PDA

View Full Version : Lampard signs one year contract at Chelsea

Martin Ward
16-05-13, 12:15
Frank Lampard has signed a one-year contract to stay at Chelsea.
The England midfielder became the club's all-time leading scorer last week, but his existing deal was due to expire at the end of this season.
"I'm absolutely delighted. Everybody knows I always maintained the dream to stay," the 34-year-old said.
"I want to thank Mr Abramovich for making the dream a reality. I love this club, the staff, the players and especially the supporters."

To be fair, I can believe this was left to drag out so long

To me, this was about them not wanting to give him a long term deal, where, in the end they will get stuck with a player on massive wages who won't be playing.

A one year contract is fine though

Clyde
16-05-13, 13:01
Good news for the Club ....hell it needs stability, I think Terry is on the way out though the boss blames him for the fall out with Andre Villas-Boas and he's right .......

westcorklad
16-05-13, 17:39
Good news for the Club ....hell it needs stability, I think Terry is on the way out though the boss blames him for the fall out with Andre Villas-Boas and he's right .......

Chelsea and stability.Two words that dont go well together.If Mourinho does come back next season and things dont work out I wonder how long it will be before his job comes under threat.

Clyde
16-05-13, 17:46
Chelsea and stability.Two words that dont go well together.If Mourinho does come back next season and things dont work out I wonder how long it will be before his job comes under threat.

I know it's a wish of mine that they get stability and with the owner you never know toooooo mush money in his pocket

westcorklad
16-05-13, 17:52
I know it's a wish of mine that they get stability and with the owner you never know toooooo mush money in his pocket

Yeah and it looks like Man City are repeating the pattern.Time for the Man U Arsenal and Everton way to be adopted maybe?

Clyde
16-05-13, 17:58
Yeah and it looks like Man City are repeating the pattern.Time for the Man U Arsenal and Everton way to be adopted maybe?

Hopefully not I'm a fan of Chelsea a long time when we were more a fa cup side but with Zola flo Hasselbank it was pure football I think the gunners and spurs still have that the league needs to keep real

westcorklad
16-05-13, 18:16
Hopefully not I'm a fan of Chelsea a long time when we were more a fa cup side but with Zola flo Hasselbank it was pure football I think the gunners and spurs still have that the league needs to keep real

I meant more in fact that the manager should be given time to establish his style of play and not have a knee jerk reaction when success doesnt happen immediately.Remember Ferguson won nothing for the first 3 years after he took over at Man U.How many managers have Chelsea gone through in the same period Mourinho apart?Crazy.

ThomasJ
16-05-13, 19:56
He deserves it, a good pro and well worth a year. Good move by the club.