PDA

View Full Version : Rooney

Clyde
15-05-13, 08:46
Well it looks like he's leaving Man U which is kinda sad. I find Rooney a great player to watch he has fantastic skill and some of his goals will go down in history I would imagine any team would want him but his 250k a week wage packet would put anybody off and unsettle other team members, the high wage packet can sometimes be your downfall he is just as good as RVP if not better but these high wage deals can end your days a big teams. Hopefully he will stay at United or in the premiership at least.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english-league/2013/0515/392321-rooney-not-on-bayern-agenda/

westcorklad
15-05-13, 12:26
Well it looks like he's leaving Man U which is kinda sad. I find Rooney a great player to watch he has fantastic skill and some of his goals will go down in history I would imagine any team would want him but his 250k a week wage packet would put anybody off and unsettle other team members, the high wage packet can sometimes be your downfall he is just as good as RVP if not better but these high wage deals can end your days a big teams. Hopefully he will stay at United or in the premiership at least.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english-league/2013/0515/392321-rooney-not-on-bayern-agenda/

What odds a move to Chelsea for Rooney?

TomEA
15-05-13, 12:29
PSG 15/4
Bayern 3/1

Martin Ward
15-05-13, 12:36
The guy is a sulky little child who blatantly doesn't give a rats ass about the club or the fans.

I would get shut, seriously

westcorklad
15-05-13, 12:41
The guy is a sulky little child who blatantly doesn't give a rats ass about the club or the fans.

If Fergie had stayed on as manager Rooney would be out the door during the summer.Whether or not Moyes will want him to stay remains to be seen.Its far from certain at this point that he will be leaving the club IMO.

benin
15-05-13, 13:17

Could not agree more.

Martin Ward
15-05-13, 13:22
Could not agree more.

I think this is where he differs from Suarez.

Even though Suarez is half mental, no-one in football tries harder than him. That is why he is forgiven by LFC fans.

What fans will never forgive (or ours anyway) is a man asking to leave and refusing to play

benin
15-05-13, 13:26
I think this is where he differs from Suarez.

Even though Suarez is half mental, no-one in football tries harder than him. That is why he is forgiven by LFC fans.

What fans will never forgive (or ours anyway) is a man asking to leave and refusing to play

Agreed

Say what you like about Suarez (and I have) but nobody can ever say he does not give 100 percent...unlike our chubby little brat.

Martin Ward
15-05-13, 13:29
Agreed

Say what you like about Suarez (and I have) but nobody can ever say he does not give 100 percent...unlike our chubby little brat.

A man has to show respect to the club to be thought of well. When Torres forced through the deal with Chelsea and then said it was good to move to a big club, he lost the fans forever...I for one have loved his failure ever since

very shy guy
15-05-13, 14:14

Agreed Martin,even for his own sake he should have gone 2 years ago as he has not reached the level he should have,doubt he ever will,he was not giving 100% with a very long time.

Clyde
15-05-13, 14:20
What odds a move to Chelsea for Rooney?

I doubt it 250k a week ....he needs to get real

Curious k
15-05-13, 14:25
I doubt it 250k a week ....he needs to get real
Of course your right! But Chelsea have a track record, and I wouldn't be surprised if they paid him even more!

bluefan1
15-05-13, 15:18
Of course your right! But Chelsea have a track record, and I wouldn't be surprised if they paid him even more!

What track record? Chelsea have had a very good recent history of buying players-
- especially when compared with other PL teams. You could certainly argue that Torres wasn't worth 50m but look at waft QPR and Newcastle spent on players in Jan alone. Did all of those players combined come close to matching Torres' singular contribution? Liverpool, Arsenal, and others have bought some real duds in recent years. Indeed Until Liverpool clear them out their manager can't play the style of football he was brought in to instil in the team.

Martin Ward
15-05-13, 15:30
What track record? Chelsea have had a very good recent history of buying players-
- especially when compared with other PL teams. You could certainly argue that Torres wasn't worth 50m but look at waft QPR and Newcastle spent on players in Jan alone. Did all of those players combined come close to matching Torres' singular contribution? Liverpool, Arsenal, and others have bought some real duds in recent years. Indeed Until Liverpool clear them out their manager can't play the style of football he was brought in to instil in the team.

Whilst I agree that BR needs to buy in, I have to admit that Downing and Henderson are growing on me. Downing will stick around for the squad, but I think Henderson may actually make it. he is much better that Joe Allen.

