PDA

View Full Version : Will Arsenal fall away

ber
04-11-13, 20:40
Arsenal are playing brilliantly at the moment, we are a quarter way through the season and they are 5 points clear at the top of the table but almost to a man on any of the football shows or in the print media any of the pundits wont back them
to go on and win the title. Are they being fair to them and will it all fall apart? Are they basing this on recent history when
around xmas time they have faltered and fallen away from being real contendors.
Is this years side different?

lovethegirls
04-11-13, 21:35
Honestly think its Arsenals league this year playing great.

screwloose
04-11-13, 23:20
nice to see them playing well again, about time too

thumbles
05-11-13, 01:48
The way they are playing at the moment I think they can best thing dat happen to them was opening day defeat many wrote them off football its a funny old game anything can happen

Morpheus
06-11-13, 00:10
Arsenal are playing brilliantly at the moment, we are a quarter way through the season and they are 5 points clear at the top of the table but almost to a man on any of the football shows or in the print media any of the pundits wont back them
to go on and win the title. Are they being fair to them and will it all fall apart? Are they basing this on recent history when
around xmas time they have faltered and fallen away from being real contendors.
Is this years side different?

I'd love them to fall away!!!;) (Because of my club loyalties!:o). But not only are they at the top of the table, they are also playing some of the best premiership football I've seen!

Other teams may have more impressive squads and individual players, but Arsenal are playing beautifully together.

I think it will be their year, especially with Man U's poor start and City's inconsistency. Chelsea will probably be their biggest rivals this season?

Wenger has served long enough without any silver ware and I think his luck may be changing.

TomEA
06-11-13, 09:53
I'd love to see to them take it all the way to the end of the season! The problem is with the depth of the squad because when we have a full squad out we look great, play great and get great results.

It's anyone's this year though, bar united. It's open season.

2timesin30
06-11-13, 11:55
Providing Giroud stays fit they have to be major contenders. With the system they play he's crucial, the back up Podolski and Walcott are not real centre forwards. Assuming the 'pool don't win it ( a safe assumption) i like to see Arsenal win it but think it will be Chelsea.

islandboy1
06-11-13, 15:17
If they can stay clear of major injuries to Ozil & giroud they could and probably will win the league. either of these players suffer with a long term injury they will be in difficulties.

johnny99
04-12-13, 22:41
Long time gooner here. I have been critical especially of the defensive side of things. Flamini has added cover in the holding midfield role and covering the defence. I still keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. The city game coming shortly will have huge importance. Hopefully I will still be waiting for the shoe to drop come May.

aml
04-12-13, 23:23
We really would have to buy another forward to keep this good run going,if we somehow got hold of suarez or a player of his quality the league would be ours to lose...but as it stands man city have the best squad and are destroying teams at home so have to be the favourites.

Bambam1
04-12-13, 23:23
i think its between city and arsenal,morata of real madrid is going on loan to arsenal in january which will give them a boost hes a good player

aml
04-12-13, 23:24
On a side note utd are no where near the team they were under fergie and i am loving it:D

westcorklad
05-12-13, 14:29
Alan Shearer stated on MOTD last night that he sees Chelsea coming out on top at the end of the season and I tend to agree with him. The period around Christmas and the start of New Year is always crucial to a teams prospects and I think that Chelsea are the club with the best resources and man management to make the most of that. Still I wouldn't begrudge the Gunners the league title this season if things do work out that way.

reflex
05-12-13, 18:16
Chelsea are leaking goals. If they have a striker who can score 25+ goals in the league this season, then they might have a chance of winning a lot of games by simply outscoring the opposition. United had that in Van Persie last season, but Chelsea unfortunately don't. It won't be long before they start losing games again because of said leaky defence and a lack of a consistent goal scorer.

Man City on the other hand, have Kompany getting back to full fitness. Not to mention two strikers in Aguero and Negredo who are capable of getting 20+ goals each. I can see their away form improving greatly and combined with their absolutely lethal home form, I'd have to say they're my pick to come out on top at the end of the season.

So Man City are favourites for me, followed by Arsenal and then Chelsea.

blueberry
12-12-13, 20:02
I think they will win

Rebellad
28-12-13, 00:35
once the pitches get heavy theyll slip up

MarkY91
06-01-14, 22:17
Big blow for arsenal with the news that theo walcott is out for the rest of the season. It wil be intersting to see what effect this has on their title chances without him. Hard to replace a player with his pace. But i suppose thats what squads are all about. Its also hard luck as he wil miss the world cup too.

they were doing amazing without him (hes only back from injury about 3-4 games?) so its not a big a blow as it seems, i guess. i still think theyll fall back and be in a 3rd-4th spot battle with liverpool, everton, united and spurs..

ocred
06-01-14, 22:20
Big blow for arsenal with the news that theo walcott is out for the rest of the season. It wil be intersting to see what effect this has on their title chances without him. Hard to replace a player with his pace. But i suppose thats what squads are all about. Its also hard luck as he wil miss the world cup too.

That's funny, he didn't seem to be in much pain when he was getting stretchered off :p

http://s3.thejournal.ie/media/2014/01/soccer-fa-cup-third-round-arsenal-v-tottenham-hotspur-emirates-stadium-6-630x431.jpg

Players like Oxlade-Chamberlain will have to step up to the plate now

reflex
06-01-14, 22:39
His pace will be a loss, but they were already flying high in the league and champions league without Walcott. Arsenal can play without wingers just fine. If they do need a bit of pace there, Gnabry has been impressive whenever I've seen him. Oxlade-Chamberlain should be fit in a few weeks so they've still got plenty of options in that position.

Now that Bendtner is also out for a month or so, Giroud is their only available striker. If they are serious about challenging for the league, they need to bring in a top striker.

Dannyd
08-01-14, 16:04
I still think Arsenal will win the league. It was important to come into the new year on top when I thought they would blow it but they are still there. They might be struggling to beat the big teams ( chelsea and city) but once they are beating everyone else then I think they will win it. Need another striker just in case but the win against spurs in the cup shows they have a good squad. I really fancy them. City and chelsea will slip up against the smaller teams away from home.

PaddyDaddy
26-03-14, 11:24
Paul Scholes did not hold back when talking about them! Ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGUrLXAjA0

westcorklad
27-03-14, 12:59
it seems that the football shows, media and pundits were right, arsenal are falling away at the moment and look like they are n danger of missing out of a top 4 finish. Arsene wenger has always maintained that finishing n the top 4 was more important than winning a cup competition. Could this be the year that they win the fa cup, and finish outside the top 4?

Whatever about a top four finish which I still think they will manage, I`m not so sure that they will win the FA Cup. I think Wigan could do another giant killing performance in the semi final the way their cup run is going.