PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Liverpool

Martin Ward
01-11-13, 17:46
Yep, big game.

Flamini out, but Coutinho only on the bench.

I would take a draw!!

Martin Ward
01-11-13, 18:22
Should be a great game martin, suarez and sturridge are n great scoring form, and ramsey , ozil and giroud the same for arsenal. So ile go for a high scoring draw, maybe 3-3. I think flamini is a huge loss, as he does alot of the dirty work n every game.

Agreed...Arsenal have a lovely midfield, but their defence is shit. Hopeful we will score a few

ocred
01-11-13, 18:32
Has all the makings of a cracker. Lets hope it lives up to it

thumbles
02-11-13, 02:28
It shud be a great game and whoever wins might just go on to lift the title judging by the standard of football bein played by them

Best Before
02-11-13, 09:12
Yep, big game.

I would take a draw!!

I'm going to stick my head out here and say 1-2 to the pool.
The game is going to be very cagey as all the big games are. But I thing Liverpool scoring along with Arsenal little hi-cup during the week will swing it in Liverpool's favour.

2timesin30
02-11-13, 17:02
Yep, big game.

I would take a draw!!

absolutely i'll take a draw, especially with chelsea losing this morning and everton-tottenham playing each other tomorrow. but i think arsenal will win.

ocred
02-11-13, 18:46
Fuck me that was a cracker from Ramsey!!!

happygolucky
02-11-13, 19:01
Ya , what a strike from ramsey, the player of the season so far. What a beauty.
Game over.
Liverpool May as well get on the bus now.
Proved again they can't do it against the big teams.

Morpheus
02-11-13, 19:30
We all have our teams. I hate Arsenal. But as much as it pains me to say it, they are playing beautiful football. They are a real class team at present. They completely outplayed Liverpool today, and Liverpool have been playing really well all season. Ramsey is just on fire!

So Arsenal fans, this just might be your season!! Fairplay.

:sad:

NoBrain2
02-11-13, 19:42
Big win for Arsenal, serious title contenders now

Best Before
03-11-13, 07:49
Big win for Arsenal, serious title contenders now

Agreed, liverpool weren't at the races :(

Martin Ward
04-11-13, 17:46
We had enough chances to get a draw. Yes, Arsenal did well, but wasn't that bad a performance.

lovethegirls
04-11-13, 20:17
We all have our teams. I hate Arsenal. But as much as it pains me to say it, they are playing beautiful football. They are a real class team at present. They completely outplayed Liverpool today, and Liverpool have been playing really well all season. Ramsey is just on fire!

So Arsenal fans, this just might be your season!! Fairplay.

:sad:
Agree Morpheus Arsenal are playing great, Ramsey is brilliant. Fair point the weekend Everton VS Spurs game of 2 halves.

islandboy1
09-11-13, 08:10
Arsenal are the form team at the moment if they stay clear of injuries to major players they have to be favourites to win the league but one or 2 injuries could destroy thier campaign they need more depth in the squad

Martin Ward
05-02-14, 14:24
the return fixture is on saturday, and what a vital game it is for both clubs. Arsenals defence is now one of the best in the pl, jst 21 goals conceded. Pool have the 2nd best strikeforce , having scored 58 goals. Arsenal have a fairly decent record at anfield the last while, so i think they will get a draw. Im not going to predict a score, as sometimes i get them wrong, lol. Who do u think wil win, and what score.

It is amazing how things have changed since I made this comment. Arsenal have been brilliant at the back, and their midfield is battered with injuries.

I am not sure. Hopeful for a 2-1 victory, but it really is a game where anything can happen!

PaddyDaddy
05-02-14, 14:32
Depends which Liverpool turn up really! Although doing pretty well this season they still suffer from inconsistency. Will it be the Liverpool that barely drew with Villa, or that could not find its teeth against West Brom, or will it be the Liverpool that made Spurs and Everton look more ordinary than they realistically are?

yesyes
05-02-14, 16:42
A draw i say. It should be a good game two team's have to go for it.

reflex
05-02-14, 17:11
Arsenal really need someone who's just gonna sit there alongside Arteta, like David Luiz and Matic did for Chelsea against City. If not, Liverpool are gonna rip them apart on the counter, especially when Arteta is so slow. Ramsey or Flamini would have been ideal but they're injured/suspended.

