Martin Ward
24-12-13, 10:48
Happy, happy, happy!

DickSeaman
24-12-13, 10:54
good going so far

wakka
24-12-13, 14:09
As a Liverppol fan...will we win the league???...probably not, but we have give ourselves a chance, plus one hell of a chance of getting into the top 4.

I wasn't a skeptic nor was I a fan of Brendan but can honestly say now he has won me over, now we just need to see what reinforcements we get in January.

ocred
24-12-13, 14:46
Not having Europe as a distraction just might work in their favour.

Dub Lad
24-12-13, 15:31
Not having Europe as a distraction just might work in their favour.

I don't know being at top on christmas or being in the knock out stages of a champions league, wouldn't call it a distraction, they've beaten west ham, cardiff, norwich and tottenham not exactly setting the world on fire but tomorrow, is a big test, last year Liverpool could beat all the teams underneath them but struggled against the top teams (you can check that) BUT if liverpool can beat the big teams then I don't see why they can't win it, Arsenal look like their on their downward wabble, utd are consistent but not exactly rippin' up teams. Chelsea are doing the job it's just city tearing away, dare I say this could be liverpools year! While in League 1 tranmere struggle /sigh

yesyes
25-12-13, 03:59
2 big games for Liverpool coming up Man City and Chelsea both away

thumbles
25-12-13, 08:06
Joint top and don't give me dat auld veal about goals either :D on a positive the pool have given them selves a great chance they usually 7/8 in previous years and tryin to play catch up but not this year there next two games will tell and suarez won't keep scoring the way he is so who will step up

redforever
25-12-13, 08:15
Yes its a lovely Christmas present just lets hope they can keep going
would be happy with a champions league spot at end of season and maybe kick on from there

thumbles
27-12-13, 04:26
where are all the pool posters ?
Seen lots of city boys tonite singing
Must be somthin goin on ?

ocred
27-12-13, 10:47
Thought they were very unlucky yesterday but still they aren't getting results against the top teams

Clyde
29-12-13, 18:07
4 days later there are 5th .....

reflex
29-12-13, 18:33
Lost against Arsenal, City and now Chelsea, drew against Everton and won against Spurs. But the good thing is, all those games were away from home and yet they're only 6 points behind. They now only play at home against the big teams (bar United).

City still have to play Arsenal away, Liverpool away, Spurs away, Everton away, United away and we all know how poor they've been away from home. Arsenal and Chelsea also still have several away games against the big teams still to play. Liverpool definitely still in with a shout at the title.

MarkY91
29-12-13, 19:39
we played the whole top 7 away from home except united, we were cheated in the last 2 games. im confident we will win most of the home games against the top 7 in 2014 and get 4th at least :)

Clyde
29-12-13, 21:15
Don't jinx it mate! I'd be happy with champions league.

I would hope so

NoBrain2
31-12-13, 02:42
Id love to see Everton finish higher than them, Martinez doing a great job

ocred
31-12-13, 13:04
Id love to see Everton finish higher than them, Martinez doing a great job

Depends if they can hold on to key players in January. Man City sniffing after Barkley and Baines apparently. I wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Coleman either the way he's been playing lately

NoBrain2
31-12-13, 15:26
Depends if they can hold on to key players in January. Man City sniffing after Barkley and Baines apparently. I wouldn't be surprised to see interest in Coleman either the way he's been playing lately
He said today that Baines and Barkley are staying, let's wait and see. How many managers have said that about their players in the past lol. Hope they can hold on to them though

Morpheus
30-03-14, 18:31
Out played spurs today. It's in their own hands now!

Desperate performance by Spurs!!

Liverpool on fire. They deserve to be on top. Man City still has two games in hand.

After Chelsea's defeat yesterday, I think it's between Liverpool and Man City now. We'll see who has the stronger nerve.

An exciting finish to the premier league for once!

PaddyDaddy
30-03-14, 22:02
City are still favorite and I would not be too quick to ignore Chelsea. 6 more games for the Pool is a big ask but they have a great chance

rosa the gent
30-03-14, 22:47
I agree city very strong with two games in hand, but a very good win today all the same for the pool, didn't show any nerves at all and 6games left makes it very interesting and chelsea are still in it to wouldn't count them out either. Brendan Rodgers manager of the season. COME ON THE ON POOL. YNWA

westcorklad
31-03-14, 16:18
Desperate performance by Spurs!!

Liverpool on fire. They deserve to be on top. Man City still has two games in hand.

After Chelsea's defeat yesterday, I think it's between Liverpool and Man City now. We'll see who has the stronger nerve.

An exciting finish to the premier league for once!

Well I don't think it could be any more exciting than the win for Man City with the last kick of the season in 2012.

Anyhow there could be a few more twists in the last few weeks of the season. I would not rule any club in the top five out just yet,Everton are on a great run of form at the moment and both City and Arsenal have yet to go to Goodison. Still a lot of points to play for.

ManHold
31-03-14, 17:32
[/B]

Well I don't think it could be any more exciting than the win for Man City with the last kick of the season in 2012.

Anyhow there could be a few more twists in the last few weeks of the season. I would not rule any club in the top five out just yet,Everton are on a great run of form at the moment and both City and Arsenal have yet to go to Goodison. Still a lot of points to play for.

Arsenal and everton don't have a flying hope in hell of winning the title

PaddyDaddy
31-03-14, 22:49
[/B]

WTF?? Serious? Its all about the top 3 fella. You may be the only person on the planet that thinks otherwise.

westcorklad
31-03-14, 22:55
WTF?? Serious? Its all about the top 3 fella. You may be the only person on the planet that thinks otherwise.

Maybe so but stranger things have happened.
I have posted elsewhere on these boards who I thought would be the top 7 teams at the end of the season so look that up if you want to. All Im saying is that nothing is a foregone conclusion. It aint over till the fat lady sings.

PaddyDaddy
01-04-14, 21:01
Maybe so but stranger things have happened.
I have posted elsewhere on these boards who I thought would be the top 7 teams at the end of the season so look that up if you want to. All Im saying is that nothing is a foregone conclusion. It aint over till the fat lady sings.

Well with that "strange things have happened" logic approach lets not count out Spurs and Utd so! ;)

The title is going nowhere but to one of the top 3. No real point contemplating anything else TBH