Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Another big story is that Ross Brawn is telling people he has retired from Motorsport.

When he left Mercedes last year he was expected to take a short break and then join another team.

Of course, a man of his talent, how long before some team makes him an offer he can't refuse?
    I read in an article that Brawn said he could be persuaded back to the sport, although its not in his plans. I think he'll be back 2015.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 27-02-14 at 16:35.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Van Der Graaf View Post
    "Persuaded" as in if he's offered enough cash.... Lol

The guy is a genius and he will be missed in the sport.... But I can't see him staying away for too long.
    Although money is huge in the sport I think the roll he has in the team is more important. I'm sure thats why he left mercedes in the first place! I know he was Team Principle but think there was disagreements as to his ecxpectations of his roll! I may be wrong. Besides in F1 its always gonna be big money

He certainly is a genius.
    Motor sport is in his blood. I reckon a year out & he'll miss the smell of petrol & burning rubbing & be back the following season
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 27-02-14 at 20:36.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Although money is huge in the sport I think the roll he has in the team is more important. I'm sure thats why he left mercedes in the first place! I know he was Team Principle but think there was disagreements as to his ecxpectations of his roll! I may be wrong. Besides in F1 its always gonna be big money

He certainly is a genius.
    Motor sport is in his blood. I reckon a year out & he'll miss the smell of petrol & burning rubbing & be back the following season
    The 2009 season was incredible, a sporting Cinderella story. If Brawn can replicate that magic, I'll be glad to have him back in 2015!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7dayslater For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (28-02-14)

Reviews

The 28th of February (today) is homologation day for engines. This means after today, teams can only change parts in the name of safety, reliability and cost-cutting.

Renault (surprise!) has requested an extension at today’s meeting of the rule-making body.
    But this rule exists because Renault threatened to quit if it was not introduced.
    Also, all the teams have already had an extra year to develop the engines, again at the request of Renault.

In theory, Renault would need agreement from all the other teams to change the rule. A rule Renault lobbied for, and now want changed.

Is this Renault on the way out in F1? Is it just too expensive for them? Present problems are being blamed on lack of investment for the new turbo V-6's

Honda is coming back to F1 in 2015, supplying engines to McLaren.
    Honda's F1 base is going to be in Milton Keynes. Red Bull are just down the road……..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Honda is coming back to F1 in 2015, supplying engines to McLaren.
    Honda's F1 base is going to be in Milton Keynes. Red Bull are just down the road……..
    Surprised at that. I thought McLaren were trying to construct their own engines. Must have hit a snag somewhere. But sure if the McLaren-Honda partnership is as successful as the last time they won't care

Might go to Silverstone , birthday present for myself as in August I will be away for the whole month and will be difficult to catch up on Monza ...

Still hate DRS it's such a stupid system, last seaon i stopped watching after the half way when RB started to dominate again. Hope Kimi and Alonso wipe the floor with Vettel this year.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budfox For This Useful Post:

ocred (01-03-14), Rachel Divine (06-03-14)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Budfox View Post
    Still hate DRS it's such a stupid system, last seaon i stopped watching after the half way when RB started to dominate again. Hope Kimi and Alonso wipe the floor with Vettel this year.
    Hope it will be Ferrari's year, love to see them back at the top

Reviews

Pre-season testing can be an unreliable indicator of true form.

But reliability looks like it will be an issue for all the teams.
    Not only does the complexity of the engines lead to unreliability, but makes the engines much harder and time consuming to fix when something does go wrong.

At the moment there appears to be a pecking order in both reliability and speed.

Mercedes engines which power Mercedes, Williams, Force India and McLaren look the best.

Ferrari which powers Ferrari, Sauber and Marussia are a clear second.

Renault are in a poor third place at present. Renault power Lotus, Caterham and Toro Rosso, and of course last years runaway champions, Red Bull.

Most teams will have an upgrade package for the first race, but still it looks like it will be an interesting season when the 65th Formula One Season starts in Australia in Melbourne, with testing/qualifying on 14-15 March, and the race on the 16 March.

13. Default

Red Bull have applied for an extra 200g in the maximum weight allowance of car + full fuel + driver package .... they need it for the extra rubber tread on the drivers' shoes so they can get out and push without slipping ....

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast