B.

Agreed.Mourinho is an arrogant prick but he got his tactics spot on against Liverpool.So down to the wire for the title race it seems.

ocred
03-05-14, 16:40
Cracking goal from Barkley...game on!!!

ocred
03-05-14, 18:29
Finished 3-2. No CL football for Everton which also means Hull are in Europe regardless of how the Cup final goes

aml
05-05-14, 20:49
Well now,its looks like liverpool have blown it right at the death. 3-3

ocred
05-05-14, 20:57
Well now,its looks like liverpool have blown it right at the death. 3-3

Unreal finish to the game. Fair dues to Palace

ocred
05-05-14, 21:23
Or are there more twists left yet n the title race.

Even considering the season so far, you can't see City losing it from here

Jaygoodtimes
05-05-14, 21:34
What a match that was, I don't think Palace deserved to lose that anyway, great fightback !

Kildare Gentleman
05-05-14, 22:29
im delighted for Palace tonight

ocred
07-05-14, 19:39
0-0 at half time with city and villa. City finding it very hard to break villa down. The longer it stays 0-0, the more nervous city will get. Still hope for liverpool.

Am I the only one who thinks Villa will nick one on the break?

ocred
07-05-14, 20:34
Turned out to be a walk in the park for them

westcorklad
07-05-14, 21:22
So its all over bar the last touches on Sunday. Man City have deserved their title, the second in 3 years and they will be there or thereabouts for years to come I would think. Liverpool gave it a real go but in the end their leaky defence has cost them. I just hope they get the point they need against Newcastle to be sure of second place as it would be a real sickener to not get that consolation. Serious changes to be made defensively over the summer if they want to have a realistic chance of winning the league in the near future.

Congrats also to Sunderland for escaping relegation. They looked certain to go down just a month ago but Poyet has really inspired them with some of the results they have got against the top teams. Norwich Fulham and Cardiff are all relegated after recently changing their managers which obviously didn't help them. Leicester Burnley and whichever team comes through from the playoffs will have their work cut out next season to survive in the top flight but as Hull and Crystal Palace have shown it can be done. I think Tony Pulis deserves the manager of the year award but it will probably go to Pellegrini.

dan8808
11-05-14, 12:01
might not win but they definitely will not lose.

ocred
11-05-14, 16:26
They will be one of the contenders next year but need to sort out their defending

westcorklad
12-05-14, 12:57
City win 2-0, liverpool win 2-1. City are champions. Liverpool fought bravely and have improved greatly since finishing 7th last season. They wil probably look back on the games against west brom and palace, where they dropped points from winning positions, that have cost them winning the pl.

They also lost to Southampton at home and Hull away during the season. Really though I think Chelsea are the biggest losers considering the points they dropped against so called weak teams. Anyway congrats again to Man City and now just the FA Cup Final and playoffs to come before the club season ends.

PaddyDaddy
12-05-14, 15:52
For me its the points dropped at West Brom and against Villa at home that are the killer for Liverpool. Yes the SG slip plays its part but it was a one off error that Chelsea took advantage of. The West Brom and Villa games were weak ass performances.

Many mention the Palace game as one where the Pool blew it when they were 3 up and only drew and although that did show a naiveté it had no impact on the title as far as Im concerned. The title was lost after the Chelsea game and had Liverpool won the Palace game 3-0 they still would have lost the league.

The fact is Liverpool needed to win 13 and draw one of their last 14 games to win the league. The fact they came so close to doing that is very impressive, but alas they only won 12 drew 1 and lost 1, and so in the last 14 games it is down to that slip and the fact they could not break down the Chelsea defense at home

City by comparison won 10, drew 3 and lost 1. Chelsea won 9, drew 2 and lost 3

It was a great run in to a season

ocred
14-05-14, 22:10
Spurs sack Sherwood. They seem to have a replacement in mind.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27219049

aml
14-05-14, 22:18
Spurs sack Sherwood. They seem to have a replacement in mind.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27219049

Whats the point of constantly sacking coaches and debeor will be no exception when he finishes outside the top 4,spurs are at best a top 6-7 club no more and i just don't get that they expect to be challenging for a top4 place on a regular basis,they ahve only been in the CL once.

ocred
14-05-14, 22:26
Whats the point of constantly sacking coaches and debeor will be no exception when he finishes outside the top 4,spurs are at best a top 6-7 club no more and i just don't get that they expect to be challenging for a top4 place on a regular basis,they ahve only been in the CL once.

I know it's getting ridiculous