PDA

View Full Version : David Moyes is fucked

The Bunk
07-12-13, 19:13
I can't see him lasting after Xmas he's a dead man walking.

petebriquette
07-12-13, 21:41
I am amazed at peoples reaction to Moyes. when ferguson took over Man utd he struggled at the beginning and he was one match away from the sack, he beat cloughies forest and never looked back, that was after one and a half seasons so give Moyes a chance.

aml
07-12-13, 21:57
They will give him till the end of the season at the very least,after that is anyones guess.

The Bunk
07-12-13, 23:16
I am amazed at peoples reaction to Moyes. when ferguson took over Man utd he struggled at the beginning and he was one match away from the sack, he beat cloughies forest and never looked back, that was after one and a half seasons so give Moyes a chance.

I agree but the league is worth so much managers get sacked at a whim I believe he should be given a chance after all it's a big ask to step into fergie shoes but I still think he's fucked.

Raffles
07-12-13, 23:17
Ferguson didn't take over a title winning side, he inherited a badly run outfit that had finished near the bottom of the table the previous season... David Moyes = out of his depth....

2camp
07-12-13, 23:20
if he can keep them in the top four he will be doing very well i think

dongdong
07-12-13, 23:52
Here's hoping the remaining 5 and half years continue as the 1st 6 months have turned out. Moyes must stay.

Raffles
07-12-13, 23:56
#moyes4life :D

Bambam1
08-12-13, 00:02
1 more loss this year and hes gone i think the borussia dortmund manager would of bin a better choice he would of brough a few players with him like reus and lewandowski

lovethegirls
08-12-13, 00:06
UTD should have gone for Jose although im thankful they went for Moyes as we got Roberto:)

Raffles
08-12-13, 00:10
Jürgen Klopp was too smart to take the poisoned chalice of Man U after Fergie retired, a non existent midfield and debt ridden club with the shadow of the clubs greatest manager hovering over your every decision isn't appealing to an up an coming maverick manager of Klopp's pedigree.....

lovethegirls
08-12-13, 00:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IgJbMTYsnE

flynn purewall
08-12-13, 00:24
I think he'll come good, just needs a chance to prove himself.

Raffles
08-12-13, 00:25
Ha Ha very good

Morpheus
08-12-13, 00:33
All the blame seems to fall at the feet of the managers these days??:confused: But it's the players that are on the pitch! And they are the ones getting the mega bucks!!

Constantly changing managers is never going to be the solution. Take Sunderland for example. Unless you have the players, they're never going to come up with the goods. Andthe players have to perform.

I'm not a United fan and have been bitterly envious of their success over the years. So I'd be delighted if Moyes gets the sack, and Man U keeps changing managers like Man City. I don't they'll ever get back their former complete dominance, if that happened.

Moyes needs to be given two seasons (see what Breanda Rodgers has done at Liverpool). But if he gets sacked before that, it's United's loss (and everyone else's gain).

westcorklad
08-12-13, 18:23
David Moyes tried for 11 years to get Everton higher than Man Utd in the league table. Seems like he has finally succeeded.

BTW I don't believe there is any chance of him being sacked this season. He will be given at least a year to improve league results at the club. Remember they are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League and that's where the real big bucks are.

ber
08-12-13, 18:42
Moyes was always going to be under more pressure than when Ferguson took over because of the success of the Club in
recent years. My feeling would be that they didnt expect him to win the premiereship in his first year in charge but also
they didnt expect to be mid table and struggling, what a difference 12 months makes a full turn around Rooney is the
main man,not Van Persie and its Van Persie that has rumblings of discontent.
Failing to win the premiership wont lose Moyes his job but if he fails to get a champions league spot that could be a bridge
too far and he would be under real pressure. That could be the line in the sand.
Another fact is that Moyes got huge praise for getting that Everton team to over achieve, but now Martinez seems to have
taken them to another level which takes a bit of the shine off of Moyes status there.
Finally over the last few seasons there were always only about 5 serious contendors for the Champions League spots but
this year there really are about 8 or 9 teams with a real genuine chance of fighting for the 4 places, making Moyes job
more difficult again, if they dont make up some ground over xmas it could be squeaky bum time earlier this year

lovethegirls
08-12-13, 20:37
David Moyes tried for 11 years to get Everton higher than Man Utd in the league table. Seems like he has finally succeeded.

