PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Mens Singles Final

westcorklad
07-07-13, 09:21
Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

I think that this could be Murrays year.If he can win the first set today I see him going all the way, but whatever happens it should be a great match.

mister frumos
07-07-13, 11:22
Same here Murray all the way today.What a weekend of sport started with Murray semi final on Friday evening,really exciting match,Lions test win yesterday in Australia,ladies and mens tennis final and the German grand prix....waah hay.....happy days.

westcorklad
07-07-13, 11:28
Same here Murray all the way today.What a weekend of sport started with Murray semi final on Friday evening,really exciting match,Lions test win yesterday in Australia,ladies and mens tennis final and the German grand prix....waah hay.....happy days.

Also Cork playing Kerry today in the Munster Final.

mister frumos
07-07-13, 11:35
Also Cork playing Kerry today in the Munster Final.

So all the Cork and Kerry lads will be up in Dublin visiting the ladies,:D.....

mister frumos
07-07-13, 13:35
Just watching the tennis,Murrays girl is a stunner,and so elegantly dressed too,i think she is English....

UB40
07-07-13, 15:31
History is beckoning, how long has it been since a British male winner ?

justfrank44
07-07-13, 16:34
Now we have to listen to a loud of shite everywhere about the great british player. Typical media crap.

justfrank44
07-07-13, 17:03
ffs, so what if we have to listen to the media for a while, a british player has won wimbledon for the first time in 77 years. U didnt have to listen to them before, unless ur over 77 years.

For a while? Seriously? have you seen how their media acts. No matter what you watch or read there will be non stop crap about it as if it actually matters. Wonder how long it will take them to throw a knighthood at him. I mean, for feck sake, itīs a game of tennis. Not something actually useful.

Ļ a british player has won wimbledon for the first time in 77Ļ You say that like it actually matters, :rolleyes:

benin
07-07-13, 17:53
For a while? Seriously? have you seen how their media acts. No matter what you watch or read there will be non stop crap about it as if it actually matters. Wonder how long it will take them to throw a knighthood at him. I mean, for feck sake, itīs a game of tennis. Not something actually useful.

Ļ a british player has won wimbledon for the first time in 77Ļ You say that like it actually matters, :rolleyes:

To tennis fans it does matter..of you dont mind me saying ypur post is typical Bitter Irish crap

Well done Andy excellent achievement

justfrank44
07-07-13, 18:29
To tennis fans it does matter..of you dont mind me saying ypur post is typical Bitter Irish crap

Well done Andy excellent achievement

If you actually took the time to read my post, it is not anti british, It is anti british media and they way they hipe any achievment as if anyone else gives a crap. I am happy for andy, but i hate the crap we will now be subjected to as a result of his winning.

lovethegirls
07-07-13, 20:17
Delighted for Andy outstanding throughout the game and fought for every point. Thought Novak Djokovic would have been to strong for him before the game but Murray deserved it brilliant performance.

justfrank44
07-07-13, 20:41
Delighted for Andy outstanding throughout the game and fought for every point. Thought Novak Djokovic would have been to strong for him before the game but Murray deserved it brilliant performance.

Djokovic had to have suffered after his semi final, Murrays was comparatively easy. But Murray was on a roll after last year.

westcorklad
07-07-13, 21:21
Congrats to Andy Murray on beating Djokovic today.I don't think Djokovic can have any complaints as Murray was clearly the better player and fully deserved his victory,his third major title in less than 12 months.

westcorklad
07-07-13, 21:26
Now we have to listen to a loud of shite everywhere about the great british player. Typical media crap.

If you actually took the time to read my post, it is not anti british, It is anti british media and they way they hipe any achievment as if anyone else gives a crap. I am happy for andy, but i hate the crap we will now be subjected to as a result of his winning.

As far as I am aware no one is forcing you to see hear or read anything about Murray or tennis or anything else. Just ignore it if you are not happy about it.

