PDA

View Full Version : Any NFL fans here???

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 09:40
As many people know I am a New England Patriot fanatic.....do we have any other NFL fans on here??? :)

samlad
14-10-13, 09:42
Nope, sorry :)

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 09:43
Nope, sorry :)

Haven't you got some knitting to do or John Lennon picture to self abuse over? :)

samlad
14-10-13, 09:44
Haven't you got some knitting to do or John Lennon picture to self abuse over? :)

Sorry, I'll leave you to watching men chasing each other :)

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 09:45
Marty good to see you mate. No I'm not really a fan but a couple of weeks ago I was staying in a place with dreadful tv and watched a game for the first time and got to understand it better I'm going to watch it more.

Once you get to grips with what's happening it is very simple, and really fun!

Think my Mrs is almost converted, she was really excited at the end of last nights New England v New Orleans Saints game!!!!

Good to speak Clyde, hope all is well and you are behaving!!! :D

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 09:46
Sorry, I'll leave you to watching men chasing each other :)

I just like Tom Brady's poise...;)

BruceAlmighty
14-10-13, 09:53
I just like Tom Brady's poise...;)

I like his wife's poise too.

Used to be a big fan, but it became too hard to keep up with on TV, due to limited non-Sky availability. Starting to get back into it with Channel 4 and actually feel asleep in front of the TV last night watching the live game...

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 09:57
I like his wife's poise too.

Used to be a big fan, but it became too hard to keep up with on TV, due to limited non-Sky availability. Starting to get back into it with Channel 4 and actually feel asleep in front of the TV last night watching the live game...

I got into it when I was a kid and it was on C4 (Mick Luckhurst and Gary Imlach presenting)

Really good for it to be back on C4, opens it up again.

I stayed up last night to watch Brady make that pass to Thompkins in the last five seconds, though I feel like death today LOL

Oh, and we all love Gisele

http://www.newsbases.info/GC/W2000/pictures/g/Gisele_Bundchen_11-5557-1024x768.jpg

Lerxst
14-10-13, 10:37
As many people know I am a New England Patriot fanatic.....do we have any other NFL fans on here??? :)

BOO...HISS.....patriots.

Am an ardent Seahawks supporter. I forked over the 150€ to watch all the games live online. It makes me homesick though...

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 10:56
BOO...HISS.....patriots.

Am an ardent Seahawks supporter. I forked over the 150€ to watch all the games live online. It makes me homesick though...

Russell Wilson has got that team moving really well...I see you making the NFC Championship game this year, but after that Pats comment, I hope you miss the play offs ;)

ocred
14-10-13, 12:05
I have a passing interest in it in that I watch a game most weeks. I'm a bit of a Steelers fan. They've been pretty pony this year though :(

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 12:10
I have a passing interest in it in that I watch a game most weeks. I'm a bit of a Steelers fan. They've been pretty pony this year though :(

Yeah, first win of the year last night v the Jets, but yes, they have been shite!!! Could be worse, you could be a New York Giants fan, at least you are not like them and 0-6!!!!!

ocred
14-10-13, 12:14
Could be worse, you could be a New York Giants fan, at least you are not like them and 0-6!!!!!

Yep looks like the big bro has the bragging rights in the Manning family this year :)

Martin Ward
14-10-13, 12:42
Yep looks like the big bro has the bragging rights in the Manning family this year :)

I think big bro will be picking up his second Superbowl ring whether I like it or not :)

Zoidberg
15-10-13, 16:56
I think big bro will be picking up his second Superbowl ring whether I like it or not :)

homer should of never sold up, I bet he's kicking himself now :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbj61a8M1w

Martin Ward
15-10-13, 16:59
homer should of never sold up, I bet he's kicking himself now :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbj61a8M1w

Quality Zoidberg!!!!

Zoidberg
15-10-13, 17:11
Quality Zoidberg!!!!

cheers.

did you manage to go over to see the Pats yet? I know you spoke a while back about hoping to go over this season?

P.S. GO STEELERS!!!

Martin Ward
15-10-13, 18:46
cheers.

did you manage to go over to see the Pats yet? I know you spoke a while back about hoping to go over this season?