Carroll will. Go. In most cases it wasn't the player that was the problem, just the horrific transfer fee (The fee especially weighing heavily on Henderson, who himself knew it was too much)

Curious k
15-05-13, 16:40
Erm as a Chelsea fan I'd have thought you're very familiar with their transfer policy? Their track record of offering players massive wages in order to turn their heads.(tapping up Stephen Gerrard). Few examples Robben agreed a deal to join MU, Chelsea came in and offered so much wages he went their instead! As did: Micheal Essien, and Obi Michele was a free transfer on a 10k a week deal at United, signed, Chelsea offered 70k a week and his United contract was disputed to run for the money. Resulting in the club being fined, paying United 10m in compensation!

Torres doubled his wages when joining Chelsea( wonder why he went?
Hazard, chose Chelsea over MU and MC this summer? They offered his agent a 5m sweetener, and the player a wage the other two could not match?
Is that not a track record? Not to mention how they as a club single handedly inflated the transfer market?

Curious k
15-05-13, 16:49
I won't get into their policy on managers yet! Who they also buy in the transfer market. But hey if you've money to burn, just burn it they say!

NoBrain2
15-05-13, 21:01
Rumour has it Newcastle could be preparing to make an offer

bluefan1
17-05-13, 10:12
Erm as a Chelsea fan I'd have thought you're very familiar with their transfer policy? Their track record of offering players massive wages in order to turn their heads.(tapping up Stephen Gerrard). Few examples Robben agreed a deal to join MU, Chelsea came in and offered so much wages he went their instead! As did: Micheal Essien, and Obi Michele was a free transfer on a 10k a week deal at United, signed, Chelsea offered 70k a week and his United contract was disputed to run for the money. Resulting in the club being fined, paying United 10m in compensation!

Torres doubled his wages when joining Chelsea( wonder why he went?
Hazard, chose Chelsea over MU and MC this summer? They offered his agent a 5m sweetener, and the player a wage the other two could not match?
Is that not a track record? Not to mention how they as a club single handedly inflated the transfer market?

What's your point? Chelsea buy the players they want. We all watched for years as MU were the only club with money. Then Roman arrived and its all change 13 trophies in 11 years I think and someone to compete with MU. Have you seen MU , s balance sheet they're massively in debt since the Americans arrived. Finally, the highest paid players in the PL do not play for Chelsea.

pattya
17-05-13, 10:26
pity suarez is just a racisit then among other things, look there is no loyalty in football its all about money r u tellin me if real madrid came in for suarez he wouldnt b off ?? im stickin to the gaa for my sports heroes

Martin Ward
17-05-13, 10:35
Rooney will end up getting a pay rise and staying.

To be fair, there is no room for him in any of Europe's elite clubs, and he won;t be sold to a domestic rival.

I am waiting for the big presser where he decides to stay and the subsequent three days coverage on Sky Sports News

benin
17-05-13, 17:53
Rooney will end up getting a pay rise and staying.

To be fair, there is no room for him in any of Europe's elite clubs, and he won;t be sold to a domestic rival.

I am waiting for the big presser where he decides to stay and the subsequent three days coverage on Sky Sports News

I think you are wrong this time,i really hope you are.

Clyde
17-05-13, 17:54
I think you are wrong this time,i really hope you are.

Would you prefer to see him go?

mikki99943
17-05-13, 22:20
down to the granny brothel for that rooney tosser :p

very shy guy
17-05-13, 22:34

I would,he should have been sold a couple of years ago,has not given anything near a hundred percent in a long time,should have developed into a world class player,never will because he does not have the mentality for it,hope Bale does.

benin
18-05-13, 03:27

Yes without a doubt.

Clyde
18-05-13, 07:21
Tbh I'm surprised by you United supporters wanting to see him go I taught he was your fav player well you learn something new everyday .....

UB40
18-05-13, 09:02
I was always a fan of Rooney . The relationship with Ferguson had obviously broken down. When Rooney started out he was the the consumate professional giving 110% every time. But he appears to be a player that needs delicate handling and encouragement to keep his confidence up. In recent years he did not get that from Ferguson and was constantly played out of position, substituted early etc etc. Ferguson then put it about that he was lacking in confidence etc etc.
Maybe I'm wrong but we will see the results if he goes to a new club.

very shy guy
18-05-13, 11:40
I was always a fan of Rooney . The relationship with Ferguson had obviously broken down. When Rooney started out he was the the consumate professional giving 110% every time. But he appears to be a player that needs delicate handling and encouragement to keep his confidence up. In recent years he did not get that from Ferguson and was constantly played out of position, substituted early etc etc. Ferguson then put it about that he was lacking in confidence etc etc.
Maybe I'm wrong but we will see the results if he goes to a new club.

What he is ,is a spoilt brat with a bad temper,should have been a player that no one could mark,just does not have it upstairs,I will tell you one thing,if Brian Cody told Henry Shefflin to play in goal he would,there is no I in team,agree with you when he came on the scene first he was great to watch,sadly his behavour after that let him down badly,I hope for his own sake he gets it together at another club,although I doubt it.