BTW I don't believe there is any chance of him being sacked this season. He will be given at least a year to improve league results at the club. Remember they are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League and that's where the real big bucks are.

If he fails to get them into the top 4 will be interesting to see will they sack him. Top players wont go there if they dont have CL football.

aml
08-12-13, 20:45
If there is a threat that they will not make the top 4 he will be sacked,don't think many fancied them to win the league after fergies departure but the bare minimum would be making the top 4.

The D Man
10-12-13, 14:39
If there is a threat that they will not make the top 4 he will be sacked,don't think many fancied them to win the league after fergies departure but the bare minimum would be making the top 4.

Yes the bare minimum is top 4 definitely. Anything less would be a devasting blow.

shabba28
10-12-13, 18:50
He will not be sacked this season no matter what.

2camp
10-12-13, 23:08
It cant be easy for him with Alex Ferguson looking over his shoulder

Redcheif
10-12-13, 23:45
Calling your kid moyes... Because he was a mistake! :D

Bambam1
11-12-13, 16:34

fair enouh but what about next years champions league,they wont make top 4

blueberry
12-12-13, 22:36
I think fergie saw this coming and left moyes take the heat

westcorklad
27-02-14, 14:00
The odds on moyes being the next premier league manager to be sacked have gone from 14/1 to 8/11 in the last 24 hours.

As I posted some time ago I don't believe he will be sacked at least not this season. Come the summer there will be a lot of players moving out of Old Trafford (including Ferdinand, Vidic ,maybe van Persie )and a whole new squad will be in place.If there is a danger of them finishing outside the top four next season then his position could come under threat but not before then.

very shy guy
27-02-14, 14:20

You mean staying in the Premiership, it has been a shambles of a season ,in a pretty poor league again, then again Fergie won it last year with a shite team, says it all.

very shy guy
27-02-14, 14:22
As I posted some time ago I don't believe he will be sacked at least not this season. Come the summer there will be a lot of players moving out of Old Trafford (including Ferdinand, Vidic ,maybe van Persie )and a whole new squad will be in place.If there is a danger of them finishing outside the top four next season then his position could come under threat but not before then.

Agreed, there are those there that are just drawing wages, about 90% of them, Moyes has a major rebuilding job on his hands.

The D Man
27-02-14, 14:34
There are stories circulating that he has 12 matches to prove himself or he gets the bullet.

He will probably get to the end of the season. Players will leave but it could be hard to get the required quality players in.
Some of the other clubs like Chelsea, City for example could be more attractive to players looking to move.

very shy guy
27-02-14, 14:40
There are stories circulating that he has 12 matches to prove himself or he gets the bullet.

He will probably get to the end of the season. Players will leave but it could be hard to get the required quality players in.
Some of the other clubs like Chelsea, City for example could be more attractive to players looking to move.

True, very true as there will be no champions league football at old Trafford next season, even Eupropa league football ,he needs a few no nonsense players that are will to give a 100% on the pitch.

Iscibir
02-03-14, 02:39
I can't see Moyes getting the sack this season or even in the summer. I think everyone at club knows the rebuilding job that needs be done. The results have been worst than anyone would of expected but think he has be given a fair shot bring in his on players and built his own team. When he gets his own squad and still no improvement in results or even style of play pressure be mounting for him get sack then. With Bobby Charlton, Fergie and David Gill all still on the board and know what it takes make a successful team I can't see him been sacked this summer. Fergie always says publicly that managers need more time. Moyes needs time and fair crack see if he can succeed in the job

Cityman6
02-03-14, 04:36
I hope they don't sack David Moyes because that way Liverpool will beat you home and away year in year out lol

kymike
03-03-14, 19:24
My personal favourite Moyse photoshop:

shred22
04-03-14, 14:14
the funny thing is Moyes is getting slaughtered week in week out and oul Fergie is lording it up at the Oscars..
always was a poisoned chalice for whoever took over.

Budfox
07-03-14, 04:42
I hope he stays at United for a long time, the longer he is there the more long term damage he will do. I'm just sick of United winning all the time and it's nice to see them struggling for the first ever time in my life.

DrPaul
08-03-14, 16:13
Moyes is good manager. Man United won't sack him. they will give him time. It is not the united way to sack a manager after one season.

I am Liverpool fan.

jtdale
22-03-14, 22:13
Gone come the end of the season

Clyde
23-03-14, 01:18
Gone come the end of the season

7th in the league and 18 points behind can't see them gaining on that is not an improvement.