PDA

View Full Version : Federer wins at Wimbledon!!!

Martin Ward
24-06-13, 14:29
Reigning champion Roger Federer eased into the second round of Wimbledon with a 6-3 6-2 6-0 win over Victor Hanescu.
The world number three and third seed needed just 69 minutes to beat the Romanian world number 48, hitting a mere six unforced errors in total.
Federer, 31, won his first Wimbledon title 10 years ago and is now looking for title number eight.

Elsewhere, number 30 seed Fabio Fognini is out after he was beaten 7-6 5-7 3-6 2-6 by Jurgen Melzer.
Federer, who beat Andy Murray in last year's final, has continued where he left off on grass, winning his 77th career title in Halle just over a week ago.
The former world number one, hit 32 winners and broke his opponent six times in total.
"I've won Wimbledon a few times now but it still feels special," he said.
"I still enjoy myself in the first round and it's a pleasure playing on centre court again this year.
"I thought it was a good first round for me. I'm very happy. Conditions are pretty cold but it releases some of the pressure now."
He will play Ukrainian world number 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky in the second round.

Come on Roger...make it eight!!!

WD-40
24-06-13, 15:22
Come on Roger...make it eight!!!

Reckon this could be that ugly scot fellas year, he got good last while..

richieboy
26-06-13, 19:52
There falling like flys a the moment any sign off the strawberry and cream .

NoBrain2
27-06-13, 12:22
Federer is knocked out of wimbledon. Beaten by stakhovsky in 4 sets. It could be murrays year.

Like every year, it could be Murray's year. Just like Henman before

peregine
27-06-13, 12:50
If murray wins he will bw English, if he loses he will be scottish.