PDA

View Full Version : British and Irish Lions Team announced for Saturday!

SexyIrishEva
20-06-13, 04:44
http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/british-and-irish-lions-name-brian-o8217driscoll-and-jonathan-davies-as-centres-in-1st-test-team/story-fnh5q2ew-1226666845809

IRISH icon Brian O'Driscoll and Jonathan Davies have been paired in the centres for a British and Irish Lions assault on Saturday's first Test which includes a warning to the Wallabies in the front-row.

The tourists have selected England's Alex Corbisiero at loosehead prop for his scrum power even though he flew in late as a tour replacement.

He was selected ahead of countryman Mako Vunipola, far more adept around the field with ball-running and off-loading but not yet with the Test-toughened scrum experience of Corbisiero.

Wallabies put faith in debutants

As expected, injuries chopped powerhouse centre options Jamie Roberts (hamstring) and Manu Tuilagi (shoulder) from consideration for the scene-setting series opener at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

The starting XV comprises eight new Test Lions and will be captained by Welshman Sam Warburton.

In the backs, Leigh Halfpenny, Alex Cuthbert, George North, Jonathan Davies and Jonathan Sexton all make their Lions Test debuts.

British & Irish Lions team for 1st Test v Wallabies

15. Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues/Wales)

14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues/Wales)

13. Brian O'Driscoll (Leinster/Ireland)

12. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets/Wales)

11. George North (Scarlets/Wales)

10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/Ireland)

9. Mike Phillips (Bayonne/Wales)

1. Alex Corbisiero (London Irish/England)

2. Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)

3. Adam Jones (Ospreys/Wales)

4. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys/Wales)

5. Paul O'Connell (Munster/Ireland)

6. Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers/England)

7. Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues/Wales, capt)

8. Jamie Heaslip (Leinster/Ireland)

Replacements

16. Richard Hibbard (Ospreys/Wales)

17. Makovina Vunipola (Saracens/England)

18. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers/England)

19. Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers/England)

20. Dan Lydiate (Dragons/Wales)

21. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers/England)

22. Owen Farrell (Saracens/England)

23. Sean Maitland (Glasgow Warriors/Ireland)

It should be a brilliant match!

richieboy
20-06-13, 04:54
Hope its a cracker off a series best off luck to the lions .

SexyIrishEva
21-06-13, 20:35
I'm looking forward to it and hope the Lions will be victorious! :)

UB40
21-06-13, 22:01
What pub is best to watch the match. I suppose a breakfast special is on the cards

pleasurekerry
22-06-13, 10:27
first blood to Aussies....could be a cracker in store..

richieboy
22-06-13, 10:46
Lions starting to play now north scores a good try halfpenny kicking is stop on 13 to 7 to the lions at the moment.

richieboy
22-06-13, 11:07
Half time 13 to 12 to the lions great game could go either way .

EIFII
22-06-13, 13:01
Half time 13 to 12 to the lions great game could go either way .

Oh yes!! Unbelievable the wallabies missed two late penalties, so the Lions are ROARING :)

richieboy
22-06-13, 13:16
Lucky lucky lions place kicking won the day for the lions great game to watch cant wait for next week .

SexyIrishEva
23-06-13, 06:21
The Aussie's played so well, we were very lucky. Folau is some player as well; definitely a lot to show in the future considering it was his first international appearance.

mr gear
23-06-13, 11:14
What pub is best to watch the match. I suppose a breakfast special is on the cards

The wolf shed in parnell st good aussie pub to watch it in

richieboy
29-06-13, 09:49
Come on the lions win the series today it will be very tough .

pleasurekerry
29-06-13, 10:50
half time;
Lions lead 12 - 9

Ted E Bear
29-06-13, 10:54
Good kicking again by halfpenny. Unlucky with the one that hit the bar. Cmon the lions.

He is one cool headed guy, thankfully he wasn't with wales when we managed to scrap the grand slam.

Ted E Bear
29-06-13, 11:52
Well at least the third game will be competitive.

richieboy
29-06-13, 11:52
Great game hard luck the lions beat 16 to 15 all down to next week

SexyIrishEva
29-06-13, 23:18
My money's on the Lions for next week!

UB40
29-06-13, 23:29
My money's on the Lions for next week!

I'll keep my money in my pocket. Too close to call!

CareBear
03-07-13, 09:03
Brian o driscoll left out of the lions squad. What a shock. Wil that cost the lions? Its a huge call imo.
WTF, i had to google that before i would believe it. How do you go from being in the test side, to not even making the bench, unless your injured!! Especially as Roberts is just back from injury.
The Team is looking a bit Welsh Heavy!!

eagle
03-07-13, 15:47
And the hitler reaction video has already been made!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deg1bQt1rzQ

SexyIrishEva
03-07-13, 17:37
I heard the news about Brian O'Driscoll earlier, and I'm sure everybody is shocked about his exclusion. Perhaps there's something going on behind the scenes that hasn't yet been made public?

UB40
03-07-13, 19:43
No leader, no guile, no hope. But I hope the other paddies do well!

lovethegirls
03-07-13, 21:58
Very strange decision not even on the bench

dr love
06-07-13, 10:54
What a start for the lions, this looks like its going to be an open game. Come on the lions. Ten nil up after 8 mins.
Yep and it gets better .: doc

pleasurekerry
06-07-13, 10:54
Lions completely dominating, especially in the scrum, o'brien excellent tackling- oops, aussie try at 41 mins....19 - 10 half time...hhmm.

richieboy
06-07-13, 11:02
Great start by the lions that late try by the aussie keeps them in the game come on the lions .

dr love
06-07-13, 11:31
Try for the lions, brilliant. Come on the lions. Momentum back with the lions again.

Lets hope so .: doc

richieboy
06-07-13, 11:41
I think that's the series for the lions great performance .

pleasurekerry
06-07-13, 11:47
41 16 at 71 mins...what a performance...Gatland vindicated!

dr love
06-07-13, 11:48
So does the result justify the exclusion of ODriscoll from the team ?? .: doc

EIFII
06-07-13, 12:21
I stil think bod should have been in the squad doc. But gatland is the manager and he makes the tough calls. So u have to give him credit. Its a team event after all.

As a non Welsh Lions supporter I am under whelmed by the victory. I think BOD is now left in an impossible situation - as if the test victory was only possible without him.

Ultimately I think Gat-Wales was mean spirited and wrong to exclude BOD and the victory does not change that

CareBear
07-07-13, 11:52
Great result by the lions, even if it is tainted by the droping of O'Driscoll.:o

Ted E Bear
07-07-13, 12:26
As a non Welsh Lions supporter I am under whelmed by the victory. I think BOD is now left in an impossible situation - as if the test victory was only possible without him.

Ultimately I think Gat-Wales was mean spirited and wrong to exclude BOD and the victory does not change that

O'Driscoll playing would not have made the team any weaker and I think everyone knows that but Wales won a grand slam more or less without Gatland last year so maybe he was trying to keep these players on his side for next season.

justfrank44
07-07-13, 16:42
Obviously, Bod was holding the team back as can be seen by the difference in the score lines from when he was playing and when he wasn´t. :lmao: