PDA

View Full Version : Confederations Cup Final

westcorklad
30-06-13, 12:14
Any predictions for tonights Final- Brazil v.Spain?

I think this match will go to extra time but I feel that Brazil will win.I will go for a 2-1 result.

In the third place play off match I think that Italy will beat Uruguay 1-0.

Volcano81
30-06-13, 13:30
Can't see Spain having a second bad game in a row. Comfortable win for me, 3-1.

Buachaillbeag
30-06-13, 14:47
Hopefully Spain, they are class. This is a poor Brazil side

AbsoluteNoob
30-06-13, 18:32
Brazil. Sick of seeing Spain win everything! 3-2 to a seleção.

WatWatWat
30-06-13, 22:04
Ggggoooooaaaaaal

Doozer
30-06-13, 22:27
Spain lucky not to be down to 10 men
Not playing at their best , maybe their fitness levels have dropped

westcorklad
01-07-13, 00:03
Comfortable 3-0 win for Brazil but Spain looked jaded.I think the extra time and penalties they had to go through in the semi final used up their resources.Having said that Brazil played very well and have now won this tournament 3 times in a row so congrats to them.Obviously they will be hoping for the same again in the World Cup in 12 months time.

TomEA
01-07-13, 09:30
Hulk had some crackin' game in fairness. Made Spain look silly at times.

westcorklad
01-07-13, 09:32
Hulk had some crackin' game in fairness. Made Spain look silly at times.

Yeah he was just incredible last night.

Sorry.............

TomEA
01-07-13, 09:38
Yeah he was just incredible last night.

Sorry.............

...........Sorry?

westcorklad
01-07-13, 09:42
...........Sorry?

http://www.boxofficefootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hulkporto.jpg

WatWatWat
01-07-13, 10:11
Why did they have it on so late. . . Did they not know that i had to be up at 7 this morning ffs

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 10:21
It was a worthless friendly tournament. I slept last night and didn't watch it!!!

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 11:35
Congratulations Brazil.. well done! the special, magical (old times) team is back?

Italy 3rd :D :D :D :D

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :dance: :dance: :dance: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

westcorklad
01-07-13, 11:44
It was a worthless friendly tournament. I slept last night and didn't watch it!!!

The 73500 people who were in the Maracana last night didn't seem to consider it worthless.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 11:50
The 73500 people who were in the Maracana last night didn't seem to consider it worthless.

Brazil is a football mad country, will always be the case.

In the grand scheme of things it is an end of season friendly tournament which will have no impact on 2014. Hence my total apathy.

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 11:53
WHAT? CONFEDERATION CUP WORTHLESS???
I'm not a "ball head" but for countries with football tradition like ITALY, BRAZIL, SPAIN, GERMAN, ARGENTINA AND MANY OTHER.. they do not consider it "worthless".. sorry Martin :D

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 11:55
WHAT? CONFEDERATION CUP WORTHLESS???
I'm not a "ball head" but for countries with football tradition like ITALY, BRAZIL, SPAIN, GERMAN, ARGENTINA AND MANY OTHER.. they do not consider it "worthless".. sorry Martin :D

Oh, they do. They just have to turn up!! :D

But i am looking forward to the first South American world cup since my first one in Mexico 86. The fans are mental, going to be something else!!!

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 11:55
Well you "apathy" cannot be forced to us.. If you do not like just do not post, is this the politeness code for the forums?

In the grand scheme of things it is an end of season friendly tournament which will have no impact on 2014. Hence my total apathy.

westcorklad
01-07-13, 11:58

Youre entitled to your opinion even though I don't agree with you on this.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 11:58
Well you "apathy" cannot be forced to us.. If you do not like just do not post, is this the politeness code for the forums?

