PDA

View Full Version : Matsushita killed in TT practice

Lara Mills
28-05-13, 11:27
Matsushita killed in TT practice

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/AU1048763.jpg

43 year old Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita lost his life in this evening's TT practice session.
The incident happened at Ballacrye in the North of the Island.
The session was immediately red flagged following the accident.
The following statement was issued on behalf of the Auto Cycle Union:
ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during the qualifying session at the 2013 Isle of Man TT Races in an incident at Ballacrye.
Yoshinari, from Saitama in Japan was an experienced racer who first competed at the TT Races in 2009.
As well as competing regularly in the Superstock and Superbike classes he also finished 5th in the 2011 TT Zero for electric bikes. He was also 2008 Motegi Endurance race winner.
The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Yoshinari’s family and friends.
Gary Thompson, MBE, Clerk of the Course, ACU, commented:
“Yoshi was a really popular competitor who had a large number of friends in the TT Races paddock. He was a genuine and friendly character who always had time for everyone. He will be sorely missed.”
The Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway.

Source: click here (http://www.manxradiott365.com/newsread.aspx?id=65431)

Lara Mills
28-05-13, 11:28
The first death of TT... very sad :( Unfortunately, I don't think it will be the last

Paul6
28-05-13, 12:19
Very sad another dying pursuit of glory.The problem with modern bikes now is physically they out do what a human effort can physically achieve .
If u want an insight to tt races look at film"closer to the edge" brilliant film.
Guy Martin thin line between mad and genius , make yer own mind up.

Lara Mills
28-05-13, 12:43
Very sad another dying pursuit of glory.The problem with modern bikes now is physically they out do what a human effort can physically achieve .
If u want an insight to tt races look at film"closer to the edge" brilliant film.
Guy Martin thin line between mad and genius , make yer own mind up.

I love "Closer to the Edge". Guy Martin has a good insight into the TT:

I can imagine,from the outside looking in, anyone that's racing the TT looks like the lights are on but no one's home.

I went to the Isle of Man last year to watch the TT, and luckily no racers were killed. I remember someone else on the film saying something like "you can't love the death, but you can't love the TT without knowing that's a part of it".

Lara Mills
28-05-13, 16:47
Yoshinari Matsushita: Riders pay tribute to TT racer

Tributes have been paid to the Japanese racer Yoshinari Matsushita, who died in Monday's qualification for the Isle of Man TT races.

The 43-year-old Tyco Suzuki rider died in an accident at Ballacrye on the 37.75 mile Mountain Course.

Team-mate Josh Brookes and Manx TT star Conor Cummins said their thoughts were with his family and friends.

Click here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-22694039) for the video.

Clyde
28-05-13, 17:06
It's the ultimate race one slip and your gone only the brave can win RIP Yoshinari Matsushita.

hor
28-05-13, 18:50
a sad day for the sport its become the norm wit the tt , brave men every last one rip

Lara Mills
29-05-13, 10:19
One of the racers one said something like "racing on a track is like rock climbing with a rope. There's room for error because the rope will save you. Road racing is rock climbing without the rope."

Hopefully the rest of the tourist trophy will go without incident :(