So 3 - 1 to Liverpool.

ocred
05-02-14, 18:23
I'm not making predictions anymore lol

blueberry
05-02-14, 21:33
Good game I say 2-2

MR-LOVA
07-02-14, 18:57
How about 0-0 ��

reflex
07-02-14, 18:58
maybe your prediction wil be right, only time wil tell. But arsenal have the best away record in the pl, and haven't lost at anfield in 6 years, won 3 drawn 3. And in games that mertsacker and koscelny have finished together they havent lost in two years. We wil see what happens. I suppose stats are made to be broken.

They have the best away record alright, but most of their away wins have been against teams in the bottom half of the table. Against top half opponents, they've beaten Newcastle and Villa, lost against the poorest United team in a long time, hammered by City, and barely escaped with a draw against Southampton.

Bar City, Liverpool are better than all of those teams. If they can't beat United or Southampton, I don't expect them to beat Liverpool.

But, as they say, stranger things have happened. I'm just hoping for a nice open game, hopefully a goal fest like the City v Arsenal one :)

MR-LOVA
07-02-14, 19:15
I said Chelsea would win vs City and not many believed me !
Now i predict 0-0 for this ;)

mic1980
07-02-14, 19:58
It has a draw written all over with both teams missing key players 0-0 or 1-1

MR-LOVA
07-02-14, 20:26
nil nil is 14-1. Are u putting much on it? If u want to change ur mind 4-4 is 200/1 .

€50 and if I win I'm going to 2 3somes Sunday ;)
Also €50 on any draw to cover the bet!

Danny2011
07-02-14, 21:39
Anyone know a reliable site that might stream the match?

reflex
07-02-14, 21:53
http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football

There should be plenty of links to choose from in there tomorrow.

reflex
08-02-14, 12:51
Liverpool 1 - 0 up already

redforever
08-02-14, 13:51
Happy Days :)

dob
08-02-14, 14:01
5-0 at 50 minutes.

Clyde
08-02-14, 14:24
Oooops Wenger should be interesting after the game " errrr emmmm wellll "

MR-LOVA
08-02-14, 14:37
€50 and if I win I'm going to 2 3somes Sunday ;)
Also €50 on any draw to cover the bet!

ur prediction didn't last long. No 3somes for u this weekend. Great start for liverpool. Skretel was 28/1 to score first.

Oh well :( that's one of the reasons we all love football ...never really know what's gonna happen !!

Jaygoodtimes
08-02-14, 14:44
Ah now where will I start with this one.

Ox he should have been loaned out the second we bought him, and even now we should have sold him last year.

Ozil.....hahaha wow Ozil my man...quality determined by his pricetag (in our case) He has done fuck all since he came, doesn't look like he gives a fuck about us either. A few good assist's that any half decent playmaker Is capable of, laziest cunt I have ever seen on the pitch too...

Losing to United 1 nil was a stressful day, but today against Liverpool of all opponents takes the fucking biscuit. I love Arsenal and all that blah blah blah but they are the most stressful team to support.

And now my laptop is fucked because I cracked the screen over them bastards.

Bottling cunts, I said the league was over last week anyway when we couldnt beat a struggling southampton team, we got lucky with the chelsea nd city result which left us top and what did we do? We shat ourselves....

reflex
08-02-14, 14:46
Arsenal really need someone who's just gonna sit there alongside Arteta, like David Luiz and Matic did for Chelsea against City. If not, Liverpool are gonna rip them apart on the counter, especially when Arteta is so slow. Ramsey or Flamini would have been ideal but they're injured/suspended.

So 3 - 1 to Liverpool.