I am just giving my opinion on the tournament and it's real impact and significance for 2014. That makes it a valid point and acceptable post :D

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 12:01
Well... politics, religion and football is not easy conversations... :lmao: :lmao:

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 12:02
Well... politics, religion and football is not an easy conversations... :lmao: :lmao:

I love your passion. It is that, and that of your countrymen which will make 2014 unmissable...seriously

Dub Lad
01-07-13, 12:03

Seeing as Brazil is the host nation and the only real competitive football they will have before the 2014 world cup is the confederations cup I think it's fairly serious for them.

You could say the champions league is a glorified friendly tournament that happens each year, the winner of a league goes in against winners of other leagues to win a trophy and even shit teams get in.

TomEA
01-07-13, 12:04
I am just giving my opinion on the tournament and it's real impact and significance for 2014. That makes it a valid point and acceptable post :D

It's impact on an entirely different tournament shouldn't really take anything away from this one though. Although I see where your coming from with your comments, it's the WC that separates the men from the boys.

westcorklad
01-07-13, 12:04
Oh, they do. They just have to turn up!! :D

But i am looking forward to the first South American world cup since my first one in Mexico 86. The fans are mental, going to be something else!!!

Sorry to be a pain in the ass today but geographically Mexico is part of North and Central America.So really the 2014 World Cup will be the first held in South America since Argentina in 1978.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 12:06
Sorry to be a pain in the ass today but geographically Mexico is part of North and Central America.So really the 2014 World Cup will be the first held in South America since Argentina in 1978.

Bugger off you pedantic sod LOL ;)

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 12:09
Well.. I'm half Italian and Half Brazilian.. completely mad for both teams.. I do not watch other tournaments, but when we are talking about World cups and nations cups.. well... I'm very passionate indeed :D :D :D

I have to go now.. Will check this thread later..lol..

Lots of kisses to all :p

I love your passion. It is that, and that of your countrymen which will make 2014 unmissable...seriously

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 12:10
Seeing as Brazil is the host nation and the only real competitive football they will have before the 2014 world cup is the confederations cup I think it's fairly serious for them.

You could say the champions league is a glorified friendly tournament that happens each year, the winner of a league goes in against winners of other leagues to win a trophy and even shit teams get in.

I see this as more of a Community Shield thing.

But won't comment any more it sounds negative. Made my point about how important I see it in the grand scheme of things, that is that. Not here to piss on peoples bonfires

Let us at least congratulate Brazil for a well earned victory, and if it gives them a bit of confidence before 2014 then it will be worthwhile for them

westcorklad
01-07-13, 12:16
Bugger off you pedantic sod LOL ;)

Fair enough so.BTW I do agree with you on one point.Brazil won the Confederations Cup in 2005 and 2009 but failed to win the following years World Cups so it doesn't necessarily mean that things will change next year either.

westcorklad
01-07-13, 12:24
Well.. I'm half Italian and Half Brazilian.. completely mad for both teams.. I do not watch other tournaments, but when we are talking about World cups and nations cups.. well... I'm very passionate indeed :D :D :D

I have to go now.. Will check this thread later..lol..

Lots of kisses to all :p

Hey BB if I had known that you were a football fan,I would have worn a Brazilan shirt and Italian shorts the last time I visited you.:pMust make a note for the diary.;)

Rachel Divine
01-07-13, 12:27
"Best Brazil and Worst Spain"

Sometimes we lose , other times we win.

Such is life.

Lets see what 2014 give us. The show and good time , for us feels great, no matter who wins.

patty
01-07-13, 12:33
I always believe BRA would win when we have Felipe Scolari anything is possible

westcorklad
01-07-13, 12:57
I always believe BRA would win when we have Felipe Scolari anything is possible

Agreed Patty.Any chance he would consider taking over as Ireland manager after the World Cup?:rolleyes:

blondiebombshell
01-07-13, 13:17
Well... we are good with uniforms then... After the Princess Lea outfit..What will I wear next??? lol...
Nice combination.. Brazilian shirt and Italian Shorts.. :D :D :D

Hey BB if I had known that you were a football fan,I would have worn a Brazilan shirt and Italian shorts the last time I visited you.:pMust make a note for the diary.;)

patty
01-07-13, 13:28
Agreed Patty.Any chance he would consider taking over as Ireland manager after the World Cup?:rolleyes:

Lol I would love to

Rachel Divine
01-07-13, 14:02
I believe Neymar to be brilliant player.. One of the best at the moment :)

TomEA
01-07-13, 14:15
I believe Neymar to be brilliant player.. One of the best at the moment :)

He will be a great addition to Barca :) I think the spanish playing style has been brought to light a bit recently though, a bit of constructive strength and the spanish teams can't handle it. Bayern showed pressure tactics and made Barca look weak, again last night Brazil got stuck in from the whistle and from the start you could see the spanish side really struggling to come to terms with the playing style.

westcorklad
01-07-13, 14:31
Well... we are good with uniforms then... After the Princess Lea outfit..What will I wear next??? lol...
Nice combination.. Brazilian shirt and Italian Shorts.. :D :D :D

Well I meant I would wear them but on second thoughts they would look far better on you than on me.;)

Especially if you had an outfit like these then I think everybody would suddenly take an interest in football;:D
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pz6VF_KRNBQ/TB9u4gBz0VI/AAAAAAAAANw/U7yc4q3Sm8k/s1600/7y1bnux7acvfdmkh.D0.hot-football-fan-babes-brazil-07.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e9zx813p3sw/SfqF59yDAII/AAAAAAAAGFw/-Erz67WYG_8/s400/Painted_World_Cup_Football_Soccer_Girl_11.jpg

Rachel Divine
01-07-13, 14:38
He will be a great addition to Barca :) I think the spanish playing style has been brought to light a bit recently though, a bit of constructive strength and the spanish teams can't handle it. Bayern showed pressure tactics and made Barca look weak, again last night Brazil got stuck in from the whistle and from the start you could see the spanish side really struggling to come to terms with the playing style.
We need a better team. Arbeloa out , Xavi and Iniesta were too tired. Torres, not as good as used to be.
Brazil put pressure very up on the field , we lost the ball there too much .. Defending was a disaster ...
We ll see what happens next year.
As for Neymar in Barca, depends how he will get on with Messi.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 14:39
Barcelona needs to concentrate on buying a defence, not another striker

TomEA
01-07-13, 14:44
Iniesta if you ask me along with Navas(thank god he came on and made even a few plays), looked like the only two players on the spanish team that hadn't given up after the first half.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 15:02
Iniesta if you ask me along with Navas(thank god he came on and made even a few plays), looked like the only two players on the spanish team that hadn't given up after the first half.

Something to do with the fact that the South Americans are more interested in these things than Europeans.

Look at the World Club cup, no-one in Europe really cares, yet it is huge for the South Americans.

Amanda Babe
01-07-13, 16:05
Great Job Brazil :D

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Sweet kisses :kiss:

TomEA
01-07-13, 16:08
Something to do with the fact that the South Americans are more interested in these things than Europeans.

Look at the World Club cup, no-one in Europe really cares, yet it is huge for the South Americans.

True, but in these types of competitions a team really shows it's colours, your down 3-0, 20 minutes to go...do you give up and start throwing a few dodgy tackles in or do you get stuck in and try and get a consolation goal...I know which I;d prefer.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 16:09
True, but in these types of competitions a team really shows it's colours, your down 3-0, 20 minutes to go...do you give up and start throwing a few dodgy tackles in or do you get stuck in and try and get a consolation goal...I know which I;d prefer.

If you are European you get ready for your holidays, don't risk injury and say 'see you in 12 months boys' :)

TomEA
01-07-13, 16:13
If you are European you get ready for your holidays, don't risk injury and say 'see you in 12 months boys' :)

Mentality of all highly paid players now a days I suppose.

Martin Ward
01-07-13, 16:15
Mentality of all highly paid players now a days I suppose.

European players prioritise, must be a cultural thing.

South American players will play in the street and show as much passion as they would in the world cup final....at the risk of sterotyping, maybe it has something to do with the fact that the South Americans came from poorer backgrounds and football really was everything