P.S. GO STEELERS!!!

Got tickets for the Cleveland game mate, seriously can't wait

And I will see you in a few weeks after our game against you..;)

Zoidberg
16-10-13, 18:40
Got tickets for the Cleveland game mate, seriously can't wait

And I will see you in a few weeks after our game against you..;)

Good old Cleveland, the definition of mediocrity. At least you should see the Pats have a good win.

Yea roll on 3 Novemrber

Jericho
16-10-13, 18:54
Yep, New Orleans Saints fan.
J

Lerxst
16-10-13, 21:03
J

Is Payton back coaching this year?

Jericho
16-10-13, 21:35
Is Payton back coaching this year?

Yep, started back for this season.
J

Martin Ward
17-10-13, 09:04
Good old Cleveland, the definition of mediocrity. At least you should see the Pats have a good win.

Yea roll on 3 Novemrber

I feel sorry for Brian Hoyer....he looked like a good starter at QB and then got injured. I won't labour you with my analysis of Weedon, but all I can say is that I have never seen somone release a ball slower than this guy.

So yes, hopefully a big win :)

Martin Ward
17-10-13, 09:05
J

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110623042519/simpsons/images/4/40/Picture0003.jpg

Martin Ward
17-10-13, 09:06
Yep, started back for this season.
J

I am not going to cheap shot on bounties ect, but I found his negative play calling in the last 2.30 on Sunday astounding. One first down and you win the game

Jericho
17-10-13, 21:00
Surprised he did that.
Didn't make sense to me.
J

Martin Ward
18-10-13, 09:14
Good win for Seattle last night over Arizona!

Jericho
18-10-13, 13:39
Good win for Seattle last night over Arizona!

Yeah, I believe the Cardinals QB was sacked seven times during the game.
J

Martin Ward
18-10-13, 13:41
Yeah, I believe the Cardinals QB was sacked seven times during the game.
J

It was mad....even worse was Pryor at Oakland getting done 10 times by the Chiefs

Jericho
18-10-13, 13:49
It was mad....even worse was Pryor at Oakland getting done 10 times by the Chiefs

Hadn't heard that!
It's a wonder he was able to walk after that.
J

Martin Ward
18-10-13, 14:15
Hadn't heard that!
It's a wonder he was able to walk after that.
J

That Kansas D is really good. He had better be able to walk as they release Matt Flynn who is now at Buffallo

Martin Ward
18-10-13, 17:00
Great new folks....Rob Gronkowski has been cleared to play against the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Lerxst
18-10-13, 19:05
Looking forward to Mondays game with Freeman leading the Vikings. Adrian Peterson deserves a better team than this.

Martin Ward
21-10-13, 08:40
Looking forward to Mondays game with Freeman leading the Vikings. Adrian Peterson deserves a better team than this.

The Minnesota merry go round.....To think they picked Ponder in the draft ahead of Dalton...

Martin Ward
21-10-13, 08:40
Anyone mentions penalties for pushing gets an automatic 24 hour ban...that is all :)

Lerxst
21-10-13, 16:55
Anyone mentions penalties for pushing gets an automatic 24 hour ban...that is all :)

Can I say shove?

Was a good game nevertheless!

Martin Ward
22-10-13, 13:45
Can I say shove?

Was a good game nevertheless!

It was balls.

My problem with the call is that no-one else calls it, but it is easy to stick it to the Pats

Martin Ward
28-10-13, 10:19
Great win for the Patriots last night over Miami. Very nervous at half time.

Bring on the Steelers!

Martin Ward
04-11-13, 17:48
Shame Zoidberg isn't about...wanted to gloat about putting 55 pts past his Steelers!! :)

ocred
04-11-13, 18:43
Shame Zoidberg isn't about...wanted to gloat about putting 55 pts past his Steelers!! :)

Go on you can gloat at me instead :irked:

Zoidberg
04-11-13, 20:08

you know there is such a thing as a sore winner

we are in serious crisis mode, 2-6 is not a nice place to be

Martin Ward
05-11-13, 09:49
Go on you can gloat at me instead :irked:

I will play nice LOL

Martin Ward
05-11-13, 09:51
you know there is such a thing as a sore winner

we are in serious crisis mode, 2-6 is not a nice place to be

Seriously, I don't think you look like a 2-6 team....at 24-24 I was shitting my pants. Was alarmed at the way you fell away. The blown coverage in the secondary was shocking on occasions

OK Coach Zoidberg, you have just replaced Tomlin. What do you try and change???

