PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SWCI

Louise SWCI
16-01-13, 22:33
Hello folks.

With the support of with ECP London we are currently in the process of setting up a Sex Workers Collective to represent sex workers in Ireland.

The ECP provides information, help and support to individual prostitute women and others who are concerned with sex workers’ rights, civil, legal and economic rights.

We are far from being in full swing at the moment and expect it to be several more weeks before we are fully functional with a live website. Our primary aim at the moment is to give sex workers a collective voice in the media.

At this stage I would like to invite you to drop me a message with your email address if you would like to join the collective and have your chance to put your views forward. Every sex worker voice matters.

The first project will be to address the national media regarding concerns that sex workers themselves are being ignored when considering the proposed changes in the law.

Regards

Louise SWCI

the traveller
16-01-13, 22:37
That's great news, something that was sadly lacking A deep heart felt thank you.

Louise SWCI
16-01-13, 22:55
I realise it all looks a bit dodgy at the minute without an official website etc but I figure the quicker we get started with the

collective the better. It'll all come together eventually!

dr love
16-01-13, 23:04
Will gladly help .: doc

Dub Lad
17-01-13, 03:41
Isn't there already the Sex Workers Alliance Ireland (SWAI)?

There was a lady from this organisation up in the Senate Committee today....

LaBelleThatcher
17-01-13, 06:27
Isn't there already the Sex Workers Alliance Ireland (SWAI)?

There was a lady from this organisation up in the Senate Committee today....

Unfortunately Dub Lad, they have never included any sex workers :(

EnglishAlex
17-01-13, 10:00
Hello folks.

With the support of with ECP London we are currently in the process of setting up a Sex Workers Collective to represent sex workers in Ireland.

The ECP provides information, help and support to individual prostitute women and others who are concerned with sex workers’ rights, civil, legal and economic rights.

We are far from being in full swing at the moment and expect it to be several more weeks before we are fully functional with a live website. Our primary aim at the moment is to give sex workers a collective voice in the media.

At this stage I would like to invite you to drop me a message with your email address if you would like to join the collective and have your chance to put your views forward. Every sex worker voice matters.

The first project will be to address the national media regarding concerns that sex workers themselves are being ignored when considering the proposed changes in the law.

Regards

Louise SWCI

Brilliant :D

Welcome to the forum Louise x

Might we be able to translate the first post on the thread for the sex workers who's first language isn't English, please? Anyone? Thanks in advance x

Jack in the Box
17-01-13, 15:32
Hello folks.

Regards

Louise SWCI

Excellent news!

samlad
17-01-13, 15:34
Hello folks.

Regards

Louise SWCI

Welcome Louise, and thank you for your support of sex workers :)

Laura Lee
21-01-13, 19:23
Hi Louise and welcome. :)