Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foreigners in Ireland......send them back ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    But what about all the beautiful ladies that come here to work? We all love them so where do you draw the line
    AS I said earlier, they come to work, so no issue.

Reviews

And your very welcome, wish there were more like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afroman View Post
    i am not originally from ireland, but i work in a well paid job, pay my taxes and i do my bit for the country, so no i dont think we should go back anywhere

Reviews

Not to many of the refugees in Mosney risked their lives to get here. They could afford to pay to get here. They're economic migrants who even when granted refugee status, don't and never intend to work. They openly brag about the money they receive and the stupid Irish people who pay them for doing nothing. I have witnessed this at first hand.

Reviews

There is more than one side to that story, or indeed any story. But, there are a huge number of 'economic migrants' who would love to work but are not allowed to do so as long as thier application for refugee status is under consideration.

This process can take any length of time, many have had to wait years.

The main problem is the European welfare state in general and Ireland in particular which can make it impossible for someone to make the transition from not working to working.

It is up to the overnments of the world to make sure that there is enough employment for everyone but they dont do this because the majority of politicians only want to retain power and are therefore very short termist in their strategies.

In ireland for example it is crazy that we have so many unemployed construction workers on the one hand and construction jobs which needs to be done. But the government can not create an imaginative way to put these two things together.

Anyway, I am getting off the point. There is more than enough work for everybody if the political elites would only grow a pair of balls and stop thinking about themselves for a moment and tell Merkozy to go take a run and jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedreilly View Post
    Not to many of the refugees in Mosney risked their lives to get here. They could afford to pay to get here. They're economic migrants who even when granted refugee status, don't and never intend to work. They openly brag about the money they receive and the stupid Irish people who pay them for doing nothing. I have witnessed this at first hand.

Is racism still called racism, when it is directed towards other nations, rather than races?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Is racism still called racism, when it is directed towards other nations, rather than races?
    No it would be discrimination then as a country could be made up of several races of people
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    No it would be discrimination then as a country could be made up of several races of people
    Regardless the word you will use to descibe it, it burns down to the fear of the unknown/different. Ppl are quick to judge it as a bad thing rather than a good one. Human nature at it's best, says I.
    It comes also handy, if you are in the need to see yourself in a better light. Just point the finger.
    How I wish to be still alive when the day comes, where people will start by looking onto themselves before expressing judgements about others.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (09-12-11), experiencedguy (09-12-11), herodotus (09-12-11)

Reviews

You are right Anna. People who express ideas which are racist or discriminatory usually have problems of their own which they try to explain by blaming other people. It is very easy to slip into this sort of attitude and I have done it myself in the past. That does not mean we should put up with such racist or any other sort of discriminatory ideas. It is important to educate young people and hope that the next generation will not tolerate such bigoted views and that one day such views will be looked on as something from the past and not part of the modern world.

Regardless the word you will use to descibe it, it burns down to the fear of the unknown/different. Ppl are quick to judge it as a bad thing rather than a good one. Human nature at it's best, says I.
    It comes also handy, if you are in the need to see yourself in a better light. Just point the finger.
    How I wish to be still alive when the day comes, where people will start by looking onto themselves before expressing judgements about others.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herodotus For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (09-12-11), doodlebug (09-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think wishing for that Anna is wishing to live forever
    Last edited by ber; 09-12-11 at 00:58.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

experiencedguy (09-12-11), herodotus (09-12-11)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123