Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wtf is it with all the disappeared today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Wtf is it with all the disappeared today?

This place is starting to take on the appearance of Argentina during the junta c. 1980, and no I'm not talking about Brothers Anon, Jimbop and Co. either. I'm talking about threads that get locked up and the key thrown away or those that disappear without a trace and are never seen again.

Now I was in the process of posting replies on at least three threads today, and these were not your "Congratulations", "Hello I'm f**king new here" or " Good Morning.....guess what, I had a hang sangwich for breakfast and today is Good f**king Friday" threads. They were interesting threads, where interesting debates were taking place between interesting people who had something interesting to say about the interesting subject matter. The kind of shit I basically like to get involved in.

Maybe it's my fault for being a damn slow typist, or the fact that I spend an eternity looking up the on-line dictionary or the on-line thesaurus and maybe another site or two for some background material and the odd photo or two and then proof read my contribution and correct any errors before I post it, as I like to do my research and not look like a complete wally. Then when I'm finally ready and hit the submit or send button, I invariably get a message back that I have selected an invalid thread. I'm not blind yet and I'm just about still compos mentis, so I know I aint imagining seeing stuff here, particularly as I had already contributed to some of those threads. So basically, being still compos mentis, I rationally deduct that between me starting to prepare my reply and actually trying to submit it, something untoward happened to the relevant thread.

Now back in the day, when a rather different group of people did the modding around here, threads still got locked down and in some cases even deleted, but in most cases this was after anything that infringed the rules was edited out, maybe a warning or moderator's comment was posted on the thread, and even an official warning or an infraction issued to the offending party. As a rule, threads did not just disappear willy nilly without any indication that people were causing problems or breaking the posting rules on those threads. Thread deletions came at the end of a process and most people had a fair idea of why threads were deleted.

You've lost four members today who had something of worth to say here.......keep this up and the only people who will be left are those who are happy to express their intellect on "Drop one, Keep One" and "The last one to post wins".

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

ber (04-10-11), Christine (03-10-11), DaithiMac (04-10-11), dave1dave (04-10-11), doodlebug (03-10-11), El Gordo (04-10-11), Forrest (03-10-11), hd7055 (03-10-11), jayf1 (04-10-11), Lucy Chambers (03-10-11), max california (03-10-11), mellors (04-10-11), monster_monster (04-10-11), Nyna (03-10-11), Prickly (04-10-11), sexy lady (04-10-11), skywalker85 (03-10-11), sperminater (04-10-11), SR71 (03-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    This place is starting to take on the appearance of Argentina during the junta c. 1980, and no I'm not talking about Brothers Anon, Jimbop and Co. either. I'm talking about threads that get locked up and the key thrown away or those that disappear without a trace and are never seen again.

Now I was in the process of posting replies on at least three threads today, and these were not your "Congratulations", "Hello I'm f**king new here" or " Good Morning.....guess what, I had a hang sangwich for breakfast and today is Good f**king Friday" threads. They were interesting threads, where interesting debates were taking place between interesting people who had something interesting to say about the interesting subject matter. The kind of shit I basically like to get involved in.

Maybe it's my fault for being a damn slow typist, or the fact that I spend an eternity looking up the on-line dictionary or the on-line thesaurus and maybe another site or two for some background material and the odd photo or two and then proof read my contribution and correct any errors before I post it, as I like to do my research and not look like a complete wally. Then when I'm finally ready and hit the submit or send button, I invariably get a message back that I have selected an invalid thread. I'm not blind yet and I'm just about still compos mentis, so I know I aint imagining seeing stuff here, particularly as I had already contributed to some of those threads. So basically, being still compos mentis, I rationally deduct that between me starting to prepare my reply and actually trying to submit it, something untoward happened to the relevant thread.

Now back in the day, when a rather different group of people did the modding around here, threads still got locked down and in some cases even deleted, but in most cases this was after anything that infringed the rules was edited out, maybe a warning or moderator's comment was posted on the thread, and even an official warning or an infraction issued to the offending party. As a rule, threads did not just disappear willy nilly without any indication that people were causing problems or breaking the posting rules on those threads. Thread deletions came at the end of a process and most people had a fair idea of why threads were deleted.

You've lost four members today who had something of worth to say here.......keep this up and the only people who will be left are those who are happy to express their intellect on "Drop one, Keep One" and "The last one to post wins".
    I have only been a member now 6 months and i have noticed people leaving.Is this the norm?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy2011 View Post
    I have only been a member now 6 months and i have noticed people leaving.Is this the norm?
    Back in the day, they used to have to be kicked off.........now they're volunteering to board the lifeboats.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Back in the day, they used to have to be kicked off.........now they're volunteering to board the lifeboats.
    Well brother Carlos, we still have Alec, so all is not lost.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    Well brother Carlos, we still have Alec, so all is not lost.
    Been thinking but the above makes my mind up ...

Do I want to read that idiot's posts and good f***king morning threads - eh, no. Have fun folks, but time to bow out ...

Quote Originally Posted by hd7055 View Post
    Been thinking but the above makes my mind up ...

Do I want to read that idiot's posts and good f***king morning threads - eh, no. Have fun folks, but time to bow out ...
    No one is forced to read/post anything!

Completely agree with you!
    Last edited by benin; 03-10-11 at 22:19.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SR71 For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (03-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    Completely agree with you!
    Very kind of you to edit SR71's post Benny, fair play to yyou.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I can agree with a certain amount of what Carlos says and, as a former moderator himself,
    I tend to pay more heed to his comments.

I have been caught out a few times myself, as a slow typist, when threads have been deleted
    or locked while I am in mid-reply mode.

I don't know what specific threads Carlos is referring to in the op, as I wasn't on the boards much today
    but I read some of the replies by moderators on Anon's thread earlier, that were sniping, at best.
    I don't think he deserved that. He may have gone about his fake-photo reporting in a very
    zealous way and, admittedly, may have got a couple wrong, but he seems to have got a lot
    more right than wrong. We should all be grateful, including E-I management, for the work that
    Anon, MonsterMonster and others do to highlight false advertising.

I would like to see a bit more transparency regarding deleted/locked threads and I don't like
    the way moderators can continue their 'arguments' in a locked thread and those that they
    are 'arguing' with cannot.

Btw, Carlos, don't be a posting snob. DOKO and the other threads in Soap Opera serve their purpose,
    keeping some of our members out of mischief.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

harry10 (04-10-11), hd7055 (03-10-11), ryder (04-10-11), SR71 (03-10-11), TheBestPoster (18-10-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Btw, Carlos, don't be a posting snob. DOKO and the other threads in Soap Opera serve their purpose,
    keeping some of our members out of mischief.
    Actually Brother Forrest, you're quite right. Anything that cures boredom is to be welcomed and there is another live thread currently addressing that issue...........it's just that when I'm bored, I find that a good shag is the best cure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast