Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids Today

Reviews

Default Kids Today

When I was a youngster I rarely had two pennies to rub together. And when I did I spent then on penny sweets, fizz bombs and Mr.Freeze's.

Today I was at a restaurant, quiet nice but not what you'd call fancy. The next table was populated by 4 girls, somewhere in the 10 to 15 age bracket. On their own, no parents with them. They weren't a nuisance like .... they giggled and told secrets to each other about Barbie most likely.

So what's happened here ? Kids these days don't seem content with being kids any more ..... they want to appear grown up. It's very sad in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    When I was a youngster I rarely had two pennies to rub together. And when I did I spent then on penny sweets, fizz bombs and Mr.Freeze's.

Today I was at a restaurant, quiet nice but not what you'd call fancy. The next table was populated by 4 girls, somewhere in the 10 to 15 age bracket. On their own, no parents with them. They weren't a nuisance like .... they giggled and told secrets to each other about Barbie most likely.

So what's happened here ? Kids these days don't seem content with being kids any more ..... they want to appear grown up. It's very sad in my opinion.
    Yes...this is very sad...because they dont know what it means childhood...and i dont think that they was tols secrets about Barbie...
    Have the courage to say YES!Have the courage to say NO!And in every moment difficult..To be always the same YOU!Knowing how to think when others deceive you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Christine For This Useful Post:

Banjo (22-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    and i dont think that they was tols secrets about Barbie...
    Yeah you're probably right ..... that's just me and my own innocence thinking that's what they're whispering about

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Christine (22-10-11)

If you ask me, they got too much freedom these days!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SR71 For This Useful Post:

Christine (22-10-11), lovethegirls (22-10-11)

the thing about changes in the way children behave comes through the generations... as each generation wants to make changes to the way they bring up their children.. often when we think back to how our parents brought us up we often have said I would never do that to my child.. when I was a child I got pocket money on a saturday and it was very little and often I had to work very hard for it and could loose it very easy.. never was I in a resturant basically my parents could not afford it.. but now we live in a credit card society many do not care about money or how it is spent.. often they want to show off and allow their children a lot.. people do not want to save for things.. they want it and want it now.. so lord knows wat the next generation will bring..x
    Last edited by DONEGALANGEL; 22-10-11 at 18:12.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DONEGALANGEL For This Useful Post:

ber (22-10-11), lovethegirls (22-10-11), SR71 (22-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DONEGALANGEL View Post
    the thing about changes in the way children behave comes through the generations... as each generation wants to make changes to the way they bring up their children.. often when we think back to how our parents brought us up we often have said I would never do that to my child.. when I was a child I got pocket money on a saturday and it was very little and often I had to work very hard for it and could loose it very easy.. never was I in a resturant basically my parents could not afford it.. but now we live in a credit card society many do not care about money or how it is spent.. often they want to show off and allow their children a lot.. people do not want to save for things.. they want it and want it now.. so lord knows wat the next generation will bring..x

I have seen my brothers and sisters give in to that attitude to there kids basically to shut them up which is totally wrong IMO.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    [/B]

I have seen my brothers and sisters give in to that attitude to there kids basically to shut them up which is totally wrong IMO.
    If I have kids, it will be discipline all the way. No tantrums allowed, end off!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SR71 For This Useful Post:

harry10 (22-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    If I have kids, it will be discipline all the way. No tantrums allowed, end off!
    I remember getting £5 the old punt for the week christ how times have changed as Banjo has stated.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

Christine (22-10-11), SR71 (22-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    I have kids. Ours are town saints, home sinners. They have manners but it takes a lot of hard work. Has to start when they are no height and the message has to be consistent. Kids today have more than we had but their kids will have more than them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

Christine (22-10-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

Completely disagree here. Kids are fantastic, bright, still innocent, positive , well mannered , loving, caring, bubbly and still kids at heart. I'd love to be one myself ! I love them !Thats my experience to date anyway !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ksteve For This Useful Post:

Christine (22-10-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast