PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Trapp

westcorklad
11-09-13, 11:22
http://www.newstalk.ie/FAI-confirm--Trapattoni-departure
I cant say this news comes as any great surprise after the last few performances of the irish team so the hunt starts now for a new manager.

westcorklad
11-09-13, 11:43
Ya, its no great suprise. Its been on the cards for a while. I think he started of well with ireland and got us to a world cup play off against france where we were unlucky to loose, then he got us to the euros for the first time in 24 years. After that it was downhill. So some credit is due, but this world cup campaign was dissapointing. Good luck to whoever takes over.

I think it was Liam Brady who said last night on RTE that he fears that the Irish team are in for a long barren spell in terms of qualifying for a major tournament because the quality is just not there anymore.He has a point but Trap could have made more out of who he has to work with. Leaving Wes Hoolahan on the bench for the last two games was hard to understand IMO.Anyway its done and dusted now.

ocred
11-09-13, 12:16
So who takes over??? Let the circus begin!

peregine
11-09-13, 13:11
So who takes over??? Let the circus begin!

Robbie Keane as player manager for the last few games of qualifiers, then maybe Martin O'Neill.

"Tease me with stockinged legs"

ber
11-09-13, 17:34
Robbie Keane as player manager for the last few games of qualifiers, then maybe Martin O'Neill.

U really do begin to wonder should the 2 Irish associations merge as they are also brutal luxembourg beat them last night and they wouldnt bate the flys off a cow shit. I know that u have a very entrenched unionist element in NI football support so unlikely
to hape this generation or the next, but it has been a succesful template in rugby

Jaygoodtimes
11-09-13, 22:12
It really doesnt matter who takes over, we wont get any decent manager anyway because they will look at the squad and know we arent good enough to qualify for anything, especially now that we will be seeded lower in qualifying groups. As they said on the panel last night we are going down the same road as wales and scotland.

garconix
11-09-13, 23:48
I can't say I'll miss Trapp, but I will miss the squabbles between Chippy and the Dunph over him. Their scrap after the Austria game was the only highlight of the night for me!

After the chaos of Stan and mind-numbing boredom of Trapp, hopefully the next manager will have some clue about getting a team to play at both ends of the field for a change. I had a quick look at the betting and I didn't have any strong feelings for or against any of the main contenders.

11/10 Martin O'Neill
13/5 Brian McDermott
7/1 Mick McCarthy
25/1 Roy Keane
33/1 Liam Brady, Graeme Souness, Dave O'Leary, Chris Hughton and Owen Coyle

ladiesman217
12-09-13, 11:19
Good riddance to you you old fart! Don't let the leprechauns beat you with their shillelaghs on your way out!!!!!

C'mon O'Neill says LDM!!!!

westcorklad
12-09-13, 19:40

You are really having a laugh aren't you? I hope youre not serious.

westcorklad
12-09-13, 19:46
I can't say I'll miss Trapp, but I will miss the squabbles between Chippy and the Dunph over him. Their scrap after the Austria game was the only highlight of the night for me!

After the chaos of Stan and mind-numbing boredom of Trapp, hopefully the next manager will have some clue about getting a team to play at both ends of the field for a change. I had a quick look at the betting and I didn't have any strong feelings for or against any of the main contenders.

11/10 Martin O'Neill
13/5 Brian McDermott
7/1 Mick McCarthy
25/1 Roy Keane
33/1 Liam Brady, Graeme Souness, Dave O'Leary, Chris Hughton and Owen Coyle

Brian McDermott and Chris Hughton have both said today that they are not interested in the job.Mick McCarthy has been there already and given the circumstances surrounding his departure in 2002 I don't think he would go back.The FAI may surprise everyone and go for someone not seen as being in the running.It has happened before.

ocred
12-09-13, 19:54
Meanwhile the first task for the new manager is to climb above Cape Verde Islands and Panama in the FIFA rankings :eek:

peregine
13-09-13, 16:32
You are really having a laugh aren't you? I hope youre not serious.

And your suggestion is? Typical, give out about someone else's decision and not come up with one of your own.

ocred
23-09-13, 21:33
FAI seem to have gone cool on Martin O'Neill

redforever
24-09-13, 11:19
Noel king has been appointed caretaker manager of ireland.

sure he'll have us playing like a bunch of women . . .

suppose that its an improvement :)

ocred
30-09-13, 12:39
Not that the games themselves are of much consequence but its interesting to see Darron Gibson, Andy Reid and Anthony Stokes suddenly back in the Ireland squad. Still no Stephen Ireland though, he must be still recovering from the death of his third granny (or is it his fourth???:D).

Seems Cox and Sammon have got the heave-ho

peregine
09-10-13, 16:09
Jack Charlton was very good for us. There is now a manager who handed over the reins of a great club Man u to David Moyes and is now free. Alex Ferguson for manager. What do ye think? Mad or what.

ocred
11-10-13, 18:28
Well its a makeshift defence due to suspensions. Not sure how a midfield of Whelan, McCarthy, Wilson, Gibson and Doyle is going to line out. Stokes gets the nod to play up top on his own

ocred
11-10-13, 21:43
3-0 to germany, but it could have been alot more only for the irish goalie david forde, some excellent saves.

Yeah fair play to him, he saved us from a hiding tonight

lovethegirls
15-10-13, 21:37
Darren Gibson injured only bloody back for Everton seems bad

ocred
15-10-13, 21:51

Looks a nasty one alright. Second half was like watching a training session. Have to say Kazakhstan's goal was an absolute cracker even though there was some comical defending leading up to it

ocred
15-10-13, 22:09
Ireland win 3-1 tonight, did anyone see the rte interview with tony o donoghue and noel king. A little heated i thought. Good to see andy reid back in an irish jersey.

Just saw a recording of the King-O'Donoghue interview. Thought King got way too defensive to a legitimate question

ocred
16-10-13, 17:16

Confirmed as a cruciate ligament injury. Most likely out for the season

lovethegirls
16-10-13, 19:21
Confirmed as a cruciate ligament injury. Most likely out for the season

Yea not had much luck the last year with injuries has Gibbo.

ocred
01-11-13, 18:49
Looks like it's going to be O'Neill after all. Could be appointed as early as next week

ocred
02-11-13, 11:59
And roy is in talks to be o' neills assisant.

So I heard. If that happens it will be one of those weird situations where the appointment of the assistant will cause more of a media frenzy that that of the manager