PDA

View Full Version : anti slavery laws being proposed

warmcome
19-06-13, 21:34
i heard lady explaining on Midweek, TV3 how the govt proposes new law to protect
those working against their will or coerced etc (regardless of work type)

could there be 'overlap' with what torl hope and pray for? :dance::dance:

milkman
19-06-13, 21:53
In theory , something that any right-minded citizen would support - i have no doubt that leverage will be used to squeeze 'all ' prostitution into the ideology if not the law itself. Dept of Justice would be fairly strict on how any such legislation would hasve to be enforced as it would open up a huge can of worms if legislation was not tightly secured . Nevertheless, anybody co-ercing or forcing others for labour/sex work , fuck 'em - life sentences aren't enough.

LaBelleThatcher
20-06-13, 00:32
Well something tells me this law will not be able to cover "coercion by economic necessity" which is TORL biggest piece of insanity...THAT would be a can of worms all right...

With a bit of luck, in combination with 2008 anti-trafficking law it might make TORL demands redundant...

Larrii
20-06-13, 05:07
Well something tells me this law will not be able to cover "coercion by economic necessity" ..

That covers everyone who didn't inherit 10 million aged 21.... we've all had to "work" to keep the show on the road. We'd have preferred to hang out in Puerto Banus on a yacht.

Thinking of normality and abusive coercion, what about the 20% of wives who are beaten? Presumably many of them were married in a church approved by torl. But that's OK, god arranges everything for the best....

20%?? 2% would be awful...
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/abuse-of-women-usually-happens-behind-closed-doors-not-in-the-full-media-glare-1.1433525

LaBelleThatcher
20-06-13, 10:47
I couldn't help noticing that sub headline Larrii:
Many victims of violence are paralysed by fear

Isn't that what is happening to the sex industry?

I always think, and sometimes speak of it as "The NGO sector" because I am accustomed to dealing with identical systems and strategies coming from a wider context...but the truth is that, in real terms TORL meet all criteria for ongoing mental and emotional violence:
http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissistcult.html

Now, violence is violence, abuse is abuse...there is no "get out of jail free" card because you are financed by a couple of religious orders and government departments.

...and we are too scared to speak out...some of that fear *IS* rational...there is very deep, very old stigma at play, and BY GOD TORL know how to play on that, but it isn't all rational at all...