And so I was right. Arsenal got absolutely murdered on the counter attack.

Never in my wildest dreams though did I think that Liverpool would be 4 - 0 up after just 20 minutes :eek:

reflex
08-02-14, 14:48
Well that was a bit like the blind man having a wank, i never saw that result coming. If anyone had that result , then fair play to them. It was 80/1 for that score. Bad day for the gunners.

I was only 2 goals off :p

pete cavan
08-02-14, 16:37
This result really ballsed up my fantasy football week. Still looking forward to match of the day now

Clyde
08-02-14, 16:42
Hazard on a hat trick for Chealsea .... Still no score from man city .. Lol but there's time yet...

blueberry
08-02-14, 16:45
Hazard on a hat trick for Chealsea .... Still no score from man city .. Lol but there's time yet...

Good week for Chelsea

Clyde
08-02-14, 16:59
Good week for Chelsea

Top of the league now but Jesus it's tight 6 point between the top 4 ....

reflex
08-02-14, 17:08
Arsenal and City have to play each other at the Emirates next month, then Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge. Arsenal and City could play out a draw and then Chelsea could very well beat Arsenal.

Looking very good for Chelsea I must say, provided they don't drop any more silly points.

redforever
08-02-14, 17:30
Arsenal and City have to play each other at the Emirates next month, then Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge. Arsenal and City could play out a draw and then Chelsea could very well beat Arsenal.

Looking very good for Chelsea I must say, provided they don't drop any more silly points.

Ifs and buts :rolleyes:

reflex
08-02-14, 17:38
Ifs and buts :rolleyes:

Ifs and buts alright, but very probable. Arsenal have already drawn at home to Everton and Chelsea this season. If City have Aguero and Fernandinho back for that game, I can see them nicking a point.

Chelsea against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on the other hand, I can't see anything other than a Chelsea win. Sorry Arsenal fans :o

mr gear
08-02-14, 17:44
What a brill performance by liverpool today...first 20 mins were sensational ...onwards and upwards...ynwa

reflex
08-02-14, 17:51
well all what u say could be right, but as red said thats alot of ifs, buts and mayby's. After todays games its hard to predict any results. Arsenal play chelsea b4 they play city. And liverpool have no european games, wouldnt rule them out yet. Their horse might start drinking milk yet.

Thanks for pointing that out, got the fixtures mixed up :o

Anyway, I still think Chelsea will beat Arsenal at the Bridge and a City team with Aguero and Fernandinho will nick a point at the Emirates. I'm not even a Chelsea fan, I'm just telling it like it is :)

blueberry
08-02-14, 19:36
ya a great week for chelsea, the little horse must have drank all its milk. Its still to close to call a winner. Thats my opinion anyway.

It will jump much better next year ha

Jaygoodtimes
08-02-14, 22:49
Arsenal and City have to play each other at the Emirates next month, then Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge. Arsenal and City could play out a draw and then Chelsea could very well beat Arsenal..

Arsenal wont get anything from any of those games.

We are bottler's.... We cant compete with the big team's...

And once again I said It before but I will say it again lol I fucking hate that lazy prick Ozil..haha

Jaygoodtimes
08-02-14, 23:43
Did u get ur laptop fixed again jgt. At the start of the season, would u have settled for to be one point behind the leaders with 13 games left.

We wont be there at the end, were just not a match for the team,s around us. 11 goals between city and liverpool says everything.

ocred
08-02-14, 23:49
They were like rabbits in headlights in that 1st half.

Budfox
09-02-14, 19:27
Men vs boys yesterday, one of the most exciting 1st halfs i have ever seen. Liverpool were relentless in their attacks and Arsenal couldn't do anything about it.

blueberry
09-02-14, 23:01
Men vs boys yesterday, one of the most exciting 1st halfs i have ever seen. Liverpool were relentless in their attacks and Arsenal couldn't do anything about it.

Give liverpool 2 years and you will have a savage team bredan rogers great manager and is being given the time to build a strong squad

Martin Ward
10-02-14, 10:19
IBWT!!

What a performance. Gerrard and Henderson battered Ozil and Cazorla. Once we dominated the midfield, we let Suarez tear Monreal apart, and Sterling run at Mertersacker (who isn't Usain Bolt)

Just need to win against Fulham. It is a great time to be a Liverpool fan1

Clyde
10-02-14, 10:30
Awesome performance by Liverpool Brendan Rodgers has made some impact on the team.

PaddyDaddy
10-02-14, 11:35
Super stuff from the Pool but do they now go out against Fulham and get a draw? Obviously Fulham will be set up very differently to the Gooners, but for Liverpool to be really taken seriously there should be no doubts hanging over them when going into such games. The manner in which they have dropped some points this year (Swansea, Newcastle, Hull, Villa, West Brom) still means that there is doubts before every game Liverpool play. They need to prove that they can be consistently dominant. BR has very much got them going in the right direction but with the likes of Spurs only 3 points behind them they cant afford any more silly slip ups.

So As such I suspect Fulham to get something from the game this week!

Martin Ward
10-02-14, 13:29
Super stuff from the Pool but do they now go out against Fulham and get a draw? Obviously Fulham will be set up very differently to the Gooners, but for Liverpool to be really taken seriously there should be no doubts hanging over them when going into such games. The manner in which they have dropped some points this year (Swansea, Newcastle, Hull, Villa, West Brom) still means that there is doubts before every game Liverpool play. They need to prove that they can be consistently dominant. BR has very much got them going in the right direction but with the likes of Spurs only 3 points behind them they cant afford any more silly slip ups.

So As such I suspect Fulham to get something from the game this week!

I get your point, but Fulham were walking corpses after the United game. Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez will put them to the sword I think!

westcorklad
10-02-14, 13:41
Great performance from Liverpool on Saturday and they really should have scored even more goals. As others have pointed out they now need to follow it up starting with a win against Fulham in midweek if they want to strengthen their hold on a CL place. I wonder if Arsenals`February jinx has struck again. With a lot of big games coming up for them this month, the Gunners supporters may be getting worried.

westcorklad
10-02-14, 13:43
I get your point, but Fulham were walking corpses after the United game. Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez will put them to the sword I think!

Would you put money on it?

Martin Ward
10-02-14, 13:51
[/B]Would you put money on it?

I probably would if I gambled. No way they will have recovered on Wednesday. Though there will be a lot of away games against average teams we will need to win, so the point that we really need to close this games out is completely valid

PaddyDaddy
10-02-14, 14:41
I would not bet against Liverpool in this up coming game. But Im afraid my money very much does not trust them for the odds you get to bet on them. Best advise is not to bet were Liverpool are concerned IMO. Still too risky. On paper you would think "Easy win" for Liverpool. But its with such games I find Liverpool usually show their most inconsistent form. Hull FFS!! I hope Im wrong and that they put in a dominant performance with Suarez getting back on track to smashing records and proving he is the best in the world at what he does currently

robbiedude
10-02-14, 15:37
Arsenal will be lucky to slip into fourth. been in my dreams since we started 'a good run'

Martin Ward
11-02-14, 10:45
the fulham v liverpool game may not go ahead on wednesday night because of the tube strike, they wont know for sure until 3.00 today. Not sure who that would suit most as both teams had great results the weekend. But it would give fulham players more time to recover.

It would help Fulham, no doubt. We took it easy in the second half...they would have as much mobility as Stephen Hawking if the game went ahead on Wednesday!

Martin Ward
11-02-14, 14:28
Game goes ahead, tube strike cancelled.

This is where my theory is proven to be balls and we lose :)

circumcised guy
11-02-14, 20:20
I fancy liverpool to beat fulham Wednesday. But I don't think arsenal are going to be the walk overs they were Saturday. But it's the cup so wenger might play his younger players as he often does in the cups so who knows.

j81
16-02-14, 20:16
how does howard webb continue to get big games