Sancho Panza
07-07-13, 21:39
To be honest, I used not like Andy Murray. When he was younger, he was fairly arrogant. However, after having seen him crumble on Centre Court so many times over the years, I started to warm to him a bit. Gone was the talk of "when" he'd win a grand slam; that was replaced with a more fragile "if". Indeed, I really felt sorry for the lad after he squandered a great start in last year's Wimbledon final against Roger Federer. He was clearly distraught afterwards and barely able to speak to Sue Barker. Many of his fans were unsure if would ever recover from that blow to his confidence. The fact that he overcame such a hard loss and broke the Fred Perry curse at the very next time of asking really is a testament to both his strength of character and his immense talent.

So let me utter three words that I thought I'd never say: Well done, Andy!:)

justfrank44
07-07-13, 21:57
As far as I am aware no one is forcing you to see hear or read anything about Murray or tennis or anything else. Just ignore it if you are not happy about it.

Ah, if only it were that easy, thanks for the concern. :lmao:

EIFII
07-07-13, 22:38
Djokovic had to have suffered after his semi final, Murrays was comparatively easy. But Murray was on a roll after last year.

Rubbish. Murray fought back from two sets down in his quarter final, so neither finalist had an easy route to the final.
As for your trenchant views on the British media, I advise you not to buy an English (or Irish) newspaper tomorrow and then I'd say you're safe until BBC Sports Personality of the Year :D

peregine
08-07-13, 12:01
Vettel wins in Germany, Dublin beat Galway for leinster champs, but Djokovic lost. Ah well 2 out of three aint bad. Djokovic had a harder semi final against del Potro. Murray had easier semi.

justfrank44
08-07-13, 16:49
Rubbish. Murray fought back from two sets down in his quarter final, so neither finalist had an easy route to the final.
As for your trenchant views on the British media, I advise you not to buy an English (or Irish) newspaper tomorrow and then I'd say you're safe until BBC Sports Personality of the Year :D

I think you will find murray had the easier route. A time difference of what? An hour and a half, part of which was something like a 45 min break were he was able to go and have a shower, whereas the other semi was hard fought for a solid 4hr 45 mins in the hottest part of the day.
As for your other comment, I do not buy any newspapers, and if you use the example of england winning the world cup in 66, we are going to be hearing about this for a long time.:rolleyes:

EIFII
08-07-13, 17:04
I think you will find murray had the easier route. A time difference of what? An hour and a half, part of which was something like a 45 min break were he was able to go and have a shower, whereas the other semi was hard fought for a solid 4hr 45 mins in the hottest part of the day.
As for your other comment, I do not buy any newspapers, and if you use the example of england winning the world cup in 66, we are going to be hearing about this for a long time.:rolleyes:
My previous comment referred to Murray's quarter final against Verdasco, where there was no imposed break during which Murray was able to take a shower.
And yes you will hear about Murray again in 50 weeks time when he'll be back to defend his title. Until then I'd say we'll hear very little. Does hearing about England's hopes of repeating their one success in 1966 offend you? I for one like to be reminded of a nations past sporting successes, such as Roche in the Tour de France for example ;)

AbsoluteNoob
08-07-13, 23:24
Tiocfaidh ar la! Fenian bastards!, Gerry Adams for president, the famine's over!, Hun cunts! Never surrender! Murdering bastards! God save the Queen!!

Too soon?

westcorklad
09-07-13, 08:15
Tiocfaidh ar la! Fenian bastards!, Gerry Adams for president, the famine's over!, Hun cunts! Never surrender! Murdering bastards! God save the Queen!!

Too soon?

I think the sun has got to you.

TomEA
09-07-13, 08:56
Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic

I think that this could be Murrays year.If he can win the first set today I see him going all the way, but whatever happens it should be a great match.

The game itself was incredible to watch. Fair play to Murray, I did see him winning but not in straight sets.