Martin Ward
23-12-13, 13:23
So what are our view on the play offs then????

Go Pats!

Rebellad
28-12-13, 00:32
patriots year for sure

Martin Ward
30-12-13, 10:41
patriots year for sure

They know how to win, though Cincinatti (probably and Denver at Mile High (probably) are really hard games. The week off next week is huge as we get to rest Mcourty and Harmon in the secondary, plus Talib who are all carrying knocks.

Felt gutted for Zoidberg. I would have put my house on Succop nailing that 41 yard filed goal for KC, which would have put San Diego out and his beloved Steelers through. Think the Steelers deserved it after coming back from 2-6 earlier in the season

ocred
30-12-13, 12:28
I would have put my house on Succop nailing that 41 yard filed goal for KC, which would have put San Diego out and his beloved Steelers through. Think the Steelers deserved it after coming back from 2-6 earlier in the season

:damnit1::banghead::banghead:

Martin Ward
30-12-13, 12:31
:damnit1::banghead::banghead:

We have another Steeler! To be fair I would be hunting down Succop and doing awful things to him if I were you!!

I hope Coach Tomlin survives black Monday today...he deserves to

ocred
30-12-13, 12:40
We have another Steeler! To be fair I would be hunting down Succop and doing awful things to him if I were you!!

I hope Coach Tomlin survives black Monday today...he deserves to

Sick with how it ended but unfortunately the damage was done earlier in the season.

Martin Ward
30-12-13, 12:47
Sick with how it ended but unfortunately the damage was done earlier in the season.

I know what you are saying. You can't really start 2-6 and bitch about not being in the play offs.

Would you be keeping Big Ben and Quarterback? Heard talk they may ship him in the summer for a newer model

Martin Ward
30-12-13, 13:30

Just to make you feel even better

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/29/san-diego-chargers-uncalled-penalty-kansas-city-chiefs-missed-field-goal/

ocred
05-01-14, 12:55
That was some comeback by the Colts last night

Martin Ward
06-01-14, 11:49
That was some comeback by the Colts last night

Mate, it was insane. I was out but at 38-10, KC have the game wrapped up.

I am worried bout the Colts when they play us. They are so inconsistent, and you can imagine blowing em out. But if Luck turns up you can be toast.

the nylon guy
06-01-14, 18:48
seahawks all the way!

chrisjosmyth
06-01-14, 23:25
yeah its really not big over here. Has grown a fair bit in popularity recently though

corkpunter
07-01-14, 00:32
I disagree, see how many has gone to the international series, how they have expanded to now 3 games next year in London. They are also doing college games in Dublin again this year. It is not nearly as big as soccer and never will be over here, but saying people aren't into it, is quite wide of the mark also, imo.

Martin Ward
07-01-14, 10:07
I disagree, see how many has gone to the international series, how they have expanded to now 3 games next year in London. They are also doing college games in Dublin again this year. It is not nearly as big as soccer and never will be over here, but saying people aren't into it, is quite wide of the mark also, imo.

They are looking to get a UK franchise...this is the big test.

The International games are sold out, and SKY to seven hours of coverage every Sunday night, plus highlights of Thursday games (Eurosport have the Monday locked up) Add in to that the Sunday night game being on C4 with a full highlight package on the Saturday, saying Europeans don't like it is total nonsense, as these channels don't show programmes that don't get viewers

arank80
09-01-14, 15:08

Completley agree. There is also nearly 20 American football teams in Ireland(each with a squad of 30-50) playing in one of the most organised leagues in Europe.

Martin Ward
10-01-14, 15:45
I have heard word of the NFL wanting to come to europe. Sadly europeans weren't raised with american football so they have no interest. I however have no interest in any sport.

Maybe your lack of interest in sport may slant your view. The fact that the International series and SKY shows are a massive success kind of counteracts your point.

Martin Ward
13-01-14, 11:35
So it's Denver v New England and Seattle v San Francisco.

Thoughts??

ocred
13-01-14, 18:43
So it's Denver v New England and Seattle v San Francisco.

Thoughts??

Broncos nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, Colts meanwhile didn't have another comeback in them. Manning v Brady in the AFC decider. I think that is effectively the Superbowl decider as I can't see the 49ers or Seattle beating either of them although Seattle did well to beat New Orleans

PaddyDaddy
13-01-14, 23:06
Manning v Brady in the AFC decider. I think that is effectively the Superbowl decider as I can't see the 49ers or Seattle beating either of them although Seattle did well to beat New Orleans

Hold yer Broncos! ;) The Seattle D and 49er D are both good enough to stop both Brady and Manning. Saying that the Pats have found a mean running game so will be very tough to beat, as Brady with a good play action game can be lethal

If the Broncos get to the dance it will be interesting to see what the weather will be like in NY for the SB. If its proper cold, or worse still snowing then Manning could be affected badly. His stats in the cold are very poor

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 09:10
Interesting stuff here lads. I have to go with Daddy, even as a mad Patriots fan. The Legion of Boom at Seattle are tough tough boys, and SF never take a backstep from anyone, they are well in it.

As for Manning, lets us see how he does in the cold, in the play offs, against Brady. Denver have to be faves but coupled with Manning's frailties at this time of year, plus our running game, it wouldn't surprise me if I am in a very good mood next Monday! Plus Chris Harris may be injured which damages the Denver secondary badly

Can SF goto Seattle and win??

PaddyDaddy
14-01-14, 10:00
Can SF goto Seattle and win??

If the Cards could do it the 49ers can do it. They know the Seahawks as well as any team. Jim Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league right now. NFC championship game each year in his first 3! Outstanding stuff. (even if he is a total psycho!) And to think what the 49ers were like before he took over (granted years of rubbish had the squad primed with talented draft picks) They have arguabley the best O line and best D line in the game. That wins rings

They have had to go on the road for the whole playoffs. Lambeau and A Rods passing game in that crazy cold (look what they did to GB in the first quater! That won them the game, not Kapernick IMO). Carolina and that mean defense and excellent running game. Both of which suffered to an extent (especially the run). I reckon JH has every person on that squad believing 100% they are a team of destiny. He will be saying that with their record they should not have to go on the road but because they are forced to they will prove to everyone they are the best the hard way etc etc. Also they lost the big one last year so that is plenty of motivation right there.

I personally cant not wait for this NFC game (more so than the AFC game). Im hoping it will be 3 hours of smash mouth football and effectively and 3 hour fight! Bring it on. :)

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 10:13
If the Cards could do it the 49ers can do it. They know the Seahawks as well as any team. Jim Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league right now. NFC championship game each year in his first 3! Outstanding stuff. (even if he is a total psycho!) And to think what the 49ers were like before he took over (granted years of rubbish had the squad primed with talented draft picks) They have arguabley the best O line and best D line in the game. That wins rings

They have had to go on the road for the whole playoffs. Lambeau and A Rods passing game in that crazy cold (look what they did to GB in the first quater! That won them the game, not Kapernick IMO). Carolina and that mean defense and excellent running game. Both of which suffered to an extent (especially the run). I reckon JH has every person on that squad believing 100% they are a team of destiny. He will be saying that with their record they should not have to go on the road but because they are forced to they will prove to everyone they are the best the hard way etc etc. Also they lost the big one last year so that is plenty of motivation right there.

I personally cant not wait for this NFC game (more so than the AFC game). Im hoping it will be 3 hours of smash mouth football and effectively and 3 hour fight! Bring it on. :)

Come on, give me your score predictions.....

Who do you support btw??

PaddyDaddy
14-01-14, 15:10
Come on, give me your score predictions.....

Who do you support btw??

It really is a tough one to call. But My gut says it will be Broncos and 49ers. With the 49ers to win the SB. 49ers 24 Seahawks 20. Pats 34 Broncos 41. I of course would not be shocked in the least if it was the Seahawks Pats

I am a Packer fan for my troubles. Still can not believe they got to the playoffs this year!

