PDA

View Full Version : Martinez to decide Wigan future in next 24hrs

Martin Ward
22-05-13, 13:26
Roberto Martinez will make a decision on his future at Wigan in the next 24 hours after holding talks with chairman Dave Whelan at lunchtime today.
The pair will meet again on Thursday, with Martinez having told his chairman he will tell him definitively whether he plans to stay at Wigan.

Wigan have yet to receive a formal approach for the Spaniard.
"Roberto wants 24 hours to think about what is going on," Whelan told BBC Sport. "Tomorrow is D-Day."
Whelan added: "I had a meeting with Roberto at noon today.
"It was a very constructive meeting where we discussed all kinds of things - winning the Cup, our relegation, our prospects for next season.

"Roberto wants 24 hours to think about what is going on. He wants to speak to his wife, think about it, which I fully understand.
"We are going to meet tomorrow and Roberto is going to make his mind up whether he wants to continue his contract with Wigan or whether he wants to take up a new position elsewhere.
"There is a massive amount of loyalty between Roberto and myself. If he wants to stay, that is fantastic and I will be over the moon. But if he decides he wants to move on I will full respect that and I will give him every bit of support I can."

My money says he will be off to Everton

NoBrain2
23-05-13, 21:13
id like to see him stay and try and bring wigan back up, but your probably right, dont think he could turn down everton if they wanted him

The D Man
23-05-13, 21:18
Martin O'Neill also strongly linked with Everton job

lovethegirls
23-05-13, 22:14
My money says he will be off to Everton

Hope your right. Think he is a perfect fit for the Everton job.

NoBrain2
28-05-13, 12:38
Just announced hes leaving Wigan

lovethegirls
28-05-13, 16:34
Hopefully talks with Everton all goes well

Clyde
28-05-13, 22:08
Hopefully talks with Everton all goes well

He would be great replacement

lovethegirls
29-05-13, 13:47
He would be great replacement

He is currently meeting Everton chairman Bill Kenwright for lunch probably means they are having a burger and a free pint in wetherspoons on Everton's budget lol.

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 10:28
Announcement expected this afternoon to confirm Roberto as manager. Everton don't half drag things out.

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 10:43
I seriously worry that Martinez got a mid table team relegated last year. Plus, when they went down, they always folded like a pack of cards

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 10:53
I seriously worry that Martinez got a mid table team relegated last year. Plus, when they went down, they always folded like a pack of cards

Opinions are split among us Evertonians on the appointment. Im all for it he was my first choice for the past few months once it was clear Moyes was not staying. Honestly think he will do a great job. Might even win at Anfield with his positive approach rather than a negative one Martin lol.

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 10:57
Opinions are split among us Evertonians on the appointment. Im all for it he was my first choice for the past few months once it was clear Moyes was not staying. Honestly think he will do a great job. Might even win at Anfield with his positive approach rather than a negative one Martin lol.

LOL! Coutinho will eat you alive! On the flipside I know Martinez has a lot of respect in the game.

I am so interested to see how it goes

Jaygoodtimes
05-06-13, 11:20
LOL! Coutinho will eat you alive! On the flipside I know Martinez has a lot of respect in the game.

Coutinho will? What about suarez lol

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 11:27

Should be good games next year in the derbies both Rodgers and Roberto like to play good football. Great player that Coutinho.

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 11:32
Coutinho will? What about suarez lol

If we can get rid of a player who doesn't want to be there for 50 million, we can get three players for 15 who improve the team in general.

Suarez us usually about Suarez and can be very wasteful. If we can have a team where everyone is a danger, we improve

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 11:33
Should be good games next year in the derbies both Rodgers and Roberto like to play good football. Great player that Coutinho.

Not been so excited about a player since Torres joined up

Jaygoodtimes
05-06-13, 11:52
If we can get rid of a player who doesn't want to be there for 50 million, we can get three players for 15 who improve the team in general.

Suarez us usually about Suarez and can be very wasteful. If we can have a team where everyone is a danger, we improve

Thats true, Liverpool seem to waste a lot of money though on players that dont work out or where never worth the money to begin with. You could have gotten 2 decent players for what ye spent on andy carrol but now it looks as if instead ye will be losing 50% by selling him to west ham or anyone else for that matter

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 11:54
Thats true, Liverpool seem to waste a lot of money though on players that dont work out or where never worth the money to begin with. You could have gotten 2 decent players for what ye spent on andy carrol but now it looks as if instead ye will be losing 50% by selling him to west ham or anyone else for that matter

Look at Sturridge and Coutinho though...excellent but cheap.

In the end, we were always going to lose money on Carroll as the deal was moronic. Being a glass half full guy, I look at us getting 15 million to spend NOW

Jaygoodtimes
05-06-13, 12:00
Look at Sturridge and Coutinho though...excellent but cheap.

In the end, we were always going to lose money on Carroll as the deal was moronic. Being a glass half full guy, I look at us getting 15 million to spend NOW

Yeah looking on the bright side, a full season ahead and anything can happen. We might lose some players this summer with Koscienly now questioning the club and we probably wont replace him. Nor will we buy big. We,ve bought 2 players so far both of which are under the age of 20 and have never played in the top division of any league. Actually my mistake they wer eboth free transfers, but still.

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 12:02
Yeah looking on the bright side, a full season ahead and anything can happen. We might lose some players this summer with Koscienly now questioning the club and we probably wont replace him. Nor will we buy big. We,ve bought 2 players so far both of which are under the age of 20 and have never played in the top division of any league. Actually my mistake they wer eboth free transfers, but still.

Brilliant by Wenger this year. This team is not great individually, but you got three points more than when you had RVP last year.

But to step up you need better players

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 13:33
Confirmed 4 year deal. Welcome to Everton Roberto

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 15:19
Apparently Martinez's first words to Kenwright were "I will get Everton into the Champions League"

The second were apparently "More Rioja Bill?"

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 15:35
And his third were i turned down the red shite lol

Martin Ward
05-06-13, 15:37
And his third were i turned down the red shite lol

Ha! Only Dave Whelan thought that. We instead went for the better option ;)

Such an interesting season ahead

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 15:42
Ha! Only Dave Whelan thought that. We instead went for the better option ;)

Such an interesting season ahead

Cant wait now for the season to begin. Good feeling about Roberto. Fixtures out 19th of June deffo going over first home game.

lovethegirls
05-06-13, 23:20

I'm a firm believer in selling a player if he don't want to be there. As you said Martin Liverpool can get 3 players for selling a player who is suspended for 10 games a season

Martin Ward
06-06-13, 10:35
I'm a firm believer in selling a player if he don't want to be there. As you said Martin Liverpool can get 3 players for selling a player who is suspended for 10 games a season

Suarez seems like the kind of guy who will sulk if he wants to go. I would wave him off, but at the right price