PDA

View Full Version : Mancini to be sacked

mikki99943
12-05-13, 13:31
reports out that Manuel Pellegrin is to replace Mancini at citeh :))

pleasurekerry
12-05-13, 13:35

..par for the course isn't it, anyway i don't think Mancini will starve- just move on to the next multi-million deal..

very shy guy
12-05-13, 13:46
If its true it goes to show how fickle owners are,won the FA cup and the league,and finished second this year.

dob
12-05-13, 14:28
Yesterday's rooster, tomorrow's feather duster

benin
12-05-13, 17:48
If its true it goes to show how fickle owners are,won the FA cup and the league,and finished second this year.

failed miserably in europe twice and lost the league with unlimited funds to a very average united squad,he is a joke and i want him to stay at city,

song time....

ohhh mancini ooohhh mancini,he gave our trophy back... and now he got the sack... pmsl

Morpheus
12-05-13, 23:47

What a waste!

Mancini has been Man City's most succesful manager in years, yet he's being sacked because they didn't ge any silver ware this season!

They should take a leaf out of their fellow Manchester rivals (and superiors) book. The key to long term success is to have a good long standing manager and to let him do his job.

Curious k
12-05-13, 23:59
What a waste!

Mancini has been Man City's most succesful manager in years, yet he's being sacked because they didn't ge any silver ware this season!

They should take a leaf out of their fellow Manchester rivals (and superiors) book. The key to long term success is to have a good long standing manager and to let him do his job.
I know! It makes you ask the question what do they expect from their next manager? I do agree he has actually done quite well, but I think he has falling out with the wrong people at the club. Some comments he made to the media throughout the season hasn't helped him.

But he got a 5year deal last summer! Reported 4million a year!! Wow. They will have to pay him 20million to sack him? Maybe he wants the sack? :)

Usernamed
13-05-13, 21:53
All the best Roberto (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128)

Usernamed
13-05-13, 21:59
Billionaire's have no patients.

Clyde
13-05-13, 22:05
Billionaire's have no patients.

Fuckin right look at DiMetto this year he did no wrong and bang he's gone in a flash

NoBrain2
13-05-13, 22:42
No surprise, really needed to win the cup to have any chance. Still didn't deserve to be sacked

very shy guy
14-05-13, 06:24
No surprise, really needed to win the cup to have any chance. Still didn't deserve to be sacked

Have to agree with benny,made some weird decisions,still very harsh,nice payoff though.

Lara Mills
14-05-13, 14:20
An article that I've found, speculating about which one of the bosses called for his head. Might be an interesting read for some:

The firing squad: Mancini is gone... but who are the City bosses who called for his head?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/14/article-2324233-19C549F5000005DC-992_634x441.jpg

The writing was on the wall for Roberto Mancini, even before his failed attempt to win the FA Cup for the second time in three seasons.
When the Italian climbed the steps at Wembley after watching his team lose 1-0 to Wigan on Saturday, he was met by the firing squad. The City officials who collaborated to end his reign at the club.
Mancini, who led City to their first League title in 44 years last season having clinched the FA Cup the year before, remains extremely popular with the majority of Blues fans but burned too many bridges within the club, making his position untenable.
Enlarge
The brass: Roberto Mancini faced the men who orchestrated his downfall after defeat at Wembley
The 48-year-old has publicly criticised players Samir Nasri, Joe Hart as well as freezing out Joleon Lescott this season, but his relationship with those above him turning sour proved fatal.
As Mancini vacates his position - with Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini lined up to replace him - Sportsmail looks at the men who orchestrated his demise at the Etihad.

Out: Mancini was sacked after failing to win a single trophy this season

Harsh? Mancini left his London hotel today following last night's announcement of his sacking...

To read the rest of the article: Click here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324233/Roberto-Mancini-sacked-Manchester-City-Who-men-called-head.html)

Martin Ward
14-05-13, 15:04
At least Liverpool have Brendan Rodgers. A new stable era whilst we get back in that top four!!

benin
14-05-13, 15:25
At least Liverpool have Brendan Rodgers. A new stable era whilst we get back in that top four!!

i suspect Lara has something in those brownies ;)

westcorklad
14-05-13, 15:28
Harsh on Mancini considering what division Man City were playing in until Sheikh Mansour came along, but thats the expectation level at the club now.Im sure he will pick up another job before too long though.BTW Rafa Benitez could be a dark horse to replace him.You read it here first.

benin
14-05-13, 15:30
Harsh on Mancini considering what division Man City were playing in until Sheikh Mansour came along, but thats the expectation level at the club now.Im sure he will pick up another job before too long though.BTW Rafa Benitez could be a dark horse to replace him.You read it here first.

id pay some of his wages if he getsthe job...as i suspect would most united fans ;)

Martin Ward
14-05-13, 15:34
id pay some of his wages if he getsthe job...as i suspect would most united fans ;)

When did Rafa become some sort of joke??? If you look at his record he is excellent.

And you have to remember, at Liverpool he had David Villa, David Silva and an unknown Brazilian called Radamao Falcao ready to sign, it was the board that refused to pay

benin
14-05-13, 15:36
When did Rafa become some sort of joke??? If you look at his record he is excellent.

And you have to remember, at Liverpool he had David Villa, David Silva and an unknown Brazilian called Radamao Falcao ready to sign, it was the bore that refused to pay

yeah i call them pigs also ;

westcorklad
14-05-13, 15:37

He hasnt done too bad a job at Chelsea since he replaced RDM.Premier League top four finish assured and possibly a European trophy by tomorrow night despite the Blues fans hatred towards him.City could do worse than appoint him.

Martin Ward
14-05-13, 15:38
yeah i call them pigs also ;

Fast typing which you got to before I did, but answer the point Manc!

j81
14-05-13, 17:15
not a bad severance pay , nearly 28 million

Curious k
14-05-13, 20:12

And you have to remember, at Liverpool he had David Villa, David Silva and an unknown Brazilian called Radamao Falcao ready to sign, it was the board that refused to pay
Rafa first became a "joke" when he blew a fuse in his press conference! (Fact!!) which resulted in Liverpool falling apart and blowing an 11point lead in the PL!
As for the signings he proclaims he wanted to make! Every club in world football wanted them lads, Rafa was no super scout as I myself was well aware of all 3 players mentioned! Now as for the owners not backing Rafa? The fat waiter had the second highest net spend in the PL throughout his regime only second to Chelsea. I won't name his big money signings, but I could!

He showed every manager in world football how to ruin a great team/squad when he got the Inter job. Another job Rafa refuses to except responsibility for, citing the owners once again! Sigh!
Him being a joke at Chelsea! Well I may not call him a joke, but desperate? Yes! A manager you mentioned "Brendan Rogers" said when linked with Chelsea before (desperate Rafa moved in) "I'm trying to build a career, not destroy it". Even he knew not to take the job. Don't say he's doing well at Chelsea, Even Kenny Dalglish could manage that squad!:)

Shaunreynolds
16-01-19, 20:16
Good riddance