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 15:21
It really is a tough one to call. But My gut says it will be Broncos and 49ers. With the 49ers to win the SB. 49ers 24 Seahawks 20. Pats 34 Broncos 41. I of course would not be shocked in the least if it was the Seahawks Pats

I am a Packer fan for my troubles. Still can not believe they got to the playoffs this year!

In Matt Flynn we trust!!!

Seriously, if A-Rod hadn't got injured, you would have had a much better regular season. Detroit blowing up was a shock, and I seriously don't rate Cutler or the Bears.

It was a sign how decent you are that you took SF so close, when they could legitimately win the SB

I will say 31-24 to the Donkeys (hope I am wrong) and 24-21 the Hawks...but either could go the other way

PaddyDaddy
14-01-14, 15:43
Yeah the Rodgers injury and the Lions implosion certainly made it a very interesting season for a Packers fan.

From a Packers stand point it was the loss of Mathews, Shields, Jolly, etc etc on the D that resulted in the 49ers edging that game IMO. One more play of the defense and the Pack could have won it. Unfortunately they had an injured, hobbling, rookie LB trying to run down Kapernick on his effectively game wining run. The Pack need to resolve a few things this off season and be careful in free agency as they have a few key guys heading that way. A couple of good decisions, and couple of good drafts and a more injury friendly season next year and they could be knocking on the door again, but its the NFL. Anything can and will happen........

As for the Bears. Well I personally dont think Cutler is worth want they gave him but he has some really good weapons there. A big strong fast wide receiving core and a class "A" RB. If he can be more consistent and stay injury free they should push the Pack year on year.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Lions. They get the right men to coach that team and they could be very dangerous.

The NFC North which was arguably the worst division in the NFL this year could be one of the strongest again in the blink of an eye. Thats the sort of thing that makes me love the NFL

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 15:51
Yeah the Rodgers injury and the Lions implosion certainly made it a very interesting season for a Packers fan.

From a Packers stand point it was the loss of Mathews, Shields, Jolly, etc etc on the D that resulted in the 49ers edging that game IMO. One more play of the defense and the Pack could have won it. Unfortunately they had an injured, hobbling, rookie LB trying to run down Kapernick on his effectively game wining run. The Pack need to resolve a few things this off season and be careful in free agency as they have a few key guys heading that way. A couple of good decisions, and couple of good drafts and a more injury friendly season next year and they could be knocking on the door again, but its the NFL. Anything can and will happen........

As for the Bears. Well I personally dont think Cutler is worth want they gave him but he has some really good weapons there. A big strong fast wide receiving core and a class "A" RB. If he can be more consistent and stay injury free they should push the Pack year on year.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Lions. They get the right men to coach that team and they could be very dangerous.

The NFC North which was arguably the worst division in the NFL this year could be one of the strongest again in the blink of an eye. Thats the sort of thing that makes me love the NFL

The beauty of the salary cap and the draft.

We have an issue with Talib as we are working out whether he is going to be given a franchise tag. Sadly a lot of our salary is still taken up by a man dropping the soap, presumably for the rest of his life. That leaves us working out whether Talib, who is injury prone is worth a Franchise Tag.

I say yes

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 15:52
We will defo draft a Tight End and members of the D and O line.....

PaddyDaddy
14-01-14, 16:03
We will defo draft a Tight End and members of the D and O line.....

That right there just shows how things change so quickly in the NFL. "The Pats need to draft a TE". That would of been crazy talk 12 months ago!

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 16:35
I was there when Gronk got whacked against Cleveland.

Defo need depth there, certainly as a catching TE. I do worry whether Gronk will ever finish a full season.

Martin Ward
14-01-14, 16:36
I was there when Gronk got whacked against Cleveland.

Defo need depth there, certainly as a catching TE. I do worry whether Gronk will ever finish a full season.

PaddyDaddy
20-01-14, 00:57
In Matt Flynn we trust!!!

