PDA

View Full Version : When 2 Tribes go to War

The D Man
01-08-13, 13:00
Clare V Limerick. All Ireland Hurling Semi Final August 18 2013 Croke Park

Fun and games and plenty of slagging down here on shannonside. Neither side can afford to lose this. The bragging rights are massive from this.

Limerick are deserved favourites. After a slow start beat Tipperary second favourites for the All Ireland and then won the Munster title against Cork and we have seen what Cork have done since beating Kilkenny the favourites for the All Ireland. Limerick are finishing very strongly in all their games so far and are never beaten in their matches this year compared to other years.

Clare are a young side making very good progress. Had a good first round win against Waterford but underperformed against Cork even though they created many chances that they didnt take. Subsequent wins against Laois and Wexford were good. The quarter final win against Galway, third favourites for the All Ireland was their most stand out win so far
They are improving with every match but whether they can overcome their neighbours is the question?

Another 2 and a half weeks of taking the piss of each other...... Bring it on!!

toffee77
01-08-13, 13:56
ya i agree about limk finishing games with a flourish but there are some big concerns about downes and dowling and these two guys not fully fit would seriously damage our chances of trying to kill of a stubborn clare outfit with the mad midget on the sideline roaring them on :D still im an optimist and reckon we will scrape it by a point or two and set up a final against the dubs which would be some day out........

Best Before
01-08-13, 14:48
Clare V Limerick. All Ireland Hurling Semi Final August 18 2013 Croke Park

Fun and games and plenty of slagging down here on shannonside. Neither side can afford to lose this. The bragging rights are massive from this.

Limerick are deserved favourites. After a slow start beat Tipperary second favourites for the All Ireland and then won the Munster title against Cork and we have seen what Cork have done since beating Kilkenny the favourites for the All Ireland. Limerick are finishing very strongly in all their games so far and are never beaten in their matches this year compared to other years.

Clare are a young side making very good progress. Had a good first round win against Waterford but underperformed against Cork even though they created many chances that they didnt take. Subsequent wins against Laois and Wexford were good. The quarter final win against Galway, third favourites for the All Ireland was their most stand out win so far
They are improving with every match but whether they can overcome their neighbours is the question?

Another 2 and a half weeks of taking the piss of each other...... Bring it on!!

I think Limerick are too strong for Clare.
Its a Dublin Vs Limerick final with it being tough to call the winner.

The D Man
01-08-13, 14:53

Why do you think Limerick are stronger Best Before?

peregine
01-08-13, 16:15

Come on the Dubs for the double!

Best Before
02-08-13, 08:37

I must put my hands up and say neither of these teams were on my Radar for any all-ireland glory. But i have being more impressed with Limerick especially the second half against Cork, so i'm going to go for Limerick. That's all, D Man nothing more than that, i'm more a football man myself!!

The D Man
02-08-13, 22:25
I must put my hands up and say neither of these teams were on my Radar for any all-ireland glory. But i have being more impressed with Limerick especially the second half against Cork, so i'm going to go for Limerick. That's all, D Man nothing more than that, i'm more a football man myself!!

All the 4 teams in the semi finals were not expected to be there, that is the beauty of the championship this year. Alot of people were impressed with that second half display. However one of the questions to be answered now is how Limerick will cope having to play outside the Gaelic Grounds. Their last 2 matches have been there and that was a factor in them winning them.

Football man very good, some interesting matches this weekend, Mayo and Donegal looks a good one with all the talk from both sides during the week

Best Before
03-08-13, 09:29
Looking forward to all the games this weekend. Dublin are not going to get it all their own way!

The D Man
09-08-13, 21:18
Great fun and slagging down here on both sides of the Shannon. The next week will be fun.

Best Before
10-08-13, 19:30
i think thats whats great about gaelic games, that fans can slag each other and its all taken in good sport, even at the matches. It wouldnt happen with rival fans at soccer matches in england. It should be a great game, i think limerick might jst edge it by two points.

Thats probably because its still an armature sport.

The D Man
13-08-13, 17:41
i think thats whats great about gaelic games, that fans can slag each other and its all taken in good sport, even at the matches. It wouldnt happen with rival fans at soccer matches in england. It should be a great game, i think limerick might jst edge it by two points.

Ketchup that is the great thing about gaa. It is all good natured slagging and fun. Although neither side of the Shannon can afford to lose this one as the bragging rights are massive on this one. Even if the loser was to beat the other next year in the championship it would still be said that they had lost in semi final in 2013.

NoBrain2
18-08-13, 16:53
Great win for Clare, hope they can go all the way

Best Before
18-08-13, 19:17

All the 4 teams in the semi finals were not expected to be there, that is the beauty of the championship this year. Alot of people were impressed with that second half display. However one of the questions to be answered now is how Limerick will cope having to play outside the Gaelic Grounds. Their last 2 matches have been there and that was a factor in them winning them.

Football man very good, some interesting matches this weekend, Mayo and Donegal looks a good one with all the talk from both sides during the week

I really got all predictions wrong!!, and on that note I'm not going to call a winner in the final but just to say it will be a close game.

toffee77
19-08-13, 00:49
well done clare and davy ye totally outclassed us today,we seemed nervous and ran out of ideas after 20 mins where as clare looked so much fresher and full of life and really looked a class act,hope ye beat the rebels.........from a fed up limerick man.......the long wait goes on..........

The D Man
27-08-13, 09:50
Hope u survived all the banter and slaggin d man. It should be a good game and hope it matches last sundays semi final. Up the banner.

Definitely survived Ketchup. The right side of the shannon won. 2 All Ireland finals to be won now so it could be a very special week in September for all Clare people both here at home and abroad.