View Full Version : When helping is anything but

Curvaceous Kate
31-01-13, 11:51
http://sexonomics-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/when-help-is-anything-but.html

saoirsemac
31-01-13, 12:17
excellent article

fav bit

Well the Magdalene Laundries were scandal on a scale far greater than the Hillsborough tragedy, for many more years. So I think the same arguments hold. The people who did this should not be in any way involved with women and young people, ever. Could you imagine if the South Yorkshire police branched out and started a private security firm specifically for football matches? They'd be laughed and shamed out of town. Carry that thinking through: we should be laughing and shaming Ruhama far, far away from anything to do with the welfare of vulnerable women and children.

We still do not know the truth about what happened in the Laundries, nor who exactly was responsible, how many families it affected. To even consider letting Ruhama be involved with the prostitution consultation, much less any policymaking or aid, should be scandalous.

gamey27
31-01-13, 12:32
great article.

Brooke Magnanti's logic is usually very difficult to argue with. Anytime I've seen her debate, she always comes out on top.

milkman
31-01-13, 13:36
Part of an emil sent to VB show last night :

Research done by James Smith of Boston College on behalf of Justice for Magadelenes dated lat year :

Whilst page 44 queries the tax evasion by the laundries , the real shit of the orders lies between pages 46 - 49

http://www.magdalenelaundries.com/JFM_Narrative_State_Interaction.pdf

Doesn't say a lot for the character for the likes of Benson and co making a living,helping these abusers.....

Rachel Divine
31-01-13, 14:55
All quiet on twitter about that blog.

Curvaceous Kate
31-01-13, 15:12
All quiet on twitter about that blog.

I think they are riding on a crest of the wave from last nights thing with Vincent. You can see them patting each other on the back.

milkman
31-01-13, 15:16
To be fair , there was 'victory' claimed here re Rachel's appearance the previous day so judging by people's comments on here, it was fairly emphatic.:(