I will say 31-24 to the Donkeys (hope I am wrong)

You were, but only on score. Pats barely showed up. Poor game really. Talib was a big loss but would he have stopped Thomas?

(Hope it was not too painful to watch. But it probably was)

PaddyDaddy
20-01-14, 10:00
Anyone stay up and watch the 49ers/Seahawks? What a game! It was pretty epic. 49ers where unlucky and I felt they really had the better of Seattle but CK decided to throw those picks! What he was thinking on the last play of the game I dont know but I still think Crabtree could of defended that bat down instead of shaping to catch as he must of known Sherman had him beaten to the ball.

The Superbowl should be good. Manning and that high octane offence against that Seattle D. I feel if the Seahawks are to win it Wilson will want to step up his game a bit. But it really does help him to have such a talented D.

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 09:55
Sorry for the late reply mate....pulled an all nighter to watch the games so took Monday off.

I mirror your thoughts to be fair. Against Denver we could get no penetration on Manning which allowed him to pick us apart. Once Talib went down we were screwed, as no way Dennard at 5.10 could cope with Thomas

Did it make a difference? It would have been closer at least. I also believe we threw to our receiving core too much. The run would have been hard but worth investing in I think.

As for Seattle v SF, WTF were the officials playing at? Seattle got everything and that 'running into the kicker play' was the most stupid call I have ever seen (don't mention the Tuck rule as that was justified')

I do agree CK bottled in that fourth quarter. And why go after Sherman? 40 seconds left with three time outs...come on man, THINK.

Oh, anyone says 'Omaha' and I will ban them for 24 hours....

Who do you pick for the Superbowl?

PaddyDaddy
21-01-14, 15:11
Yeah there is some downgrading to be done with those officials. They should have seen Bowmans possession on the play he injured himself on also (not that it mattered as the Seahawks fecked up 4th down, and justifiably so!) That was a nasty injury he sustained (both ACL and MCL torn!). Hope it does not affect him as bad as it potentially can as he is still young.

Superbowl. Well if I was putting money on it I would go with Manning. He is one (if not the quickest releases in the NFL) and you need that against this Seahawks D. Morenos injury is a factor to consider but. If he cant play or if he can but not play 100% then it could have an impact, as I dont believe Ball can sustain a long end zone to endzone running game, especially against Seattle and there needs to be some balance in approach going up against that D.

As I mentioned if the Seahawks are to win this I think Wilson needs to step up and have a big one. Yes that D is special but they will have to contend with one of the best QBs ever, who has a plethora of weapons to go to. If Harvin can get fit and put in a shift at the SB then he may act as a confidence boost to Wilson. And he always has Lynch and that D to rely on.

Weather wise if its cold then it will favour Seattle. If it gets crazy cold and snow it could be a major factor as Lynch and that D will excel in such conditions

It should be close. It should be low scoring enough. At this moment in time I say Broncos and Manning to cement himself as the best QB potentially of all time (he really does need that 2nd ring to be considered such), but its 13 days away. There are still evolving factors. As such I will not predict a score until at least 1-2 days out.

Whats your take on it Martin?

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 15:43
Yeah there is some downgrading to be done with those officials. They should have seen Bowmans possession on the play he injured himself on also (not that it mattered as the Seahawks fecked up 4th down, and justifiably so!) That was a nasty injury he sustained (both ACL and MCL torn!). Hope it does not affect him as bad as it potentially can as he is still young.

Superbowl. Well if I was putting money on it I would go with Manning. He is one (if not the quickest releases in the NFL) and you need that against this Seahawks D. Morenos injury is a factor to consider but. If he cant play or if he can but not play 100% then it could have an impact, as I dont believe Ball can sustain a long end zone to endzone running game, especially against Seattle and there needs to be some balance in approach going up against that D.

As I mentioned if the Seahawks are to win this I think Wilson needs to step up and have a big one. Yes that D is special but they will have to contend with one of the best QBs ever, who has a plethora of weapons to go to. If Harvin can get fit and put in a shift at the SB then he may act as a confidence boost to Wilson. And he always has Lynch and that D to rely on.

