PDA

View Full Version : push up pains

tomlittle
18-01-14, 18:56
i was back doing push-ups there but developed both pains in my wrists and elbows,
I decided to give them up for a while,i have not done any for 3 weeks but still have the pain,
Never had this before, anybody else ever experienced this or similar

InViCtUs
18-01-14, 19:16
i was back doing push-ups there but developed both pains in my wrists and elbows,
I decided to give them up for a while,i have not done any for 3 weeks but still have the pain,

It could be your joints lad. Go to quacks see if they can shed any light as to what it could be. Don't take any painkillers just seek expert advice, hope u get sorted. Nothing like being frustrated

blueberry
18-01-14, 23:39

Are you doing stretches drink plenty water and have protein shakes for recovery that's what I do

InViCtUs
19-01-14, 00:04
Blueberry is right. If it's muscle-tissue damage then the protein will help rebuild the damage. Without a doubt still go seek medical help. Also in your everyday life try and rest the sore areas.

tomlittle
19-01-14, 01:00
I seen the doctor, told them what i was doing and she didnt rightly know what it was, but give me painkillers and have to go back in few weeks...seems the push ups were putting too much strain on the joints as both elbows etc affected

InViCtUs
19-01-14, 06:55
I seen the doctor, told them what i was doing and she didnt rightly know what it was, but give me painkillers and have to go back in few weeks...seems the push ups were putting too much strain on the joints as both elbows etc affected

It does not surprise me in the slightest! Docs answer to most patients problems,just give them tablets. No wonder they had to recall heaps of prescribed Drugs. At one stage the dealers were pushing them to kids. People suffering from depression. It's not much of a shock. Quote I've heard which is true "the world is fine, the people are fucked."

Westsidex
19-01-14, 10:36

theres nothing wrong with you so I wouldnt waste money or time with doctors. For the wrists stretch the hands and make a fist and do the push ups on your knuckles for now. That will defo sort your wrists. For elbows stretching again ,doing friction massage with your thumbs and playing around with your width. When your doing pressing or push ups tuck your elbows into your sides when doing them. Dont have them flared out. There is nothing wrong with you only your flexibility and mobility for what your trying to do is shit. Work on this and ice or take some anti inflams and youll be fine.

Westside.

tomlittle
19-01-14, 17:55
theres nothing wrong with you so I wouldnt waste money or time with doctors. For the wrists stretch the hands and make a fist and do the push ups on your knuckles for now. That will defo sort your wrists. For elbows stretching again ,doing friction massage with your thumbs and playing around with your width. When your doing pressing or push ups tuck your elbows into your sides when doing them. Dont have them flared out. There is nothing wrong with you only your flexibility and mobility for what your trying to do is shit. Work on this and ice or take some anti inflams and youll be fine.

Westside.

thanks but didnt want to aggravate them further till the pain went away, elbows are painful when you touch the bone,
i actually purchased push up stands over a week ago too there hoping the pain would have been gone by this so i could use them

Westsidex
20-01-14, 09:29
thanks but didnt want to aggravate them further till the pain went away, elbows are painful when you touch the bone,
i actually purchased push up stands over a week ago too there hoping the pain would have been gone by this so i could use them

Its elbow tendonitis. Inflammation of one of the tendons in the elbow. stretch them, ice them, take anti inflams and dont do what hurts a lot. What I mean by what hurts a lot is your going to have pain for a while but its a balancing act. It will go away with time. For the moment do what I said and change your outlook because your more pre occupied with the pain than doing what you can. In case I forget you say elbows
so its not an injury but a condition. IF you think push ups are making it worse then drop them for a while and do barbell or dumbell presses etc.

Westside.

Westsidex
20-01-14, 09:33

FFs get a new doctor. Its anti inflams is what you want , not painkillers. Ask some doc for diffene capsules.

Westside.

Maclochlanne
21-01-14, 16:42
Push up stands work well. The perfect push-up works better As it also rotates shoulder and avoids repetitive stress to joints

tomlittle
23-01-14, 01:21
Its elbow tendonitis. Inflammation of one of the tendons in the elbow. stretch them, ice them, take anti inflams and dont do what hurts a lot. What I mean by what hurts a lot is your going to have pain for a while but its a balancing act. It will go away with time. For the moment do what I said and change your outlook because your more pre occupied with the pain than doing what you can. In case I forget you say elbows
so its not an injury but a condition. IF you think push ups are making it worse then drop them for a while and do barbell or dumbell presses etc.

Westside.

Thanks I will give the push ups another go with the stands next week, just didnt want to cause further harm but its good to know

tomlittle
16-02-14, 19:09
ok started back doing push ups last monday now using push up stands but actually these caused me more pain,looks like i will have to stop doing these altogether now and do dumbell presses

Westsidex
17-02-14, 10:48
ok started back doing push ups last monday now using push up stands but actually these caused me more pain,looks like i will have to stop doing these altogether now and do dumbell presses

thats elbow tendonitis. I have a bit of it at the mo and just work around it although right now im getting away with working through it. Ill play it by ear. either switch exercises or have a sort of pain level thats acceptable to you.

Westside.

Budfox
17-02-14, 16:59
My bro is a gym fanatic and he had to start taking fish oils because he was having sore joints like you. First i would go get it seen to first make sure there is no damage there.

funlover12
17-02-14, 17:52
FFs get a new doctor. Its anti inflams is what you want , not painkillers. Ask some doc for diffene capsules.

Westside.

I t hought shit doctors were just a myth. wow thats all I have to say, but then again theyre not physios so

Westsidex
17-02-14, 19:26

I forgot to mention as well try a thumbless grip on push ups and see if that helps. A thumbless grip is no thumb around the bar.

and ingest your fish oils,:rolleyes:
Westside.