PDA

View Full Version : 2014 World Cup Draw

westcorklad
06-12-13, 17:37
Group A: Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon

Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia, Netherlands

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan.

Group D: Uruguay, England, Costa Rica, Italy

Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria

Group G: Germany, Ghana, Portugal, USA

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea.

England Group Fixtures:

England v Italy - Manaus: Sunday 15 June (02:00 BST)

Uruguay v England - Sao Paulo: Thursday 19 June (20:00 BST)

Costa Rica v England - Belo Horizonte: Tuesday 24 June (17:00 BST)

Tough enough group for England: I would say there is a fair chance they will not make the knockout stages
Also their opening game with Italy has a 2am UK time kick off, will not be too popular with the stay at home supporters.

The Bunk
06-12-13, 17:38
That's England fucked.

marsbar99
06-12-13, 17:40
BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 14m
BREAKING: The FA confirm their return flights home from Brazil for after the group stages. :ireland2::lmao:

marsbar99
06-12-13, 17:55
VIDEO: The FA Chairman Greg Dyke's reaction to England's group draw! This says it all!...
http://lockerdome.com/articles/110673412

https://vine.co/v/hxEedVgJdlQ/embed

westcorklad
06-12-13, 17:57
BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 14m
BREAKING: The FA confirm their return flights home from Brazil for after the group stages. :ireland2::lmao:

Whatever happens at least England will get to play in Brazil which is more than can be said about our wonderful team.
We live in hope for Euro 2016 I suppose.

Forrest
06-12-13, 18:19
Costa Rica v England - Belo Horizonte: Tuesday 24 June (17:00 BST)[/B]

Wouldn't it be really funny if lightning struck twice, and Costa Rica managed to beat them like the USA in 1950.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoo_oPxaso

ocred
06-12-13, 18:20
Looks like there will be a lot of naff games in the first phase

westcorklad
06-12-13, 18:28
Wouldn't it be really funny if lightning struck twice, and Costa Rica managed to beat them like the USA in 1950.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoo_oPxaso

Yeah when I saw their fixture list I thought the same thing.

westcorklad
06-12-13, 19:03
Also Group G should be interesting with the USA playing Jurgen Klinsmann`s native country. There could be an upset in that group with Ghana well capable of pulling off a surprise result against Portugal and the USA.

ocred
06-12-13, 19:23
Also Group G should be interesting with the USA playing Jurgen Klinsmann`s native country. There could be an upset in that group with Ghana well capable of pulling off a surprise result against Portugal and the USA.

Germany v Ghana again - the Boateng brothers playing on opposing teams

Jaygoodtimes
07-12-13, 02:21
Delighted that england are fucked. Cant wait for the usual inquest into the team when they dont qualify..England have always been deluded about there goals. The only goal I can see them completing here are not coming last in the group and even at that Costa Rica will still probably grab a point from the useless cunts.

marsbar99
07-12-13, 02:53
Yup even the FA Chairman has no faith in England

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/41CE160E601020793218461470720_1e236592358.4.4.5893408809499040535_geVEs.J7IWk2XR 49XIHuvX4luwJqWg9El9G2QgGHQEFkWrpezfvG92AD4H.SiNbA.mp4?versionId=tk0uvqa.zKwsOx6 rh3FiGosb4QWKYcq0

thumbles
07-12-13, 03:12
France always seems to get nice draws but they always seem to struggle spain and holland again probally won't go down too well this time either i think germany will do well and i can see england gettin out of that group

Bambam1
07-12-13, 09:50
brazil will win it imo

The kraut
07-12-13, 12:29
With a bit of luck Germany have it handy till the semi-finals but at are no value at 11-2.England have no chance but it good to have them in the competition.

reflex
07-12-13, 17:22
Group b seems to be the group of death, also germany have a tough group. If brazil win their group, which they should, they wil have a very tough last 16 game against a team from group b. Tough group for england, france got a good draw. Roll on nxt summer.

On the plus side though, if both Brazil and Spain top their group then they won't meet until the final. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if those two do make the final.

France are jammy feckers. Scraped through on the playoff and now they get a p1ss easy group :eek:

ocred
07-12-13, 19:46
brazil will win it imo

They looked very impressive in the Confederations Cup

ocred
07-12-13, 19:47
France are jammy feckers. Scraped through on the playoff and now they get a p1ss easy group :eek:

Yeah how the hell were Switzerland top seeds and Holland weren't???:dunno:

aml
07-12-13, 20:00
Probably the group with england will have a few decent games in it and holland v spain should be good.

UB40
07-12-13, 20:26
Jesus lads you give England a hard time, they may be useless (Luke our own) but their our neighbours and we know every player on the team, some of you support a lot of these players on a week to week basis. Why can't we support poor old Enland especially when you see they give loads of support to us when we qualify! Is all because of our primary school indoctrination that the English ate Imerialist bastards? Surely that was long ago!

Morpheus
08-12-13, 00:25
Group A: Brazil, Mexico, Croatia, Cameroon

Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia, Netherlands

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan.

Group D: Uruguay, England, Costa Rica, Italy

Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria

Group G: Germany, Ghana, Portugal, USA

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea.

England Group Fixtures:

England v Italy - Manaus: Sunday 15 June (02:00 BST)

Uruguay v England - Sao Paulo: Thursday 19 June (20:00 BST)

Costa Rica v England - Belo Horizonte: Tuesday 24 June (17:00 BST)

Tough enough group for England: I would say there is a fair chance they will not make the knockout stages
Also their opening game with Italy has a 2am UK time kick off, will not be too popular with the stay at home supporters.

Thanks WCL for that. I missed the draw when it was announced earlier this week.

No matter what group England is in they never seem to do well in the world cup. They've always had great squads but never come up with the goods. I blame their press. They sabotage their own team with so much negativity. Although having an English manager for a change has to be a good thing for them.

Brazil, Spain, Argentina and Germany should qualify from their respective groups by the look of the draw. My money is on Brazil to win the world cup. They don't have the best team, but they have the home crowd advantage. And if the confederations cup was anything to go by, then they have to be one of the favourites.

Alaskanate
12-06-14, 20:53
looking forward to this cup, seems like england got the shit end of the stick in their matches.

westcorklad
16-06-14, 12:46
So much for my uruguay tip at 28/1. Bad start for them.

That was some shock result against Costa Rica.Uruguay are just not the same team without Suarez playing, I reckon he will play a part on Thursday though probably as a substitute. I still think England have a good chance of qualifying for the knockout stages

westcorklad
16-06-14, 12:50
after tonights result it doesn't look like spain will top their group. But we will wait and see.

If there is not a huge improvement from Spain in their next two matches they will not qualify from their group. Holland tore them apart the other day and it looks like this current squad may have come to the end of the road.