Weather wise if its cold then it will favour Seattle. If it gets crazy cold and snow it could be a major factor as Lynch and that D will excel in such conditions

It should be close. It should be low scoring enough. At this moment in time I say Broncos and Manning to cement himself as the best QB potentially of all time (he really does need that 2nd ring to be considered such), but its 13 days away. There are still evolving factors. As such I will not predict a score until at least 1-2 days out.

Whats your take on it Martin?

It is all about Manning. If the Seattle pass rush works, then he won't have time to pick out his receiving core as he struggles when rushed. If he can release then they can get to the Seattle D more than anyone else has been able to do.

I am gearing towards Seattle, though I don't want to see Sherman get a ring. Actually, I don't want to see Wes Welker get one either.

Wilson to me is very overated. He is good, but he isn't Luck or CK.

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 15:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfRuKM1CCA

PaddyDaddy
21-01-14, 16:02
Ha Ha. I laughed my ass off on Sunday night when I saw that! He is some fool but what a talent!! I would very much want him on my team if it was possible. And TBF he is probably right about being the best!

Did you ever read about his email when at Stanford?

http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-922762394

Or see him versus Skip Bayless?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI

PaddyDaddy
21-01-14, 16:03
This is the best but! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 16:19
Forgot about a couple of them...absolutely brilliant!!

I have to say, I prefer Talib, but maybe there is a touch of Bias ;)

PaddyDaddy
21-01-14, 16:28
I have to say, I prefer Talib, but maybe there is a touch of Bias ;)

I would have to believe so. Sherman is building himself an island. His reading of the game is second to none and he really is a true shut down CB

Maclochlanne
21-01-14, 16:38
I am a big Patriots can and unfortunately won't be watching them in the Super Bowl

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 17:17
I would have to believe so. Sherman is building himself an island. His reading of the game is second to none and he really is a true shut down CB

Good point well made :D

Martin Ward
21-01-14, 17:18
I am a big Patriots can and unfortunately won't be watching them in the Super Bowl

Gutted myself. Welcome aboard mate

PaddyDaddy
05-09-14, 21:17
Well good to see it back but gutted the Pack could not cope with the Hawks. Some poor plays at key moments and big penalties really swung it away from being a competition. Hopefully its lessons learned and if they meet again in the Playoffs the Pack may be able to put it up to them a little better.

One thing I hope other teams that have to play the Seahawks noted is that if you play hurry up and keep the same defense on the field you have a chance of getting at them but few NFL teams can play hurry up with the ability of Arron Rodgers.

Martin Ward
18-09-14, 15:16
I was mortified at the Patriots offensive line against Miami, but it seems the six lineman worked against Minnesota

No-one seems unbeatable at this time of the season, so it is just a case of keeping in it until you really get into full swing.

Watch out for Arizona..if either the Hawks or the 49'rs start to struggle they could make the play offs. if they do, they could go far

PaddyDaddy
07-10-14, 13:26
5 weeks in.

Strange season thus far

Saints are all over the shop. Pats are like a yo-yo. 49ers are wobbly. Peyton still has not aged. Rivers is hot. The Jets are the Jets. Romo is getting away with it (for now!),

My Packers had a tough first 5 game schedule with an away game to the Hawks and 3 division games (2 away), but they have come through it 3-2, so not a bad result. There is still massive questions over the run defense and running game (both have shown they can do something when they get going), but its now a matter of consistency and if they can achieve that? The Packers really need stronger lines on both side of the ball. Both the Bears and Lions losses helped the Pack have a great week.

Already into the 2nd quarter of the season and no one looks dominant. The SB pairing could be a total surprise this year! (or it could easily be the Hawks n Broncos again!)

ocred
07-10-14, 18:27
Steelers are a bit hot and cold too. Still early days yet though

Martin Ward
17-10-14, 09:14
Any Jets fans in here??:) Go Pats!!!

PaddyDaddy
17-10-14, 13:39
Ya made hard work of it but didnt you?

The Jets are not exactly up there, but I suppose the division rivalry may give it a bit of a "derby" nature regarding form.

However after showing the Bengals and Bills who is boss I expected the Pats the rip the Jets apart. The Pats next 6 games will be interesting. All are potentially pretty tough.